I want the absolute best rebuildable atty/tank thingy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
OK I have an idea what that would be. Z-Atty pro, right? I have that one in my wish list. In the meantime, I'm looking for something as close to that as possible, but I have a hard time trusting text reviews on vendor's websites. Plus, there are quite a few rebuildables out there it seems, and it would take me more time than I have to go in-depth on all of them, as I like to do, to figure out which one is best based on my criteria.

This is where I call upon you, ECF, my personal army all-knowing veterans of vapor, to tell me, in as many words as you deem necessary-or feel like typing- which rebuildable YOU would invest in, and stand behind, based on the following features I am specifically looking for:

-Kenthal wire

-Stainless Steel mesh wick

-As little plastic as possible, preferably none. Glass and aluminum or stainless steel would be ideal.

-tank (although I like dripping, there are many times it is not practical)

-Can be used as seamlessly as possible on a Provari V2 that I will be getting next week :)

I thank you for your time, and for any wisdom you may impart upon me.

Regards,

DeemoDiablo AKA the name in my avatar because they didn't let me register as the former.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Now for your suggestion: The AGA-t2 is this?AGA-T2 - Kidney Puncher

It looks promising, I would prefer actual glass to pyrex as I take good care of my things. Does your pyrex tube have jagged edges or does it look flame-polished?

Also, you haven't actually used it yet, so I cannot consider it an experienced recommendation. I do appreciate bringing this to light for me though. I shall put it on my consideration list.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
they all almost work identical, it comes down to what you want to spend and how much you like the way something looks. i use MMV DID's and Siam Mods cobra's - waiting on a foggatti and a somnium
with genesis form meets function and except for small differences they work or dont. there is no ok or better then really, it is all preference small air hole, big airhole, one wick, two wicks etc ..
and the new aga has glass tanks available

the differences are you, how well you can set it up, the better you get the better they will perform.

Last edited:

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
ZAP is made for the Provari, so it'll look the best.

You can get a hippo from 405 Vaporz that will make others look more sleek on the Provari.

I think a Hippo + AGA-T2 combo would look nice.

Bing and Google turn up no relevant results for 405 vaporz, or the hippo. Could you provide a link?

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
they all almost work identical, it comes down to what you want to spend and how much you like the way something looks. i use MMV DID's and Siam Mods cobra's - waiting on a foggatti and a somnium
with genesis form meets function and except for small differences they work or dont. there is no ok or better then really, it is all preference small air hole, big airhole, one wick, two wicks etc ..
and the new aga has glass tanks available

the differences are you, how well you can set it up, the better you get the better they will perform.

So I've been reading on here that some people are calling the DID "buggy" and "finicky" which indicates to me that all things are not created equal. Everything has a margin of error. I am in search for a device with the smallest margin.

I can look past a few negative reviews, no problem, everyone is different and we aren't dealing with ISO 9001 companies here.

I get that it things either work or don't work, that part is painfully obvious with today's throw-away mentality.

Based off my OP, which one would you recommend that is readily available while I wait for my ZAP?

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Figured i'd chime in here... running the AGA T here, and have to say its a solid piece, and this version has subtle improvements, pure SS all the way through and if you pick one up here, this guy adds in 3 gagues of Kanthal wire and 2 samples of SS mesh to every one so that you can try a variety.
AGA T+ at Steam Monkey

AGAT-RBA-2.jpg

IB tanked is also a good idea for a nice tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread