• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I want to see your gaming rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
I just want to see what the other gamers around here are using. Xbox ps3 PC it doesn't matter! Just post up a picture of your battle station and maybe some specs and enjoy! Here's my setups *remember I'm a poor college student so don't hate...to much haha*
473e8ce1-85e6-ba22.jpg

473e8ce1-8608-577c.jpg

The puter has
and 965 x4 at 3.4ghz
Gigabyte 990xa mono
Radeon hd 4000 series
8gb ram
1T HDD
80GB SSD
320GB EXTERNAL HDD
473e8ce1-862b-5fad.jpg

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
liquid it's running PG through it I have cooling blocks on the CPU, both video cards, northbridge and the southbridge
i7 960
2x 295gtx
12GB DD3

it's almost time for new video cards but these older ones can still run new games at high details so I've been putting it off because I would have to buy new cooling block for the new video cards

Last edited:

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I got a good price on ram at newegg matching set of corsair couldn't pass it up
it was 200 buck for the koolance and around 90 dollars each for the video cooling blocks and 45 ish each for the smaller cooling block but its really quiet and it will last for years I had my last koolance for about 7 years before I replaced it and just replaced cooling blocks as I moved it from PC to PC when I rebuilt it just got to the point where it couldn't handle the power/heat of a new pc

Last edited:

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Yes!! Me and my roommate are huge fans of bioshock. He got me into playing the first one and honestly I love the fact you can be completely brutal in your playing style. Do you play black ops on steam?? I do mainly for the custom zombie servers people made. That and I built my rig for bf3 but never got to actually buy bf3 because I didn't know it wasn't compatible with steam :-\...partially why I'm excited for all these game releases coming out!

That and it gives me reason to upgrade stuff :D

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
Here's mine:

Intel Core i7 Quad-core 3.4GHz OC to 4.0GHz, 16GB Corsair matched RAM, Liquid Cooled, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 MoBo, Dual Radeon HD 6970 2 GB Video Cards, Intel Smart Response 20GB SSD caching with 2 Seagate 500GB HDs, CoolerMaster HAF Mid-Tower, NZXT Fan Controller, LiteOn DVD, Win7 Home, etc, etc... ~$2k built from scratch. Display is Apple 27" LED. Controller is XBox Wireless. Keyboard is Apple low-profile extended. Games come through Steam and GameStop App.

Recently, I've gotten stuck playing FFXIV for a while and I've played Deus Ex: Human Revolution like three times through.

I also have an original PS3 (played moderately) and a Wii (played rarely).

Outside:
outside.jpg

Inside:
inside.jpg

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I will try to take a pic once I get the new video cards are put in. 550 TI's are crap. Go with a 560 standard or OC'ed if you can instead. They are about the same price. I am about to pull the trigger on 2 560 ti's to replace my 9800GTX+'s :) Trying to pin down the best deal on some Asus GTX 560 Ti TOP/DCII 's.
Running in sli I should have no problem maxing out diablo III

NZXT Lexa Blackline (Piano black with Red)
1000 watt OCZ SLI edition PSU
8 GB OCZ Sli edition ram
2.8 quad (Q9550)
2X sata 3g 1gb in striped.

A couple of red cold cathodes that stay off but turned on via a switch on a PCI cover. Mostly used for service lights, or for showing off.

Proc, board and ram could be better....but I don't really need them to be.
If they would just build ssd's to last I wouldn't mind, but the 1.5 year expected life just sucks.

Haven't moved to liquid cooling. The sealed systems look nice, but piecing them in would cost more than I could justify. Too many other hobbies :)
Ooo I likewise the setup, why so much ram though lol?
I'm tempted on pulling the trigger on a zotac 550ti but $116 is out of my budget atm... how much was your overall liquid unit?

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
As far as consoles:

Sony Xperia Play :)

3x Xbox 360's (not counting the dead one) - 2 new model, one old
Old xbox (Soft Modded with tons of emu's, original HD untouched)

PS3 80gb (fat)
PS2 Fat
PSOne, PS (original), PS (original V2), PS Academic edition (found in a thrift store...I did not even know they existed until then)
PSP fatty

Wii
Gamecube (Platinum LE) with wavebirds
N64
SNES
Super Famicom
NES
Famicom

GB, GBP, GBC (several editions), GBA (2), GBA SP (platinum and classic nes editions), DSi XL

Dreamcast
Sega Master system
Genesis (with 32x and MS adapters)
Gamegear

Probably close to 800 carts...not sure exactly. 1000's of PC games (legit ones).
Obviously this is too much to take pics of, but I will include a few highlight ones with the PC pics - here is a teaser:
2011-01-11233003.jpg

2011-01-11234437.jpg

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
As far as consoles:

Sony Xperia Play :)

3x Xbox 360's (not counting the dead one) - 2 new model, one old
Old xbox (Soft Modded with tons of emu's, original HD untouched)

PS3 80gb (fat)
PS2 Fat
PSOne, PS (original), PS (original V2), PS Academic edition (found in a thrift store...I did not even know they existed until then)
PSP fatty

Wii
Gamecube (Platinum LE) with wavebirds
N64
SNES
Super Famicom
NES
Famicom

GB, GBP, GBC (several editions), GBA (2), GBA SP (platinum and classic nes editions), DSi XL

Dreamcast
Sega Master system
Genesis (with 32x and MS adapters)
Gamegear

Probably close to 800 carts...not sure exactly. 1000's of PC games (legit ones).
Obviously this is too much to take pics of, but I will include a few highlight ones with the PC pics - here is a teaser:
2011-01-11233003.jpg

2011-01-11234437.jpg

The wall of carts made me drool, so I should stick to sli 560?
Btw add me on steam man my name is same as the username here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread