I was really skeptical of the Magma, but wow..... flavor country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Florida
I dont have it in hand yet, just ordered fron 101 Vapes, but the Plume Veil has side bottom side air holes, similar not exact, but should be good as well

I have both the Magma and the Plume Veil. Don't get me wrong, the Plume Veil is awesome, definitely one of my top RDAs, but the Magma is slightly more amazing IMO, I keep finding myself drifting back to it whenever I have the two side by side when I go out.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I love my Magma and use it quite a bit. I would use it a lot more if it wasn't such a PITA to fill. Unscrewing the top cap and realigning the AFC are my only complaints. I'm surprised you didn't like the Zenith V2, I find the flavor to be almost as good as the Magma and a lot easier to fill.

if you haven't, add an o-ring to the slot right above the air flow adjuster
Not only keeps the adjuster still but seems to stop almost all leaking

Great idea, I'm going to try this as soon as the game is over.

Last edited:

KiMB00P

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Washington
I love my magma and use it everyday! I like the airholes wide open so I don't use the aircontrol band and don't have issues with refilling. I just remove the drip tip and drink down the hole that way. You can even drip right through the drip tip without removing any parts if you have a needle tip for dripping.

Reactions: eLefAdEr

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The magma is a great atty. I have an infinite clone which got me into dripping. I then bought an authentic. Also have an Origen V2 which I also like a lot. Had seriously considered a PV but just didn't want to dump another $100 plus into another atty. I got a Vulcan about a week ago and love it. Hate to say it but the same (maybe better) flavor than the Magma:ohmy: Great quality and about $60 for an authentic it's a real bargain. Main issue was lack of airflow so I drilled a 1/16" hole as high as possible on the negative post with corresponding holes in the cap. This brings air in behind the coils in a similar fashion to the plume veil. Works great!!:D

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
if you haven't, add an o-ring to the slot right above the air flow adjuster
Not only keeps the adjuster still but seems to stop almost all leaking

For those that are running a 2x coil set-up and using the largest holes, I'd suggest removing the AFC ring. No leaks and nothing to fiddle with.

With the given scenario, the AFC ring serves no real purpose besides an aesthetic one.

HKholic

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
I spent a couple of weeks with my Magma. Got it and an Origen V2 at the same time. The Magma was awesome from the get go. Only drawbacks was the leaking and noise. I have since, after several rebuilds, have been using the "Ori" on a daily basis. Smooth, flavorful, damn good clouds. Used the o-ring trick on the Magma but it would still dribble a tad. The Magma is a great piece, and I'm sure I'll be bringing it out again in the future. But once finding my build technique on the Origen, it's real hard to put it down.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I spent a couple of weeks with my Magma. Got it and an Origen V2 at the same time. The Magma was awesome from the get go. Only drawbacks was the leaking and noise. I have since, after several rebuilds, have been using the "Ori" on a daily basis. Smooth, flavorful, damn good clouds. Used the o-ring trick on the Magma but it would still dribble a tad. The Magma is a great piece, and I'm sure I'll be bringing it out again in the future. But once finding my build technique on the Origen, it's real hard to put it down.

You running verticals on the Origen? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread