I want to get off the Juul

Status
Not open for further replies.

APA1

Apr 12, 2018
I haven't posted in a while.
I've tried different pods systems, different e liquids.
The smok Infinix was great but started to spit too much.
The JustFog Minifit was great but didn't really give good flavor.
So I've been using the Juul 100% of the time.
Never had a spitting issue.
Always enjoy the Fruit Medley flavor (smooth hit, not too sweet).
It's my all day vape.
But I'm burning through these Juul pods too quickly and it's not cheap.
I would like to give the smok Infinix another try or maybe the Smok Novo.
I think my big issue is finding a flavor that I actually like.
I've tried almost all the Mr Salt-E flavors.
Too sweet for me.
Not something I enjoyed vaping all day.
Then I tried a bunch of flavors from VapeWild.
They were ok but you have to let them steep for several weeks or else they taste like chemicals.
And they just weren't strong enough for me.
I definitely need a 45 or 50 nic salt.
How do I find my new flavor, my new all day vape, something that doesn't need to steep, without buying 20 different bottles at $15 each?
Something sweet but not too sweet.
Something somewhat similar to the Fruit Medley.
What are the best selling e liquid brands?
Who has the best fruit flavor nic salt?
What are your favorite fruit nic salts?
I know this is hard to answer because one person may love it and another person hate it.
Any recommendations appreciated?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
The Smok Infinix was great but started to spit too much.

Before you start vaping, take the pod out and blow into it to clear the chimney. Then I don’t have any problems.

All devices collect some condensation over time. Juul minimizes spit back by using cotton to absorb it in the mouthpiece. Also, the mouthpiece openings are offset from the chimney on the Juul. But clearing the chimney should prevent problems with the Infinix.

What are the best selling e liquid brands?
Who has the best fruit flavor nic salt?
What are your favorite fruit nic salts?
I know this is hard to answer because one person may love it and another person hate it.
Any recommendations appreciated?

You're right that it is difficult to recommend flavors because it is subjective. I find commercial e-liquid waaaaaay to sweet and over flavored. My advice is to make your own. NicotineRiver and NudeNicotine are a couple examples of retailers that sell ingredients.

APA1

Apr 12, 2018
Finding the right juice flavor is tough. Buy a bottle and you immediately hate it. Buy a bottle and it's ok but you don't want to vape it all day. Buy a bottle and it's too sweet. It's just money down the drain. But I guess that's what it takes to find what you really like.
But surely there must be juice brands that are best sellers. Brands with the most positive reviews. I know I can research on my own but thought a little help from the forum could help me save a little time.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Finding the right juice flavor is tough. Buy a bottle and you immediately hate it. Buy a bottle and it's ok but you don't want to vape it all day. Buy a bottle and it's too sweet. It's just money down the drain. But I guess that's what it takes to find what you really like.
But surely there must be juice brands that are best sellers. Brands with the most positive reviews. I know I can research on my own but thought a little help from the forum could help me save a little time.
Yep - even tougher using pods. I was in a groove, virtually able to make my juice blindfolded. Now though, I'm trying to get the right mix down for pods...mixing a combination of freebase & nic salts to get the right throat hit, and I'm finding with some pods at least, adding a percent or two of flavoring is better. And though I was all vg with rta's, I'm throwing in some pg to improve wicking for the pods.

I will say that I've tried a number of pods, and the best hitting 2 I have, that are closest to an rta are the Innokin EQ and Nord. But neither is autofire. I lke the draw & flavor on the EQ better, and it really lasts longer than any other I've tried. But the Nord has the advantage of replacing the coil rather than the whole pod. And you have coil options.

None of the pods are really a home run yet for me.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Finding the right juice flavor is tough.

I think that is how I ended up with Halo menthols. I started vaping in 2012 and pretty much never liked ANY ejuices, and it got expensive. I finally found ONE I liked. Then our governor decided we had to buy ejuice face to face and so many vendors would not sell to me anymore.....(the ONE ejuice I did like)........and I found that menthol/mint is just that. You really can't "taste" anything else except the cool minty mentholly stuff, and now I don't have to worry about "different flavorings". LOL

I also disciplined myself to just vape unflavored most of the time (at the beginning I'd put like "1/2 and 1/2" of my flavored eliquid in there and then eventually tapered off to 1 drop) , so got used to that, and vaping life got real simple. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread