I Want Sensible Quality, Not Bells & Whistles

Status
Not open for further replies.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
I want a box mod that doesn't break when I drop it. I don't need a hundred trillion bells and whistles with a ton of wattage. I want a mod that won't break in a year.

I vape at about 40 watts. Sometimes as high as 70 for certain atomizers or if I'm using a coil that should have been swapped out two weeks ago.

I don't use temperature control. I don't know anything about it but I do know that I don't care about it one bit.

I do like when you have control over the wattage where It ramps up to 60 watts for the first two seconds and then after that, it shoots down to 40 watts or whatever.

I just need fairly inexpensive box mod. If it's on sale I am willing to spend a bit more.

OK I ain't going above 70 bucks unless it's a super deal that usually costs 150 or something.

Anyways, please advise.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Double Barrel if you want a regulated with screen. Very basic, easy to use, solid.

Invader III is you're looking for truly bare bones regulated.

Moon Box if you want bare bones, light, and inexpensive.

And, yeah, the Aegis Legend is solid (but it DOES have bells and whistles... not that you have to use them).

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I want a box mod that doesn't break when I drop it. I don't need a hundred trillion bells and whistles with a ton of wattage. I want a mod that won't break in a year.

I vape at about 40 watts. Sometimes as high as 70 for certain atomizers or if I'm using a coil that should have been swapped out two weeks ago.

I don't use temperature control. I don't know anything about it but I do know that I don't care about it one bit.

I do like when you have control over the wattage where It ramps up to 60 watts for the first two seconds and then after that, it shoots down to 40 watts or whatever.

I just need fairly inexpensive box mod. If it's on sale I am willing to spend a bit more.

OK I ain't going above 70 bucks unless it's a super deal that usually costs 150 or something.

Anyways, please advise.
The Legend is durable and solid. I have a couple of them

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
I had that issue. I have been vaping for ten years. It seems like every year I have to buy a new mod. Even after I tried to go for quality. I spent 250 dollars on a mod about a year ago and it started to fade and eventually, the screen went out.

My best advice is to stay away from Chinese products. I recently bought a Rebel. It's Nylon 3D printed. It won't fade. The only concern now is that the chip does not go out. So another option would be a mech mod. They are simple and usually made out of metal. They don't have a chip or anything. You do have to know how to build on them and know Ohm's and Watt's law.

If that is not your thing, then go for a mod that is not Chinese. As stated, I like the Rebel so far. I also have a Reo Grand Mini. It's a mechanical sqounker. I had it for about 8 years. It still works fine.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Noisy Cricket 2-25
Dual battery, variable voltage, milled from a block of steel, simple, sturdy and cheap.
No screen, no nonsense.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019842/5508800-authentic-wismec-noisy-cricket-ii-25-vv-box-mod

7ug9s70.jpg

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Reactions: introvert

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
My friend had a Noisy Crickey. The fire button got all messed up and you had to hold it a certain way. It also was sparking. I told my friend not to use that and he just laughed and kept on using it. It was the V1.
The NC1 is a deathtrap in the hands of the inexperienced or complacent. The NC2 is a different beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread