I thought I had it mastered and beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
Boy was I wrong, I know where I error but I can not correct it for awhile, I will have to just do. when I started 10 day's ago, I vape only, I enjoyed it. and no analogs after a 2 pack a day habit.

The juice I ordered when I ordered the Ego was all 24 and good. Then I placed a second order and went down in 11 and 16 then the headaches, three day's a head ache I broke down and bought a pack of smokes and smoked 1/2 a pack.

I have another set of juices on order but they are all 12 and 18 and I know they are not going to be strong enough to not have headaches. Update I just spoke to Gourmet Vapors and they are going to change the levels in my order as it has not shipped yet.

So maybe when that comes I can get back in the right track

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Whew! I use 24 and I smoked a pack a day plus. I just ordered my second ego kit (hoping my wife will use it instead of the short 510.

Get some of the Royal Smokers Cartomizers (2.8 ohm if there is a choice should be the best middle of the road) They are e2- revision 4's and they rock, especially with waffle and fruit flavors. I hear tobacco tastes better out of the atty. I am guessing you are a tobacco kind of guy. Get some samplers from FSUSA and from Backwoods Brew.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Set the low nic juices you have on order aside, and get some more 24mg juice. Your body is trying to tell you that it needs more nicotine. Or, order some 30mg juice of the same flavor and mix it with the low nic juice, so that it doesn't go to waste. The low nic juices will lower the nic level of the 30mg juice.

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
Since they had not completed my order I went ahead and raised the 12 to 24 and left the others at 18, I will place another order next week when I get paid and decide then if I still need the 24 I believe I will, and I think I put the cart in front of the horse so to say.

It's a learning curve I know and I am all for learning

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
It's okay IllinoisMom! Just get back on track with the 24's and stay there for a while! Keep the beast at bay:)

You could always order a bottle of straight PG or VG and make some baby steps in lessening the mG's. No reason to jump down in fast leaps!

But don't stress about it. Stay at 24 until you get comfortable. Don't rush yourself at this point. A month or two down the road, add a lil VG or PG to make it 22 mg. Stay there and get comfortable and then so on.

Proud to meet you,
Lori

FireHorse

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Wyoming, USA
Don't worry about lowering your nic level just yet. It may take a few months of using the 24mg before you can go lower. Remember, you're body is getting used to not having all the other chemicals cigarettes have.

Don't beat yourself up over having to buy a pack of analogs! You won't know exactly what works for you if you don't experiment. I'm glad you were able to change the mg amount though!

asti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
TX. USA
Boy was I wrong, I know where I error but I can not correct it for awhile, I will have to just do. when I started 10 day's ago, I vape only, I enjoyed it. and no analogs after a 2 pack a day habit.

The juice I ordered when I ordered the Ego was all 24 and good. Then I placed a second order and went down in 11 and 16 then the headaches, three day's a head ache I broke down and bought a pack of smokes and smoked 1/2 a pack.

I have another set of juices on order but they are all 12 and 18 and I know they are not going to be strong enough to not have headaches. Update I just spoke to Gourmet Vapors and they are going to change the levels in my order as it has not shipped yet.

So maybe when that comes I can get back in the right track

The Grabbies will leave you after you get your head on straight.
3 days is all you need to control the effects, you CAN CAN DO IT
you just gotta do it instead of trying it - my eldests son famous last words... I'm trying
He used to go on and ON about me smoking..... he went to stay with his Dad ( a non smoker ) for a bit ( all around mutual decision ) and a few years later.... I learn he is smoking!

The headaches might be helped by applying warm/hot towels to your temple/forehead
area.

Breaking down and buying a pack of cancer sticks is not an option, dont care who ya are, what ya do, how much stress is in your life - you have decided to stop
therefore, you should and will

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
Even if you break down and buy you a pack of analogs, dont beat your self up. Not everyone can quit cold turkey on analogs.
So just ween your self off slowly if you have to.

My aunt smoked 1-2 cartons a week, and is now down to 1 carton every 2 weeks while vaping.

The object is to NOT STRESS your self any more, as it will just INCREASE your cravings for more nic & analogs.

Think happy thoughts, and take one day at a time.

ps..Think of how you weened your baby off the bottle, one day they finally drank out of a cup, and someday you may be only vaping.

Last edited:

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
Thank you every one you all made me feel much better, It has been bliss in my house for the past 10 day's to have my 4 children thrilled with my decision, this was a decision I had to make for myself. My husband quit 10 years ago with the patch I just couldn't do that the nightmares were horrible.

My 13 year old hit me hard with Mom, I don't smell like I've been smoking when I go to school. I never gave that a thought. Kind of selfish of me.

It still doesn't take away from the feeling that I let them all down. But I think if I get the higher juice I can get back on track as I want this. I don't want to give up I want to succeed.

Besides I liked after all day still smelling my perfume at the end of the day LOLOLOLOLOLOL

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Common mistake and glad you were able to change your order before it shipped. You'll be able to reduce your nic level if that's what you want to do, but give your body time to adjust to the new way it recieves its nic without the analog additives before you start reducing the amount of nic and do it in smaller increments.

I have NO doubt that when you get your new juice you will easily get back on track again. This was just a little detour which MOST of us experience in our own way.

We're all different in how we react to reducing the nic level that we are comfortable at. Tomorrow I start my 7th week analog free :) I started at 20 mg and now am finally very comfortable at 10-12 mg most of the time, but every once in a while I still need a 18-20 mg boost and realize that there is nothing wrong with that once in while. Someday I hope to reduce my level again down to 8 mg with an occasional shot of 12-15 mg. but I've already learned I don't need to rush that process and will get there when my body is ready to accept that lower level of nic.

FireHorse

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Wyoming, USA
The Grabbies will leave you after you get your head on straight.
3 days is all you need to control the effects, you CAN CAN DO IT
you just gotta do it instead of trying it - my eldests son famous last words... I'm trying
He used to go on and ON about me smoking..... he went to stay with his Dad ( a non smoker ) for a bit ( all around mutual decision ) and a few years later.... I learn he is smoking!

The headaches might be helped by applying warm/hot towels to your temple/forehead
area.

Breaking down and buying a pack of cancer sticks is not an option, dont care who ya are, what ya do, how much stress is in your life - you have decided to stop
therefore, you should and will

Wow! I hate to say this but you sound like one of those horribly annoying ex-smokers! For some of us, it's not that easy to just give up cold turkey and to never go back to analogs. I know people who have quit smoking for several years but then something happened and they started up again. Smoking is an addiction and not every has the ability to stop easily. Some of us would end up in prison if we quit cold turkey and that's a fact!

The OP made a mistake on lowering her mg level too soon and personally, I think it's better to have a few analogs to get by than to go ballistic on our loved ones! The OP has a child to take care of and doesn't have the luxury of laying around with hot towels on the forehead!

I know how I am when I've tried to quit cold turkey. It's not a pleasant thing for me, and it's especially not pleasant for those around me! Being a parent myself, I know I can't deal with my kids if I have a bad headache or flipping out due to lack of nicotine! It's not their fault I started smoking in the first place so they shouldn't have to be subjected to my bad mood when I'm having a nic fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread