I want something like a key finder for my e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas
...Is there something I can attach to it that will beep if I press a button? Sort of like a key finder that they used to sell at Shaper Image?...

tee-hee, not that I'm aware of, but that's funny! I'm never more than 6-12 inches away from my PV, but that's just me! ;) I put it in a specific pocket when I leave the house. While at home, I only vape while sitting at my desk because it's usually hooked up to my passthrough. Hard to loose something that's attached to your computer! :oops:

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
I have a case for my 501 but now that I have Prodigy, there is no case for it. I keep leaving it everywhere and I take it with me and put in my purse. At least with analogs, if you lose a pack, who cares, just buy a new one. With Prodigy, I am especially anxious. Don't wanna lose this treasure. And yes, at times I am attached to it, especially on the computer but not during the day when I am seeing patients and running around with my kids.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I have a case for my 501 but now that I have Prodigy, there is no case for it. I keep leaving it everywhere and I take it with me and put in my purse. At least with analogs, if you lose a pack, who cares, just buy a new one. With Prodigy, I am especially anxious. Don't wanna lose this treasure. And yes, at times I am attached to it, especially on the computer but not during the day when I am seeing patients and running around with my kids.

Well I don't know if you could attach a small ring onto your Prodigy to hook onto a key finder, but Lillian Vernon has one for around 6 bucks--a keyfinder that flashes lights and sounds high pitched beeps if you clap your hands or yell. I've been known to yell OK WHO TOOK MY E-CIG, realizing all the while I left it in my glass studio, bathroom, laundry room, office, car, etc. Seems these would be the answer to the problem. They are also one of those "as seen on TV" products, the sonic keyfinder. If you can figure out how to attach one...

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Well I don't know if you could attach a small ring onto your Prodigy to hook onto a key finder, but Lillian Vernon has one for around 6 bucks--a keyfinder that flashes lights and sounds high pitched beeps if you clap your hands or yell. I've been known to yell OK WHO TOOK MY E-CIG, realizing all the while I left it in my glass studio, bathroom, laundry room, office, car, etc. Seems these would be the answer to the problem. They are also one of those "as seen on TV" products, the sonic keyfinder. If you can figure out how to attach one...
I think with the proper sized surgical tubing you could slip it into to attach it. I've been trying to figure how to make a neckchain that isn't too feminine to keep track of mine

madman3237

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Laurel, DE USA
Checked the reviews @Lillian Vernon for their version and @Amazon for the "as seen on TV version". Both units seem to go off to random noises, not just to a whistle or yell.
Did find the Keyringer #1 Lost Key Finder & Remote Control Locator
Seems ideal for someone with a Prodigy or SD (too big for standard sized units) but very expensive - $35 w/shipping! Also found 2 units @Amazon that have 4 receivers: Amazon.com: Easy 2 Find Item Locator. Wireless RF Key Finder Locator, Remote Control, Pet, Wallet, Keyfinder. (Free Extra Batteries).: Electronics
and Amazon.com: EZ-FIND! 25 Item Wireless Electronic Locator: Electronics
Going to "explore similar items" later. Already lost a 901 in my pigsty of a work truck (if not on side of road).

Found the The FOFA®XD Glasses Finder! Wireless 2-Way Find One Find All Key Finder, Wallet Finder - Keyfinders with Feedback Lanyard should attach to any PV...:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread