Travel and Vaping I vaped on a airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel

Apr 12, 2009
Alexandria, La
I vaped at 3 Airports, on 4 different planes and a Graduation ceremony...no hassles but lot of excited "Analog Smokers that where jealous" our plane was late we where on stand by, other "Analog smokers" lost there patience, some said "I need a smoke this is bullsh**t".
They had to go back outside and had to go back through security and all the real hassles.
Me I just vaped, stayed calm and was treated with kindness, while others got heated , we where moved to the first flight out, (person at the counter told me I was moved ahead of the others because they got mad)..lmfao ..... :)
With this I must include, I did not make big deal about vaping I just did it and exhaled towards the ground and on the planes I exhaled into a airline blanket. flight attendant did ask about it and she was cool, but she did ask me to keep it on the down-low, just in case another passenger might freak out if they see the vapor and think the plane was on fire.
I can respect that being anything that might look like smoke on a airplane is not normal.:thumbs:

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
I vaped at 3 Airports, on 4 different planes and a Graduation ceremony...no hassles but lot of excited "Analog Smokers that where jealous" our plane was late we where on stand by, other "Analog smokers" lost there patience, some said "I need a smoke this is bullsh**t".
They had to go back outside and had to go back through security and all the real hassles.
Me I just vaped, stayed calm and was treated with kindness, while others got heated , we where moved to the first flight out, (person at the counter told me I was moved ahead of the others because they got mad)..lmfao ..... :)
With this I must include, I did not make big deal about vaping I just did it and exhaled towards the ground and on the planes I exhaled into a airline blanket. flight attendant did ask about it and she was cool, but she did ask me to keep it on the down-low, just in case another passenger might freak out if they see the vapor and think the plane was on fire.
I can respect that being anything that might look like smoke on a airplane is not normal.:thumbs:

sweet ride huh? i havnt heard many stories about vaping on planes that went badly.
i wonder if women or men are more likley to get told to put it away on a plane??
i dont want to sound sexist but off my head i would say that since more women are flight attendents than men that it would probably be more women getting asked to put it away. from my experience it seems that women are more likely to hate on women.

excuse the sexism pa pa pa please

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
thats a good story. People need their nicotine!

Thus, the creation of my favorite comeback when accused of smoking:
"This isn't a cigarette. It's my miniature nebulizer that distributes the drug that keeps me from climbing into the butts of people who can't seem to mind their own business."
(Delivered in a genuine Jack Nicholson voice, with a smile)

squirrel

Apr 12, 2009
Alexandria, La
Thus, the creation of my favorite comeback when accused of smoking:
"This isn't a cigarette. It's my miniature nebulizer that distributes the drug that keeps me from climbing into the butts of people who can't seem to mind their own business."
(Delivered in a genuine Jack Nicholson voice, with a smile)

Holy Sh**t ... Now that is funny..

Jack Nicholson is one of many voice I do, I will remember that and try it out on some do-gooder. or as I like to say a "Gladice Cravits" (bewitch reference).
Sq

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
According to wikipedia, "General aviation covers a huge range of activities, both commercial and non-commercial, including private flying, flight training, air ambulance, police aircraft, aerial firefighting, air charter, bush flying, gliding, and many others. Experimental aircraft, light-sport aircraft and very light jet have emerged in recent years as new trends in general aviation."

I travel a lot for leisure and business, but last time I checked, online travel agents such as Expedia didn't offer any of these. I mainly fly BA, Easyjet, BMI Baby and Continental. Ain't gonna happen!

squirrel

Apr 12, 2009
Alexandria, La
you say "With this I must include, I did not make big deal about vaping"
but then you say "no hassles but lot of excited "Analog Smokers that where jealous"then you say "flight attendant did ask about it and she was cool, but she did ask me to keep it on the down-low". if you were so discrete about it then how did anybody notice it? :confused:

Its called paraphrasing .. giving the facts, cutting the fat. But if I have to fully explain myself.... When I said "I did not make a big deal about vaping" what it meant ..I didn't stand out like a peacock, I just chilled and the really nice people around me got excited about my new toy (because I didn't act ashamed of my vapor habit... so I inhaled, then the light turned on, I exhaled the vapor down to wards the ground, they must have noticed) wait for it...here it comes... and then they said..... "what is that?..then I said this is my E-Cig, then I told them how they can be like me...then they got excited...yeaaaaaa we all rejoiced.

Now onto the flight attendant story, sit back this one is a nail biter.....
we boarded the plane, I sat in my seat next to the flight attendant..(see she sat next to me in one of those fold out seats they sit in for takeoff and landings) so any how...after getting com fee in my seat, I then placed my "DSE901" in my mouth, held it with my teeth, I must have sucked in a bit because the blue light caught her attention, she then asked, what is that in your mouth? I told her its my E-Cig, after a little show on how it works, (she thought it was swell), I asked for a blanket and explained I would blow the vapor into it, she then agreed and said "keep it on the down low from other passenger's, we dont want them to freak if they see vapor because it looks like smoke" I then stated O.K. In all I think I was discrete,

I hope this answers all for you Robin...

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
And then Sam showed up and said....I've had it with these Mother F'ing vapors on this mother f'ing plane....

Sam?
sam1.jpg

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
These are great stories, fellow smokers/vapers/fliers! Flying is such a hassle these days at its best, but all the time I have spent factoring in how to get in enough smoking before or between flights is so dumb! I don't know that I would ever vape on a plane, nor feel the need to. But when overly delayed in an airport, not I don't have to rush and find my way outside.

I have yet to test out any major no-smoking place, but I doubt I would want to do it in full view of people. We'll see.

kathy

jerbs59

May 8, 2009
Just returned from a 12 day sailing in which I used my e-cigarette. The ship was smoke free with the exception of a small corner in the pool area. I was able to use the my SmartSmoker everywhere! The entire ship was amazed and the smokers were busy ordering their own e-cigarettes at every port stop (Internet Cafes). My husband and I were able to vape in our cabin, etc... What a difference it made for the trip! The Cruise Line's attitude is proof that the e-cigarette is gaining acceptance in spite of the attempts to stifle it!

P.S. I used my e-cigarette during the 8 hour flight home w/o incident. Nobody seemed to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread