i want a better pv. help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
i bought a few joye 510's and i have been using them now for a few weeks and they are pretty good but i want something better. i would like a little better battery life and bigger cart size. can anyone make some suggestions on a better pv? are the 901 or 801's any good? how do they compare to the 510? thanks for any help.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I grew frustrated with the 510 and the poor battery life so I went with the Janty Stick (JS). The batteries cost $3.20 and last about 4-5 hours depending on how you vape. The JS uses 801 atomizers and the carts appear to be twice the size of the 510. Also the JS was built to enable you to "drip" if so inclined. When I am craving something strong I can drip 3-4 drops which gives me about 15 great puffs. The JS also has a usb charge system which enables you to vape while charging and a great leather holder to carry the Stick with a spare batt and cart.

When I want a warmer type vapor, or to switch flavors, I use the new impoved 510 batteries that came out recently. These batts are a little longer but are more consistent and last for about 2-3 hours (depending on how you vape).

Hope this helps, happy buying!:)

Edit: the JS will be coming out with an adaptor for the 510 atomizer at the end of October.

Mongrul

Sep 27, 2009
JenJen, I see your a super member...I'm a noob! I'm glad to see your enthusiasm for V4L, cause I have the super duper kit coming with flavors! I can't wait. I haven't checked your link yet, but what flavors do you recommend? I found out about e-cigs in a tobacco shop in CA last week! I bought PureSmoke, and the flavor sucks!! But, the concept is blowing my mind. I smoked it for the first time in the bathroom on the plane going home to Phoenix!! It was weird, awesome, sucky, cool as hell, taste like crap, but overall, very intriguing!! I think if I find the right combo of taste, hit, Nic, etc, It will finally, after 35 years, and every known alternative, get me off smokes!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Better battery life is easily accomplished by buying one of the new generation of battery packs called 'mods'. Bigger cartridge is not going to happen, though. The biggest available is the 801/penstyle device. Those still would need to be topped off periodically during the day. You would need to decide what features are most important to you before you can make a move to a new device.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
JenJen, I see your a super member...I'm a noob! I'm glad to see your enthusiasm for V4L, cause I have the super duper kit coming with flavors! I can't wait. I haven't checked your link yet, but what flavors do you recommend? I found out about e-cigs in a tobacco shop in CA last week! I bought PureSmoke, and the flavor sucks!! But, the concept is blowing my mind. I smoked it for the first time in the bathroom on the plane going home to Phoenix!! It was weird, awesome, sucky, cool as hell, taste like crap, but overall, very intriguing!! I think if I find the right combo of taste, hit, Nic, etc, It will finally, after 35 years, and every known alternative, get me off smokes!

You will love the VaporKing! I can't believe how satisfying it is, and easy to use too! My favorite flavors are Coffee, Cappuccino, Raspberry, and Vanilla. The French Pipe is my favorite tobacco flavor - smooth and rich. Very nice! Come visit on the forum here! We will all want to hear what you think of it! Did you get the manual or the auto batteries?

YukonBob

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Tampa, Florida, United States
I have the 510 and the Janty Stick and I hardly use the 510. The Janty Stick just has kick ... battery life and the 801 carts last a lot longer. I vape on my way to work using an extra Motorola cell phone charger plugged into the JS and then it lasts me the whole 8 hour shift ( I have a couple spare batteries with me at all times though). I also use my AA box mod with the 510 atty quite a bit thoughfor those times I need a bit more warmth and throat hit which is the only thing I can say the JS lacks. The draw is a little lighter and the vapor is cooler than the 510 but I'm very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Wow
Yup, I'm tired. Yup - I haven't checked the forum in a couple of days.
Yup - there's another member who needs information that's available in numerous threads all over this place.
Yup - it's easier to ask a question and expect people to answer.
Yup - most of those answering are going to be people 'newer' to the forum.
Yup - some of us who have spent hours answering these questions.... over and over and over again are kinda getting a bit tired of hand-holding.... it's not like the info isn't available for those willing to look for it.
Yup - this is a bit 'harsh' - and some might say I have an 'attitude'
Yup - I spent hours and hours and hours
READING up on what I wanted to know. Researching, checking threads for info on battery mods and just about everything else related to vaping I could find that could answer my questions or at least give some perspective.
Yup - lots of really 'interesting' posts lately - 'experts' sharing vast knowledge after a day, a week, two or maybe even a month....

Yup - I'll continue to giggle at some of the responses and claims given as responses.
Yup - I'm not referring to those who do take the time and have valuable information/experience to share.

All the best - and hey....
Happy Vaping!

30 years of smoking....
Vaporized by my ScrewDriver!

Last edited:

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
...that are pretty much a turn-off to new people asking questions, because yup, they want to hear some fresh and relevant info, because yup, a thread with answers months old isn't really a good reflection on current opinion.

Yup...you should have probably skipped this one because yup, you had absolutely nothing of value to add whatsoever.

See? It is trivial to be a condescending .... Anyone can do it. Note that the title of this PARTICULAR forum is "New Member Forum".

I'm just...sayin'

-K

Kavey

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Wow
Yup, I'm tired. Yup - I haven't checked the forum in a couple of days.
Yup - there's another member who needs information that's available in numerous threads all over this place.
Yup - it's easier to ask a question and expect people to answer.
Yup - most of those answering are going to be people 'newer' to the forum.
Yup - some of us who have spent hours answering these questions.... over and over and over again are kinda getting a bit tired of hand-holding.... it's not like the info isn't available for those willing to look for it.
Yup - this is a bit 'harsh' - and some might say I have an 'attitude'
Yup - I spent hours and hours and hours
READING up on what I wanted to know. Researching, checking threads for info on battery mods and just about everything else related to vaping I could find that could answer my questions or at least give some perspective.
Yup - lots of really 'interesting' posts lately - 'experts' sharing vast knowledge after a day, a week, two or maybe even a month....

Yup - I'll continue to giggle at some of the responses and claims given as responses.
Yup - I'm not referring to those who do take the time and have valuable information/experience to share.

All the best - and hey....
Happy Vaping!

30 years of smoking....
Vaporized by my ScrewDriver!

What suporvapor means here is...
If youre new use the search engine. If you cant find it then this forum isnt for you.
Dont respond unless youve got at least 300 posts.. how you get those first 300 posts is up to you to figure out because you shouldnt ask questions and you shouldnt make replys before then.
Dont be new. Thats a bad thing.
And last and not least this forum is only for experienced users.. not newbies.

Why on earth would ANYONE open the new member forum and expect for new members to not ask questions that at some point have already been answered in one of the other 40k posts?
Nobody told you that you have to come in here and help newbies and nobody told us newbies we werent allowed to help.
And just because you have nothing better to do than read each of the 40k posts on this forum does not mean that everyone who has an interest in vaping will have that kind of time. Alot of us have jobs and familys.
I thought this forum was different but it turns out we got the obnoxious know it all internet bully jackasses here too.

Last edited:

Flip7990

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Minnesota, USA
what can anyone say about super t-1 or janty stick?

The super t-1 is a work of art. With a 801 adapter and adjustable air flow, you should be able to make the throat hit whatever you want it to be. Hand machined and 6 volt capable is hard to beat. I have been looking long and hard at buying one of these.

I do have 3 Janty Sticks. The ONLY advantage of the Janty Stick is the battery price. Otherwise it is basically a simple piece of plastic. I have the Dura-C and the Kissbox Classic also from Janty. The Janty Stick is my last resort. I can pull the atomizer out of the Stick and attach it to the KBC and for some reason I get much better vapor and throat hit.

My vote would be to get a 6v Super T-1 with the 801 adjustable airflow. While you're at it, buy me one and I'll send you all three of my Janty Sticks.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
Well I love my 510. It's perfect to use at work all day. I don't mind changing the batteries every hour or so or having to top off quite a bit. Gives me something to play with and makes the days and nights go by faster. If your looking for something better maybe look into a Prodigy or one of the other mods. I bought a Prodigy to use mainly at home because I don't like having to mess with batteries and carts while I'm relaxing.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I grew frustrated with the 510 and the poor battery life so I went with the Janty Stick (JS). The batteries cost $3.20 and last about 4-5 hours depending on how you vape. The JS uses 801 atomizers and the carts appear to be twice the size of the 510. Also the JS was built to enable you to "drip" if so inclined. When I am craving something strong I can drip 3-4 drops which gives me about 15 great puffs. The JS also has a usb charge system which enables you to vape while charging and a great leather holder to carry the Stick with a spare batt and cart.

When I want a warmer type vapor, or to switch flavors, I use the new impoved 510 batteries that came out recently. These batts are a little longer but are more consistent and last for about 2-3 hours (depending on how you vape).

Hope this helps, happy buying!:)

Edit: the JS will be coming out with an adaptor for the 510 atomizer at the end of October.

I have never seen or heard of a new improved battery for the 510. Where can I find some of those. The only downside of my 510 is the short battery life.

I have never seen or heard of a new improved battery for the 510. Where can I find some of those. The only downside of my 510 is the short battery life.

Hi, I know of a website that carries the 510 mega batteries. It's at Totally Wicked. I can't post of link yet so cut and paste this: totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-cig-accessories-510-titan/titan-mega-power-manual-batteries-2-2-product dot html

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Paula

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Why on earth would ANYONE open the new member forum and expect for new members to not ask questions that at some point have already been answered in one of the other 40k posts?
Nobody told you that you have to come in here and help newbies and nobody told us newbies we werent allowed to help.

Well said Kavey! In a way I know what he means - at any given time there are 5-10 messages on the 1st page alone asking what kind of e-cig they should get, so read already! lol

But we all need to remember that this is the NEW MEMBER section so that is to be expected. And if that bothers you then yeah, you might want to avoid this particular forum.

Kavey, check your PMs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread