i want a 26650 tube mod , but what's a good one ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi folks as the title say's i have a wild hair for a 26650 tube but i'm undecided or should i say uneducated about the good , bad , or ugly ones.
I have a decent amount of 18650 tube mechs hybrid and 510'ed so i'm comfortable with the devises but i need suggestions for the 26650 types.
It would be a clone buy first and if i'm happy with it then i would consider the authentic but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference ,,, lol.
Anyway what do y'all suggest ?.
have a great weekend.:)

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
I would figure out features you prefer on your 18650 tube mod's, then look for that/those in larger 26650 format.

For example; I like a direct to battery connection, simple mechanical switch (minimal parts & pieces overall), and no safety/lockout). So, a SMPL (Simple) styles mech in 26650 format.

Optionally, you may want to consider the 20700 and/or 21700 format for a tube-mech as these batteries are destined to become much more popular (and available) than 26650's which should drive down price into the future.

I know ..., I did not "answer" your question. But, without more specifics related to features you are looking for, any answer would be of minimal value in my mind so, those are my "suggestions".

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Well i prefer the locking style of safety although i have recessed button mods also , a 510 self adjusting pin would be nice for my rta's .
I would buy a hybrid top tube but that would limit me to only rda's.
So i guess i want a device with a floating 510 and a lock ring , i don't care much for bling , i prefer plain and simple but Copper is nice ( don't mind doing maintainance and polishing ).
Thats about it really nothing else to cover on a tube , is there?.
OH i " need " a 26650 because i have 3 batteries just gathering dust here.

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
Solaire,

RE: your comments related to not running tanks on hybrids.
"I would buy a hybrid top tube but that would limit me to only rda's"

I am assuming by "hybrids" you are referring to direct to battery (DTB) connection?

If so, I have always wondered where this opinion originated (I understand some tanks don't have protruding 510 pins, but that's rare in this current day & age).

I have run tanks on DTB mod's for years. Common sense (in my mind at least) tells me that so long as the center-post in your atomiser extends/protrudes proud of the ground there should be no reason to consider a tank (top or bottom feed) to be any less applicable than an RDA used in conjunction with a DTB mech mod.

I run various tanks (both top & bottom feed) on my DTB mech's (single-battery, multi-battery, parrallel and/or series).

There is that one guy (store employee) at local vape shop that always cringes when he sees me drip-testing juices in his shop. I regularly ask him to explain his issue, and he separates my tank from mech & focuses on my center pin. I then ask him what's the issue with that protruding 510 and he just says "but tanks just aren't safe on hybrids" ... like it's a blanket statement. It's pretty funny, and I do it truly in attempt to learn something from an industry insider. I then go back to dripping my tank testing flavors on my mech/tank combi (bottom feed with short wicks that require tilting to wet wicks, wicks not absorbing juice from reservoir while dripping).

Moral ... be safe, understand your equipment, do what makes informed sense to you & vape on. Learn from others at all opportunity, but do not just accept others at their word.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Solaire,

RE: your comments related to not running tanks on hybrids.
"I would buy a hybrid top tube but that would limit me to only rda's"

I am assuming by "hybrids" you are referring to direct to battery (DTB) connection?

If so, I have always wondered where this opinion originated (I understand some tanks don't have protruding 510 pins, but that's rare in this current day & age).

I have run tanks on DTB mod's for years. Common sense (in my mind at least) tells me that so long as the center-post in your atomiser extends/protrudes proud of the ground there should be no reason to consider a tank (top or bottom feed) to be any less applicable than an RDA used in conjunction with a DTB mech mod.

I run various tanks (both top & bottom feed) on my DTB mech's (single-battery, multi-battery, parrallel and/or series).

There is that one guy (store employee) at local vape shop that always cringes when he sees me drip-testing juices in his shop. I regularly ask him to explain his issue, and he separates my tank from mech & focuses on my center pin. I then ask him what's the issue with that protruding 510 and he just says "but tanks just aren't safe on hybrids" ... like it's a blanket statement. It's pretty funny, and I do it truly in attempt to learn something from an industry insider. I then go back to dripping my tank testing flavors on my mech/tank combi (bottom feed with short wicks that require tilting to wet wicks, wicks not absorbing juice from reservoir while dripping).

Moral ... be safe, understand your equipment, do what makes informed sense to you & vape on. Learn from others at all opportunity, but do not just accept others at their word.
when i say restricts me to RDA's i guess i mispoke because your right , you can run tanks on a DTB top but when i look at my tanks ( KF5, Aqua's, & Taifun GT-2 ) they're a tad too short for me to be comfortable using although my Ammit will work fine , it lives on my Limitless copper tube has for a while now.
thanks for your insight i appreciate it.

bsidb ,,,,
the Seeker looks pretty darn good and if it's ehpro's design then it's not really a clone is it ?.
How do you like it ?.

Reactions: anavidfan

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
bsidb,

That Seeker lockout ring looks interesting. Wondering how positive/well (stays in place, but easy to switch) it functions?

I historically have stayed away from lockout rings, as most I've used seem to require multiple revolutions and can be sloppy/loose.

Always went with recessed buttons (that can many times just be unscrewed a turn or so to may them non-functional/safety).

Would be interested to hear any kudos or critism with the switch & lockout ring functionality from those with use time on this mod?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I don't know much about Mec Mods, I was surfing the "Clearence Section" of my favourite Canadian Web site. They seem to have a great selection of 26650 Mec Mods on sale for 10$ each :)
They are a Canadian site so shipping to the US mite be expensive :(
Here's link if you want to check it out :)
Clearance *** New Items added Daily ***

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
I don't know much about Mec Mods, I was surfing the "Clearence Section" of my favourite Canadian Web site. They seem to have a great selection of 26650 Mec Mods on sale for 10$ each :)
They are a Canadian site so shipping to the US mite be expensive :(
Here's link if you want to check it out :)
Clearance *** New Items added Daily ***

Thanks for the link Steamer, i checked them out and it's $25 shipping to my door ,
i can get 2 mods shipped to me for a tad under $45 , thats not too bad considering i'll be vaping on them in a week to 10 days where as it would take up to a month or more from china.
the extra shipping costs are worth it to me for quicker delivery.
i'm gonna go look again.

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the link Steamer, i checked them out and it's $25 shipping to my door ,
i can get 2 mods shipped to me for a tad under $45 , thats not too bad considering i'll be vaping on them in a week to 10 days where as it would take up to a month or more from china.
the extra shipping costs are worth it to me for quicker delivery.
i'm gonna go look again.

N/P :) They have at least 5 or 6 different ones I saw, + the Prices are Canadian Money! 25% less than US dollar :)
All thou I have read the shipping is in US dollars.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
My first 26650 Mod was a Pressa 100W job but alas they have been discontinued. Now along came a Geekvape Aegis Aegis This baby certainly fullfilled my needs as the number of mods I have broken dropping them would fill a sea mans chest. This doozie is brilliant and I was one of the fortunate ones to get one from a supplier friend as a sample highly recommend.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
My first 26650 Mod was a Pressa 100W job but alas they have been discontinued. Now along came a Geekvape Aegis Aegis This baby certainly fullfilled my needs as the number of mods I have broken dropping them would fill a sea mans chest. This doozie is brilliant and I was one of the fortunate ones to get one from a supplier friend as a sample highly recommend.

That's a regulated mod, OP is looking for a Mech.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solaire

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
I can't recommend this one enough. Love it so much I got two.

AUTHENTIC 2six 26650 mod by Tarsius Customs

ya know i have been looking at that for about a month now but i use a few RTA's on my 18650 and they all have 510 top caps ( stingray x, calmodz villain, ghost modder, turtleship,) and with this being a " hybrid " top i feel i i'll be restricted to using only my drippers , which at work won't work.
I would buy the Chi,,,,, Megan at the top of that page but the wifey would castrate me WHEN she found out.
Still looking at it though , the 2six that is...

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
ya know i have been looking at that for about a month now but i use a few RTA's on my 18650 and they all have 510 top caps ( stingray x, calmodz villain, ghost modder, turtleship,) and with this being a " hybrid " top i feel i i'll be restricted to using only my drippers , which at work won't work.
I would buy the Chi,,,,, Megan at the top of that page but the wifey would castrate me WHEN she found out.
Still looking at it though , the 2six that is...
Another awesome 26650 Tube is the Arthas, love that tube. If you can find it snap it up.

d4010d9fe8d722f639f5fecba879e611.jpg

Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread