I tried an e cig 2 days ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuzi

Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver
I tried an e cig the other day called the NV single use. Menthol flavored not much Vapor, didn't last very long and didn't taste very good but I still had a good experience.
Stopped at 7-11 today...you know where I'm going with this already right? They didn't have NV ecigs there but had Xhale o2. I Bought a single use one, it didn't work traded for another that worked but it was the cherry flavor and there was lots of fluid coming out with every puffs...Nasty nasty taste.
Does this happen a lot? i read that xhale is garbage and is not in distribution any more, was it faulty or this common with other e cigs?
Love the idea of vaping, I just don't want to drink it!
Thx for any help/reply in advance.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Try the NJoy. Very nice. Halo has some good gear and juice. If you like them, consider upgrading to some basic vape gear that not a cigalike, as you can get a better vape, control the vape (vv/heat), and use any juice out there (thousands and thousands). The Twist and Spinner are a bit bigger, but very nice, with longer battery life and adjustable voltage. You can also use virtually any topper with them which will improve the delivery, cause less flooding and leaking, and a better overall vape. My two cents. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
{MODERATED}

But if you want something better than that cig-a-like try this.

Sample set : fasttech.com/products/0/10004766/1368502-ego-evod-6-in-1-rechargeable-900mah-electronic
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer: fasttech.com/products/0/10004691/1363501-evod-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-atomizer-15
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) : fasttech.com/product/1387600

Get some ejuice from MT.Baker.

Above totals under 30 bucks and you will be sailing smooth.

I started out that way and its still my go to/out and about. At home I use VAMO with protank.

Good luck with your research.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Yes i believe it runs true on the cig a likes that they taste nasty or like a burning couch. I used them and relapsed right back and 95% of my coworkers did too. Go for an eGo starters kit for starters. MUCH MUCH better than those cig a likes and trust me you wont go back to them or real analogs. And you PLUMES of vapour from them. My Green Smokes cig a likes was outsmoked by my husband's eGo 1000mAh passthrough Vivi Nova system.

Also, lots of vendors make juice so heavenly. Cig a like = food from fast food chain. Certain e juices = food from gourmet classy restaurant. Thats how i felt the difference was IMO.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Welcome to the forum, scuzi! I'm not familiar with the brands you've tried but can pretty much guarantee that what you can buy at 7-11 isn't going to satisfy in the long run.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Canada forum here: Canada Forum and the InfoZone: ECF InfoZone - The is the E-cigarette Forum Information Zone, for all your ecig needs, which has a good section just for new ecig users. Once you get your 5 posts in, you'll be able to post questions on the Canada forum, as they'll probably be able to help you with what's available near you.

I'm sure others will be in to offer you advice on a good starter kit. I'd suggest stepping up right off from the cigalikes to something like an eGo. The best economy and vaping experience will be found in a setup with a good, long-lasting battery and a topper such as a clearomizer or tank that you can fill with your own e-liquid. Researching what's available is half the fun!

Good luck, and don't be afraid to keep asking questions. We love questions! :vapor: :) :vapor:

variousinfoweb

Moved On
Sep 20, 2013
dhaka bd
  • Deleted by Dusty_D

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
My PV died one day while traveling and I picked up a GreenSmoke disposable. Worked OK and lasted a day.

It varies. The NJoy's are commonly mentioned, etc. But the disposable thing is expensive. Not the best route.

Welcome to ECF. Please read up and research (like you said). There's tons of options. So many that it can be intimidating. Just remember...there's no wrong way to quit as long as it works for you. And you have options. That's a good thing. Frustrating sometimes, but a good thing overall.

So if one thing doesn't work, try another. That continual desire to give yourself "smoke inhalation" and wreck your lungs can be overcome. The products of combustion are nasty on your whole body. There's better options now. Think about it and read up.

Good Luck!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I tried an e cig the other day called the NV single use. Menthol flavored not much Vapor, didn't last very long and didn't taste very good but I still had a good experience.
Stopped at 7-11 today...you know where I'm going with this already right? They didn't have NV ecigs there but had Xhale o2. I Bought a single use one, it didn't work traded for another that worked but it was the cherry flavor and there was lots of fluid coming out with every puffs...Nasty nasty taste.
Does this happen a lot? i read that xhale is garbage and is not in distribution any more, was it faulty or this common with other e cigs?
Love the idea of Vaping, I just don't want to drink it!
Thx for any help/reply in advance.

Oh yeah, I had that same experience with a cheap little flea market e-cig. It totally sucked. My response was to find a better way and fast. I noted that while I was vaping on this wretched piece of junk e-cig I didn't feel the need to smoke, and that became the goal. I got something better as soon as I could, at the local flea market, so it wasn't to last. I ended up going through the progression of hardware below... in something like 2 months. Your mileage may vary....

Last edited:

phdillard

Sep 19, 2013
scottsbluff, ne
Most of the disposables you get a gas station are nothing compared to a rechargeable system. The components just aren't what is needed to produce a pleasurable vaping experience. Also, in my experience with the Njoys and the like, the batteries in those die long before the built-in cart is used up. Those run what, $8 a piece? For a few more dollars you can grab something like a Cig2O pack with one battery, 2 carts, and a usb charger, and get a more proper experience.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Skuzi - I see you're from Vancouver. You're going to find that a lot of the brand-specific advice in here is going to be difficult to come by. Not bad advice at all, but you are going to want to avoid importing, at least to start.

Anyway, get three more posts in and drop me a quick PM. I can point you toward a few quality vendors who will make sure you get set up with a nice, basic rig for good prices. In the meantime, read, read, read!

-Vic

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Panda is having a clearance on a LOT of stuff including their disposible cig a likes: electronic cigarette disposable, electronic cigarette disposable. I believe they were bought up by Apollo or whoever owns that so they're clearing out a bunch of stuff. Use "CLEARANCE20" and get an additional 20% off. Panda disposables were the only ones I tried and they were actually pretty good!
But...........getting into the mods and tanks, etc, is a lot cheaper and you'll probably get into that very sooooooon!:laugh:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Got a nice ego-T kit and I now want to make my own ejuice. Is there a starting rule for flavoring in a 10ml? no nicotine and 70vg/30pg.
I don't know if it's 2 or 20 drops that i should start with. Also how long do you let it sit for? depends on flavor?

It depends on the flavour concentrate. Some you can't go over 2%, some need 15%, some people like lots of flavour and add 20% of some things. The trick is to add a little bit and try it. Once you start you will get a better idea. A common mistake in the beginning is to add a lot of flavour to make it really strong. This is fine for one or two vapes, but after 5 minutes starts to get overpowering and taste like a chemical factory. If you do this you can give yourself a long lasting aversion to that flavour, so go carefully until you know how strong the flavour is.

Steeping depends on the flavour. Many tobacco flavourings mix and blend over about two to three weeks. It should taste pretty good to start with, but get better with time. Once you know how a flavour works you can make up larger batches so that one is always steeping (I make 50ml batches and always have 2 on the go). Definitely don't do this until you know you've got the flavour right though. Making something too strong, or making up a large batch of a flavour you don't like can ruin your vape experience.

You'll want to experiment with a few different flavours. Just vaping one flavour leads to fatigue and again can give you an aversion to that flavour.

skuzi

Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver
It depends on the flavour concentrate. Some you can't go over 2%, some need 15%, some people like lots of flavour and add 20% of some things. The trick is to add a little bit and try it. Once you start you will get a better idea. A common mistake in the beginning is to add a lot of flavour to make it really strong. This is fine for one or two vapes, but after 5 minutes starts to get overpowering and taste like a chemical factory. If you do this you can give yourself a long lasting aversion to that flavour, so go carefully until you know how strong the flavour is.

Steeping depends on the flavour. Many tobacco flavourings mix and blend over about two to three weeks. It should taste pretty good to start with, but get better with time. Once you know how a flavour works you can make up larger batches so that one is always steeping (I make 50ml batches and always have 2 on the go). Definitely don't do this until you know you've got the flavour right though. Making something too strong, or making up a large batch of a flavour you don't like can ruin your vape experience.

You'll want to experiment with a few different flavours. Just vaping one flavour leads to fatigue and again can give you an aversion to that flavour.

Thanks great advice, mostly about having too much flavor and never liking it again after. I enjoy menthol, cuban cigar, caramel and amaretto. Cuban has a very good taste at 30% and all the others are about 25% and still working on them. my mix is 70/30 nic free. I read that the vg/pg mix can also alter or carry the flavor differently. It's all good! so far having fun and trying different recipes. Flavors from totally wicked.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Thanks great advice, mostly about having too much flavor and never liking it again after. I enjoy menthol, cuban cigar, caramel and amaretto. Cuban has a very good taste at 30% and all the others are about 25% and still working on them. my mix is 70/30 nic free. I read that the vg/pg mix can also alter or carry the flavor differently. It's all good! so far having fun and trying different recipes. Flavors from totally wicked.

Are those ready to vape flavours that you are further diluting, or concentrates? 30% of a concentrate sounds like a lot.

No problem if you are diluting ready to vape flavours - I like about half the flavour compared to a lot of other people myself.

skuzi

Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver
Are those ready to vape flavours that you are further diluting, or concentrates? 30% of a concentrate sounds like a lot.

No problem if you are diluting ready to vape flavours - I like about half the flavour compared to a lot of other people myself.

Concentrated, I thought it seemed high also but i started at 5% or .5ml in a 10ml bottle....had no taste at all so I kept adding 5% until it had decent taste and that's where i'm at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread