I want a pod but am confused on nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Me and my girlfriend want pods for when we go out but we're not sure what nicotine level to start off. I usually make my own juice but was going to buy a few bottles as we won't use it as often.

I am looking at the surion air and she is looking at the smok nova. We both use 4.5 mg juice now in pharaoh mini rta. I go through about 8 tanks a day and she goes through about 4.

So I'm wondering where would be a good starting point for devices?

Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Are you using the 2ml or 5ml tank on the Pharaoh Mini? Depending on what you are using, 8 tanks is 16 ml or 40 ml per day. And that's 72mg or 180mg of nicotine per day. Not all of that enters the bloodstream, of course.

If you try to vape 40 ml per day with pods, you are going to use up pods like crazy.

For reference, vaping 2ml of 25 mg/ml nic salt in one day would be 50 mg. That is less nicotine than what you are consuming now... around 72mg (in 16 ml of 4.5 mg/ml) or 180mg (in 40 ml of 4.5 mg/ml)

Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
It depends on how you vape and how much you want to spend.

If you hit them constantly, pods will burn out quick. Pods work best for smoke breaks, not continuous vaping. Although I like the Suorin Air, it is especially prone to dry hits and won't handle chain vaping. I don't think it's a good match for you. I don't have a Smok Nova. I have a Smok Infinix and have never gotten a dry hit from it but I don't vape constantly and give it time to recover if I notice that it's getting warm.

If you are hitting it frequently, 50 mg/ml will be way too much. If you vape a few minutes every hour or so, then maybe start with 50 mg/ml. I find 25 mg/ml nic salt is good for me but you may be different. If you want to vape more frequently then I'd suggest starting at 12 mg/ml. It's going to take some trial and error.

The Breeze 1 with a 0.6 ohm coil might be a better match for you. It's an AIO, not a pod.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I use 3mg in my squonkers. Currently on vacation and took a minifit with me instead of my full sized gear.

Minifit, I'm running 30mg salts and it's pretty strong compared to my regular setups. Works great for just taking a few puffs and putting it away for a while though.

When I first started the minifit with 30mg, I got a pretty good nic buzz. Trick is not to chain vape it like I do my squonkers .

I'm interested to see if I can easily go back to 3mg tomorrow morning or if I'll need to mix some 4.5 or 6mg to get back down to 3mg.

If you are just using it as an on the go or quick stealth vape, you may be fine in the 30mg range. If I vaped this all day, every day, I would be consuming more nic than with my full size setups using 3mg juice. That's just me though.

Maybe get something in the 35 or 45mg range and give them a shot. I'm just used to chain vaping my full size setups, this is more to provide a dose of nicotine when I need it. A few quick puffs and I'm good to go. More than 3 puffs is overkill for me at 30mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread