I think it's time for me to quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8danger

Nov 28, 2018
Hello I have been vaping for about 2 years now and most recently using my salt nic device the sourin air with 30mg juice! I think it's time for me to quit! Everytime I vape I get horrible full body shakes or chills for like 5 minutes. I do have high anxiety so that could be part of it but the chills are makeing it unbearable so I plan to quit or at least significantly reduce my nicotine level! I'm wondering if any of you guys have any ideas on why this might be happening? The shaking seems most intense at the center of my body and my hands and feet feel very cold! Also any tips on quitting would be great I have been using cannabis and some cbd to help with cravings but it's not perfect! Thank you!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
talk to your doctor
I mean it could just be that you are over nic'ed...but you really should talk to your doctor

you've been vaping for 2 years but have you been vaping at 30mg the entire time?
and trying to quit from 30mg to nothing, would probably be difficult....start cutting your nic levels down

I'm at 3mg but I don't want to really go much lower, might start vaping 0nic when relaxing at home and keep the 3mg for when i'm at work or out and about...

again though, talk to your doctor because if it were too much nic, you'd more than likely also feel sick to your stomach or headache....

Reactions: bombastinator

Gr8danger

Nov 28, 2018
talk to your doctor
I mean it could just be that you are over nic'ed...but you really should talk to your doctor

you've been vaping for 2 years but have you been vaping at 30mg the entire time?
and trying to quit from 30mg to nothing, would probably be difficult....start cutting your nic levels down

I'm at 3mg but I don't want to really go much lower, might start vaping 0nic when relaxing at home and keep the 3mg for when i'm at work or out and about...

again though, talk to your doctor because if it were too much nic, you'd more than likely also feel sick to your stomach or headache....
Thank you for the response I used 3mg and sometimes 6mg in my sub ohm device before I switched to pod systems! I think I'm going to switch back to sub ohm and slowly lower my nic I have been using 6mg and it does seem to hold my cravings and give me less shakes! I will talk to my doctor!

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
if the 6mg isn't enough, you could try 12mg for times you are really having a nic fit
but going from 3mg or 6mg to 30mg is a bit excessive and would more than likely cause some shakiness (much like drinking too much coffee) I mean that's a big jump in nicotine....a few puffs of that is probably the same amount that you would normally get all day vaping on a 3 or 6....
as for cold extremities....that's something your doctor really needs to be advised of

if you like salt nics they do make them in lower levels I have some in 3mg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you for the response I used 3mg and sometimes 6mg in my sub ohm device before I switched to pod systems! I think I'm going to switch back to sub ohm and slowly lower my nic I have been using 6mg and it does seem to hold my cravings and give me less shakes! I will talk to my doctor!

So, you used 3mg nic sub ohm...

How many ml per day of ejuice were you using when you were sub ohming?

How many ml per day were you consuming with the Sourin Air?

If you were consuming 3 mg of nicotine at 10ml per day when you were sub ohm vaping, then you were getting 30 mg of nicotine per day..

If you then switched to the Sourin Air at 30 mg nicotine but were consuming 2ml per day then you were taking in twice the amount of nicotine then your used to, and are having symptoms of nicotine overdose.

On the other hand, if you were consuming 15 ml per day sub ohm, with 5 ml at 6 mg, and 10 ml at 3mg, and your only using 3/4 of a ml of your 30mg in the Sourin Air per day, then your having some nicotine withdrawal symptoms...

So it's important to know what your consumption levels were with both the pod and the sub ohm..

Gr8danger

Nov 28, 2018
So, you used 3mg nic sub ohm...

How many ml per day of ejuice were you using when you were sub ohming?

How many ml per day were you consuming with the Sourin Air?

If you were consuming 3 mg of nicotine at 10ml per day when you were sub ohm vaping, then you were getting 30 mg of nicotine per day..

If you then switched to the Sourin Air at 30 mg nicotine but were consuming 2ml per day then you were taking in twice the amount of nicotine then your used to, and are having symptoms of nicotine overdose.

On the other hand, if you were consuming 15 ml per day sub ohm, with 5 ml at 6 mg, and 10 ml at 3mg, and your only using 3/4 of a ml of your 30mg in the Sourin Air per day, then your having some nicotine withdrawal symptoms...

So it's important to know what your consumption levels were with both the pod and the sub ohm..
Sub ohm I vape about 5ml a day, and with nic salt a little less than half a pod a day probably! I switched back to sub ohm with 6mg now I'm using 3mg and it's much better

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread