Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I need to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this - I have bought and tried juice after juice after juice - desperately wanting to find a sweet bakery flavor or chocolate or pie or waffle or cake or SOMETHING sweet that I like. My problem is none of them taste like what they are supposed to! Everything has just tasted like ... to me - YUCK! I have tried different attys and cartos and tanks - as well as multiple vendors - it just doesn't make any difference. They all taste the same! I have come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with me! Luckily I have found a couple juices a really like and I switch off with those, but its such a big disappointment to me when I see someone post "oh my vanilla cherry pie custard supreme tastes sooo luscious" or "I just got my bavarian chocolate nutty cake juice today and it is the bomb" - I want to like some of these flavors too... :grr::grr:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I am like you and thats why I resorted to DIY ejuice. I don't know when you stopped smoking if you did but the taste buds do change a bit after that and we all get these vaping days where nothing tastes right. I am the same way though had a hard time finding a tobacco juice I like from a vendor but I finally did.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Is it because those sweet juices don't have alot of flavor? I have tried extra flavor, double flavor, triple flavor - still the same...in two days it will be six months since I had a cigarette - other stuff like food tastes better (of course) - its just these juices that I want so much to like but can't! Has DIY worked for you?

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
All I can say is try Kick Bass Vapor's Gooey Better Cake! If you don't like it I will buy it from you. I felt the exact same as you for a while after I started vaping. I saw this video on youtube and heard people talking about this juice. I don't know how to describe the taste, but it's great IMO. I like Vaporbomb Cinn. Danish Swirl also. Some juices also need time to steep. Just b/c you don't like them now, try them again in a month. Juices have a way of developing with time.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Is it because those sweet juices don't have alot of flavor? I have tried extra flavor, double flavor, triple flavor - still the same...in two days it will be six months since I had a cigarette - other stuff like food tastes better (of course) - its just these juices that I want so much to like but can't! Has DIY worked for you?

For sweet juices DIY works for me. We have a wonderful DIY section on this forum with alot of helpful info and people. If you don't want to go full on DIY you can at least buy some ethyl maltol in PG allready or some other sweetener like liquid sucralose or liquid stevia to sweeten your juice further. I think most vendors use 10-15 percent flavoring while in the DIY section I see some people's taste buds require 20-25 percent flavoring.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Yeah Scott - I have heard alot of good things about KBV but have not tried any of their juices yet - I got tired of the same thing happening every time, so I just quit ordering all but the ones I like. I forgot to say that I DID steep the ones I tried - still did not work...Retriever, DIY is an option - but I have to admit it scares me just a bit...thanks everyone!

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
I had the same problem with bakery vapes until I dropped some coin with some of the more pricey vendors. I love most of BMVs fruits and tobaccos that I have tried but their bakery stuff....did not taste to me as labeled. Creams had a sour/spoiled flavor. Toffees had a sweetened urinal cake after taste. Found this pretty universal among all the mid range vendors. The bakery juices that I have tried that worked for me are Copper Creeks House Blend, Gooey Butter Cake and AGs Dream from Vapealicious. Have you tried any of these?

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
Ms T gets most of my orders when it comes to bakery flavors. Her snickerdoodle, sugar cookie, cake batter, apple pie, all her flavored cheesecakes are very true, sweet and full of flavor but her vanillas are my favorite. I cant live without her French vanilla and vanilla custard. Strong and sweet. I also research popular vendors and their best sellers and get samples. I'm expecting a package from KBV today to test out their gooey cake and birthday cake.
Check out the thread called "2011 juice of the year" award in the "general e smoking discussion" forum.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I have those days too. What I found was my mouth was too dry. It only happens in the winter. I bought a cool mist vaporizer shaped like a Teddy Bear and it brings the moisture and the flavor back.If you try this remember it's the Teddy Bear shape.I can't vouch for the duck,alligator,or penguin.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I totally agree with you! How long have you been vaping? After about 3 weeks, I couldn't taste anything but menthol. Then after another 2 weeks my taste buds came back. But there are some great SOUNDING juices that taste like crap. I really like Nite Lite Vapor's Vanilla Strait. It's the only one out of many I have tried that actually smells and tastes like vanilla to me.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
taste is subjective, not to mention just because someone THINKS something is the bomb, doesn't necessarily mean even THEY know WTF they're talking about ;)

some love sushi, some would rather eat their own barf, some love their steaks still pumping blood, other prefer it to be crispy/dry on the outside, others would prefer to eat soy.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I had the same problem with bakery vapes until I dropped some coin with some of the more pricey vendors. I love most of BMVs fruits and tobaccos that I have tried but their bakery stuff....did not taste to me as labeled. Creams had a sour/spoiled flavor. Toffees had a sweetened urinal cake after taste. Found this pretty universal among all the mid range vendors. The bakery juices that I have tried that worked for me are Copper Creeks House Blend, Gooey Butter Cake and AGs Dream from Vapealicious. Have you tried any of these?

No Dark - I havent tried any of those - I do vape Copper Creek's grogg - thats one of my daily ones...I imagine their other stuff is good too...I did drop some $$ on some Mrs T's (hate to mention names) and I was so sure that was going to be it but - not. Thanks for the reply! :)

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I'm almost at 6 months - I figure the ole buds must be about as back as they are going to be!! Guess I either have to give up or keep trying...I have been buying some stuff from VaporGod - cartos & stuff - with each 5 pack you get a free either 10 or 15 ml (can't remember right now-brain is tired) juice - so I am trying some of theirs...

I totally agree with you! How long have you been vaping? After about 3 weeks, I couldn't taste anything but menthol. Then after another 2 weeks my taste buds came back. But there are some great SOUNDING juices that taste like crap. I really like Nite Lite Vapor's Vanilla Strait. It's the only one out of many I have tried that actually smells and tastes like vanilla to me.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
For sweet juices DIY works for me. We have a wonderful DIY section on this forum with alot of helpful info and people. If you don't want to go full on DIY you can at least buy some ethyl maltol in PG allready or some other sweetener like liquid sucralose or liquid stevia to sweeten your juice further. I think most vendors use 10-15 percent flavoring while in the DIY section I see some people's taste buds require 20-25 percent flavoring.

Thanks Shiloh! I will try that :)

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
There are so many juices out there you can really drop a chunk of change, I did, my suggestion is to order sample of juices from different vendors till you find one you can taste and like. I love Vermillion River's Kentucky Blend Peachwood, it took me over a year to find juices that sasified my taste buds. We all have different taste bud's so it's hard to suggest the ones I like cause your buds may not like them! Personally I didn't find Mrs T to be my vape but keep trying you will find it eventually. As of yet I have not found a Chocolate that I like, and I love Chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread