I want salt in my popcorn liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Afaik people have tried with medical saline solution (in water) but mainly to enhance flavors, not to get a salty taste.
Don't use table salt though, it might contain additives like anti caking agent that you don't want in your liquid.
Salt also doesn't dissolve well in PG or VG (given enough time it will though).

There may be some drawbacks to think of when you use salt in your liquid. It could corrode the coils.
It may also change the conductivity of your liquid to the point you're doing electrolysis in your tank (i.e. metal particles traversing the liquid) if your salt concentration is too high, which it will likely be if you want a salty taste.

Would suggest the advice of dc99 and use some already salty flavorings.
Edit:
e.g. this caramel salted butter should go well with popcorn
Concentré Supervape Caramel Beurre Salé, arôme pour e-liquide au caramel - le petit vapoteur
there should be something similar in the US

Last edited:

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Those
I wouldnt add salt. Maybe use FW salted caramel and turn it into salted caramel popcorn. Some people use saline as an enhancer. Its basically salt water. FA vanilla tahity is good, FA maple syrup is good but its just that (a syrupy flavor). If you just want the maple flavor then TFA mayple
That sounds like a great idea! I'll just have to try both maples

Reactions: stols001

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Afaik people have tried with medical saline solution (in water) but mainly to enhance flavors, not to get a salty taste.
Don't use table salt though, it might contain additives like anti caking agent that you don't want in your liquid.

There may be some drawbacks to think of when you use salt in your liquid. It could corrode the coils.
It may also change the conductivity of your liquid to the point you're doing electrolysis in your tank (i.e. metal particles traversing the liquid) if your salt concentration is too high, which it will likely be if you want a salty taste.

Edit:
Concentré Supervape Caramel Beurre Salé, arôme pour e-liquide au caramel - le petit vapoteur
It would turn it into an electrolyte wouldn't it. Thanks for the link!

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Ha
I wouldnt add salt. Maybe use FW salted caramel and turn it into salted caramel popcorn. Some people use saline as an enhancer. Its basically salt water. FA vanilla tahity is good, FA maple syrup is good but its just that (a syrupy flavor). If you just want the maple flavor then TFA mayple[/QUO
It would turn it into an electrolyte wouldn't it. Thanks for the link!
Have you ever tried that salted caramel? Just wondered if you noticed a salt note

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR

Edit:
Have you ever tried the one you linked? It sounds good!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Have you ever tried the one you linked?
I have and it's pretty good, it really comes near the candy it's supposed to taste like (french regional speciality).
You should search for a product in the US though as shipping between EU and US really isn't all that cheap, it would easily be more than the product by a factor of 3-4 (so you'd probably look at about 20$ total for that 10ml bottle of flavor). There should be something similar in the US.

• Useful

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
I have and it's pretty good, it really comes near the candy it's supposed to taste like (french regional speciality).
You should search for a product in the US though as shipping between EU and US really isn't all that cheap, it would easily be more than the product by a factor of 3-4 (so you'd probably look at about 20$ total for that 10ml bottle of flavor). There should be something similar in the US.
I haven't found one from the USA yet but I'll keep looking cause that everything I want on my popcorn!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Let me know how it goes. And what does mm taste like?
I don't know what mm tastes like, not a fan of the real thing. Use FA mm at .5-1% for added mouth feel, can't really taste it. Bought the toasted mm for an enhancer for nut/bakery mixes.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I recently got in the toasted mm, haven't given it go yet. Think I'll mix up a single today. Would be thrilled to taste a salty note.

I hope it works for you. I may be the only person in the world who picks up butter and a hint of salt from the Toasted MM. When I accidentally eat cilantro, I taste soap. o_O

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I hope it works for you. I may be the only person in the world who picks up butter and a hint of salt from the Toasted MM. When I accidentally eat cilantro, I taste soap. o_O
Can't say I've ever tasted soap in my salsa.:lol: Thinking about ordering basil flavoring, for some reason it intrigues me how it might be pulled off.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Can't say I've ever tasted soap in my salsa.:lol: Thinking about ordering basil flavoring, for some reason it intrigues me how it might be pulled off.

Well, if you can find garlic, Parmesan, pine nut, and olive oil flavors, you can make Pesto Juice. :eek: LOL!!!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread