I was judged harshly and told to be ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I just received a private email from a member who has judged me harshly and from what this person has said, I was discussed among other members and they too have come to the same conclusion that I used my husband's lung cancer to garner sympathy and get out of purchasing a device when it was felt by this person that what I really had was buyer's remorse and what I did was disingenuous (which Wikipedia's definition is insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious, and hypocritical) and in bad taste.

I was further told that I was resented for having done this.

Now, this person, nor did ANY other person write and ask me my situation. Imeo and I had private emails to each other about the situation, the actual DETAILS were between he and I. I did explain some of it to the GG group and stated that I was only explaining the situation briefly to show what an understanding person Imeo was. I didn't go into detail because that wasn't the purpose of my postings, the purpose was to show who Imeo was as a person, which was understanding and caring.

My husband has lung cancer, but right now he's doing well. However, future medical bills will be more difficult to pay for, come next November(we do have good insurance, but even $20 here and there, or $75. or whatever is difficult to come up with if you don't have it).

I am buying a LOT of items for us right now while we can. When growing up I was taught to prepare for future problems if possible. Because my husband and I (because of his retirement policy) will be without any retirement pay for almost two months and only 60% of the retirement pay for 2 to 4 months after that, times will be tough (we have my SS [thank God], which is barely over $600). We will be able to make our bills, but after bills, we will have $26 a week for food, just to give you an idea of how tough it will be. And, even when he gets full retirement it won't be much because he's retiring so early.

Am I scared? A little, but you know what, I'm stocking my pantry, buying suplements, and YES, stocking e-cigs, e-liquid, lots of atomizers, and batteries. I've got LOTS of cartons of analogs for my husband (he's refused to quit analogs because our doctor told him it doesn't matter now). I'm PROUD of myself. I'm proud to be able to say I'm stocking up, and preparing for he and I.

I decided against the GG (after actually paying for it) because there had been a thread discussing the cost of sending the GG back to Greece if there was a problem. The cost wasn't that much, but it was more than if the item had been American made. I decided to go with the American made because of the potentially cheaper shipping. Imeo understood.

But others in that forum, perhaps on other forums, decided to judge me rather than write and ask for details. I would copy and paste the private email, but from what I understand that is reason for dismissal and I don't want to be kicked off the forum.

I will repeat. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE FINE, WE'LL BE FINE, I'M PROUD OF US FOR PREPARING FOR DIFFICULT TIMES COMING UP, AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO KNOW ANYTHING CAN PM ME, BUT PLEASE DO NOT PM ME AND CALL ME NAMES WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Last edited:

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Sometimes it makes you wonder what goes through peoples minds? I suppose on such a large forum you are going to get this sort of thing?

I for one, don`t see the need for you to try and explain to small minded individuals, the reason behind your actions! It makes me feel ashamed as a member that people can stoop so low!

Anyhow I hope things go ok for you, as I am sure 99% of the forum does!

Mufftrix...................

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Thank you to both of you, olderthandirt and mufftrix. I truly am proud of us. It's a good feeling knowing I'm working hard to prepare for our future, whatever it may hold. You should see our pantry, lol. I've got spam, tuna fish, veggies out the kazoo, the freezer is filling up with hamburger, bacon, hot dogs and boloney. I've been practicing cooking cheap meals, lots of casseroles that will stretch for more than one meal.

I'm buying books at garage sales, warm blankets and even warm wool long johns ;).

I guess I'm from the old school and my parents who are both approaching their nineties taught me well.

Actually, another thing I didn't mention is how fortunate my husband and I are. On top of having the best relationship with each other, we have a good relationship with our Lord. We have a home and we have a vehicle (did have two, but just got rid of one so we wouldn't have to pay for extra insurance). We are so much more fortunate than many in today's world. We can afford right now to stock up. We do have a home. We do have a vehicle. We will have food. We even have our e-cig and analog supplies. We have loving pets. Who in the world could ask for more?

We are diligent and are trying to prepare. Again, thank you! Rejoice, Imeo was GREAT. VERY understanding and kind. He IMMEDIATELY refunded my money and was nothing but kind!!!! He does care for people just like he always says.

Last edited:

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
You know ya'll I posted this thread because a small part of me was hurt and felt bad because I was judged so harshly without being asked for an explanation.

I sincerely appreciate the thoughts thus far on this thread and I thank each of you.

Our lives today, in this topsy-turvy uncertain world has enough negative thoughts and actions.

I think I shall take a lot of the advice thus far and just feel bad for the person who wrote this and be grateful I don't live in their skin.

Tonight my husband and I are going out to dinner. We shall do the McDonald's dollar meal. Do you know you can get three double cheeseburgers (one is brought home for our dogs ;), 1 small fries and 2 apple pies (with two glasses of water) for $5.35!!!!? We may have to forego these meals out once November comes, but we'll see. Thank goodness my husband and I aren't big eaters ;).

Brent

Jul 16, 2009
Sharon, first of all, my sympathies to you and your spouse.

Now, I cannot believe someone would be so cruel. As someone has mentioned already in this thread, a refund was a private transaction between you and Imeo. Nobody else should be concerned. As long as you and he are both satisfied with the results, then the principles in the transaction are happy and nobody else's opinion matters. That someone had the ill manners to intrude on this transaction with a critical PM to you is really weird. I would ignore the imbecile and their comments. Just consider the source.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Sharon,

It sounds like you have enough problems without someone adding more to them. The old motto "if it's not any of your business, then keep your nose out" would apply here.

None of us should judge others because we don't really know what their life is like.
I'm happy for you and your husband, that you have had the foresight to prepare for possible hard times ahead. Please don't take what others say to heart.

I'll add you both to my prayers and don't feel like everyone is judging you. I'm not.

God bless,
Linda

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
Sharon, wow, seems like you have made new friends!!! Your intent for the original thread was to praise imeo for his service and compassion. I am sure plenty was gained from that -- for you and for imeo.

The negative response was sad. Everyone is has the right to express their opinion, however, when one's opinion is meant to hurt someone, as it has obviously hurt you...well, that person needs our sympathy. Their world must really be dark.

But as you can clearly see now, there are plenty of nice people here who support you and appreciate what imeo has done to help you.

Oh, BTW, I ordered more atomizers:D !!!

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I'm confused. Since when are buyers not allowed to have buyers' remorse? Sometimes I go shopping and when I get home, I find that I don't really want or need something I bought on impulse. I take it back. Why would that be different for this product? I have had a couple of people fail to buy something I had on the classifieds even after several PM's that said they were definitely buying. It is annoying but certainly not worthy of abuse. God bless you and your husband.

Thanks all. Yes, I believe the world truly has many more good people than bad. Imeo and Zo (another story) and the well wishers on here far outweigh mean spirited people.

Don't forget too, many times we may PM someone or say something in haste and then wish we hadn't. Perhaps the person who PM'd me fits in that category. Perhaps the person who PM'd me wishes they hadn't. I did receive a second PM from this person and not sure how I feel about it. Seems they apologized in a strange way. They told me I took the PM wrong and that I proved by starting this thread that I am who they thought I was and they said that the fact that I decided to make it public confirmed to them their original feelings of me being dishonest and deceiving person. So, I guess it was an apology with a little twist ;). Truthfully I'm sorry they feel this way.

I'm no longer hurt, I feel blessed and full of gratitude for all the good people. I no longer feel bad about the person who PM'd me. How could I after all the good people who have chimed in.

So again, thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread