I want the best >100W Vape mod, but I don't know what features to look for, Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
vaporesso, Smoant, Tesla, and Voopoo all make solid mods. Pick one and see what folks have to say about it because if you narrow it down you’ll get more help.
For batteries stick with a Sony, Samsung, LG, or Sanyo because all others are rewraps and you can never be sure what battery is under the wrap. It’s also important to buy from a reputable vendor. Good luck with your search.
PS the packers suck, GO BEARS!!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Plenty of mods will fit the bill, and almost anything will work with your tank. The first thing to note is that if you want to go over 100 W, single battery mods are out. That's not a problem as there's no shortage of two (or more) battery devices.

Two questions might help narrow down the options:
  • Are you interested in TC (temperature control)?
  • What price range are you open to?
I see you're already familiar with Smok, so I'll just note that their quality control is somewhat lacking. If you go for a Smok mod you might get a decent mod, or you might get a piece of junk that fails in a week.

Regarding batteries, it's vitally important to stick to the four main manufacturers: Sony/Murata, Samsung, LG and Sanyo/Panasonic. That can be harder than it sounds because counterfeits abound.

There are a number of issues to be aware of with batteries. Understanding what you need to know isn't that difficult, but sorting through copious internet postings of varying quality to actually find the important points can be a complete nightmare. I'd suggest starting in one of these places:
Good luck!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
duplicate post (actually triplicate) to help those out in this thread
1. they are looking for an internal battery mod that is 100w or more (as stated in other threads, that's not easily done)
2. they are looking to spend no more than $100
3. they don't want temperature control (but as a side note, just because a mod has TC doesn't mean that you have to use it)
4. they want a nice looking display
5. they want something that's more rounded edges to fit comfortably in their hands
6. they do not want a pen style mod
7. um....i forget what else off the top of my head....Topics are here and here (please pick one topic to post in so that we can better help you)
oh yes 8. he keeps referring to mods as batteries which gets a bit confusing

Reactions: Tonee N

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I also would like to know what I should look for in batties and which battery companies are the most reputable. I also want a very attractive display, also I would prefer that it work with my TFV12 PRINCE tank but it is not a requirement.
VOOPOO Drag mini mod

Reactions: Coyote628

John Vapes82

Oct 29, 2018
Was going to say the exact same thing as madstabber.

Voopoo Drag mini. Having owned the original Drag, i'm confident in recommending it.
The OG was a very dependable, reliable and durable mod.
Nothing special, just does what it needs to do and does it well.

You can buy just the mod (+/-50$) or as a kit with a tank.
The Uforce T2 tank seems to be decent (certainly won't be worse than the TFV12). It comes with mesh coils if you get the mini kit, the regular (removable batteries, 177w, bigger) Drag 2 kit comes with round wire coils I believe.

Most important specs:
- internal 4400mAh battery
- variable wattage
- variable voltage (firmware update needed)
- temperature control
- USB charging
- up to 117W
- Solid chipset (gene chip) which has proven to be accurate, efficient and dependable
- Resin panel on one side
- Nice clean screen, no colors, gauges, in your face graphics, obnoxious led's, etc.
- 510 is a tiny bit off-center if that bothers you
- No rattling, solid, beater, device

Think that's absolutely what you're looking for.
It will be probably be highly popular, so getting support for it won't be difficult.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
- internal 4400mAh battery

This always makes me weary. Plug, unplug, plug, unplug, plug, unplug - after a while that connector gets hoop a jooped. Plus they take forever to charge. When I used internal battery mods I always got caught having to leave the house with a battery that was too high to charge but too low to last me the day. I ended up vaping a lot less because i'd have it charging 'in case' - made me grab cigarettes a bunch of times.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

John Vapes82

Oct 29, 2018
This always makes me weary. Plug, unplug, plug, unplug, plug, unplug - after a while that connector gets hoop a jooped.

Oh yeah, there's definitely a downside to internal battery mods. If the USB connector gets wonky (and it will over time) the mod is basically trash.

Plus they take forever to charge. When I used internal battery mods I always got caught having to leave the house with a battery that was too high to charge but too low to last me the day. I ended up vaping a lot less because i'd have it charging 'in case' - made me grab cigarettes a bunch of times.

True as well. I haven't found a reliable source yet which gives the charging specification. I hope it's 2 amp, but probably will be 1 amp. Which will take about 2-3h to do a full charge.
The advantage is you can charge it anywhere though.
People have mini USB charging everywhere nowadays. In their car, office, battery pack, etc.
But that brings us back to the USB connector issue, which is indeed the weak point of any internal battery mod.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Oh yeah, there's definitely a downside to internal battery mods. If the USB connector gets wonky (and it will over time) the mod is basically trash.

True as well. I haven't found a reliable source yet which gives the charging specification. I hope it's 2 amp, but probably will be 1 amp. Which will take about 2-3h to do a full charge.
The advantage is you can charge it anywhere though.
People have mini USB charging everywhere nowadays. In their car, office, battery pack, etc.
But that brings us back to the USB connector issue, which is indeed the weak point of any internal battery mod.

They should make USB chargeable battery packs with protections. Kind of like how power tools have power packs. I feel like people would be a lot less intimidated than they are with handling raw batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread