I want a Provari that acts like a Hooka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 've been vaping for one month and I am a woman who will forever put a round peg into a square hole. I'm lucky I figured out how to have a child. After deciding to quit analog, here's what I bought:

NOOB SUPPLIES.jpg

Then I found this board. I recently ordered about 20 different e-juices from Mister-e-liquid <waves to Dan>. It's great stuff.

But I'm sitting at a desk all day. I'm constantly changing or charging batteries, popping off the plastic end caps with a tack, and slowly refilling Dan's precious nectar. I finally get to vape a bit and it's time to do the whole thing over again. And btw, I'm vaping maybe 5 times a minute <was a heavy smoker>.

So, Okay, a Provari. I want a purple one because I like purple. I want to plug it in the wall. I want a big battery and at least one on standby in case I'm going out or the power fails <might get a mini for excursions, don't know yet>. I want to fill a part of it with juice and not think about it for an hour. Then I want to fill it with a different flavor and then switch to another flavor if I get bored. I don't want anything to melt or blow up. And I'd really like it if the whole thing materialized in front of me so I don't have to figure out how to screw with parts.

But Provari, Provari. Thy staff is voiceless <no telephones>. Thy emails are slow as is thy product <so I've heard>. Say it isn't so!

Can someone tell me...
Do I understand correctly that an E-cig that runs directly off of electricity exists only in the future?
Should I buy a 18350 Provari battery or a 18940? Do I need to get a special end cap for either?
Will their cartomizers be better to use than the copious ones I've herein displayed?
A "tank" holds more juice and lasts longer? The ratings on the Provari tanks are pretty bad. Is there a big, simple kind that is safe and do I need to order anything extra for it to work with a Provari?
O-rings, maintenance kits, accessories... do I need them? Can't the thing just work??

A thousand thanks for any answers or directing me specifically to where said answers may be found. Apologies for the length and not lurking longer. Message boards. I normally play on them not. Like smoking, soon to change.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the provari has a passthrough cable, there are other passthroughs from other vendors and these plug into the wall.

But Provari, Provari. Thy staff is voiceless <no telephones>. Thy emails are slow as is thy product <so I've heard>. Say it isn't so!

not sure where this came from the customer service from provape is second to none and even on xmas they answered my emails within hours. in some cases they ship same day. and always always stand behind their product.

sounds like you would be well to use some clearomizers, little tanks that hold about 2ml liquid and can be changed while filled to a different one on the fly.

i cant speak for the provari cartos and such as they are reg standard carts.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
The Provari itself, direct from Provape, takes a 18490 battery. If you want to use the 18650 battery, you need an extension cap, also sold by Provape.
The tanks, I don't think they manufacture those. The Provari itself just works. Stick the battery in, don't cross thread the end cap, set your voltage, stick on your atomizer and go. It's not as complicated as you think.
The 18490 battery lasts me slightly longer than when I wake up in the morning to when I go to sleep. The 18650 battery lasts me two days, from morning to night. Moderate usage for both. I prefer my 18650 batteries, as they last longer, so I don't have to think as much.

I've heard nothing but positive comments about Provape's customer service.

A USB passthrough could be thought of as running on only electricity. My Volcano Inferno batteries have USB ports, so I can just plug them into the supplied wall charger and not worry about the battery running down. As long as there's electricity running through the unit, it should work indefinitely. Of course, if the power goes out, it has a battery, so I can vape it until the power goes back on.

The atomizer itself, which is what vaporizes the liquid, doesn't last forever. You'll need to replace those.

Those look like cigalikes, meaning batteries that look like cigarettes. They usually don't last very long, in terms of battery life.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
To get a ProVari up and running...
1) A ProVari
2) Battieries... At least 2... Preferably 3 or 4.
3) Battery charger.

There is a pass through available for the ProVari but its expensive and any of the batteries that fit a ProVari (even the 18350) will last MUCH longer than what you are used to.

The carto stash you have... Use it!

Depending on their connection type, you may need to get an adapted. The ProVari uses a native "510" connection. MadVapes sells them cheap.

As for their customer service... Everything Thrasher said. They really are top notch.

As for "just working"... For a regulated mod, ProVari is as good as it gets IMO.
That said, you'll still need to educate yourself and lean how to use it.

Hope this helps.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
To get a ProVari up and running...
1) A ProVari
2) Battieries... At least 2... Preferably 3 or 4.
3) Battery charger.

There is a pass through available for the ProVari but its expensive and any of the batteries that fit a ProVari (even the 18350) will last MUCH longer than what you are used to.

The carto stash you have... Use it!

Depending on their connection type, you may need to get an adapted. The ProVari uses a native "510" connection. MadVapes sells them cheap.

As for their customer service... Everything Thrasher said. They really are top notch.

As for "just working"... For a regulated mod, ProVari is as good as it gets IMO.
That said, you'll still need to educate yourself and lean how to use it.

Hope this helps.

You also must press the button to activate.

I'm new at this too. I have been very pleased with my provari mini. Sounds like you might be better off with the full size, as I think you will want the longer battery life. I have already started exploring clearomizers and tanks, as I too quickly tired of the constant refilling of cartomizers.

Since you do seem to have quite a stash of cartos to burn through (hope you will learn more quickly than I to not literally burn them up so quickly with a high powered rig like the provari) you might consider "staging" a day's (or several) worth of filled cartos. I fill several, pop the shipping caps (condoms) back on, then when one grows weak, I screw in a new one, toss the caps on the old one and wait untill I have several to refill at once. It's less drudgery to sit down and knock out a half dozen or more carto refills, than it is interrupt you life and do one every couple of hours.

As mentioned by others, a device to run off of AC or DC power is referred to as a passthru. It goes in place of your battery and plugs into either a wall outlet or you can get one that plugs into a USB port. The USB type could also be plugged into a wall outlet USB adapter. Cheaper than buying two passthrus. I guess you could survive a power outage, by vaping off your laptop if your batteries were all dead.

Good luck.

marchingon,

i started vaping three weeks ago using the Ego c. I quickly became tired of filling the small tanks all the time and the small atomizers that cost five dollars a piece. I watched a video on YouTube by PBusardo where he did a review of the Provari. All of his reviews are excellent because he starts by taking the item out of the box and then covers every aspect of the device. He also has another video titled "Beginners Guide to Ecigs and Ecig Technology". In this video he covers several topics including variable voltage and variable wattage. These two videos made me feel comfortable that I could successfully use the Provari.

I ordered the Provari two days ago and got it in the mail today. I filled a carto, stuck it on and then spent fifteen minutes going through the online manual with the Provari in hand. I feel completely comfortable using it. I am now waiting for several glass carto tanks that I ordered yesterday from IBTanked and I will be set to not have to fill small plastic tanks or cartos several times a day.

I think you will be happy with the ease of use with the Provari.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I 've been vaping for one month and I am a woman who will forever put a round peg into a square hole. I'm lucky I figured out how to have a child. After deciding to quit analog, here's what I bought:

View attachment 185926

Then I found this board. I recently ordered about 20 different e-juices from Mister-E-Liquid <waves to Dan>. It's great stuff.

But I'm sitting at a desk all day. I'm constantly changing or charging batteries, popping off the plastic end caps with a tack, and slowly refilling Dan's precious nectar. I finally get to vape a bit and it's time to do the whole thing over again. And btw, I'm vaping maybe 5 times a minute <was a heavy smoker>.

So, Okay, a Provari. I want a purple one because I like purple. I want to plug it in the wall. I want a big battery and at least one on standby in case I'm going out or the power fails <might get a mini for excursions, don't know yet>. I want to fill a part of it with juice and not think about it for an hour. Then I want to fill it with a different flavor and then switch to another flavor if I get bored. I don't want anything to melt or blow up. And I'd really like it if the whole thing materialized in front of me so I don't have to figure out how to screw with parts.

Can someone tell me...
Do I understand correctly that an E-cig that runs directly off of electricity exists only in the future?
Should I buy a 18350 Provari battery or a 18940? Do I need to get a special end cap for either?
Will their cartomizers be better to use than the copious ones I've herein displayed?
A "tank" holds more juice and lasts longer? The ratings on the Provari tanks are pretty bad. Is there a big, simple kind that is safe and do I need to order anything extra for it to work with a Provari?
O-rings, maintenance kits, accessories... do I need them? Can't the thing just work??

A thousand thanks for any answers or directing me specifically to where said answers may be found. Apologies for the length and not lurking longer. Message boards. I normally play on them not. Like smoking, soon to change.

If you want a stationary vaping setup, just get a true passthrough (yes, runs straight on electricity) and a huge tank. The entire thing should cost you $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread