bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Where are we on IVAQS?

I just spent two whole days having bubblegum & pixie sticks as center pieces on the tables in the Flamingo's biggest conference room & I am a bit concerned. I was hoping to receive information regarding where IVAQS stands at this point while I was at Vegas Vapefest.

I am now realizing that this is a question that MANY concerned vapers have been asking for about six months. None of us has received a clear answer.

I'll ask again, where are we on IVAQS?

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
SoCal
She said towards the end of the night that they managed to get over $10,000 in profits even after the $12,000 or so that the event cost. She also said that they are only about $3500 away from completing IVAQS after the money they made from the event and the donations made by the vendors that were in attendance.

Those aren't exact numbers but I remember her saying something very close to that. Hopefully we get Spike here to run the exact numbers by us one more time.

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I get scared when I go to VF. ECF makes me feel just a bit safer because we speak/type in a civilized, adult manner here.

Mix, the numbers you typed don't look like any of the numbers that i've read about in the past regarding what was spent for vegas & what was needed for completion.

Thanks for the answers. I was hoping that someone from the NVC could chime in & give us an idea of where we stand.
Thanks again :)

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Tonight on Click, Bang!

Was Vegas Vapefest a Failure?

9PM EST

My guests will be jdvoor from ElixirTV and bmwjen to give their opinions......but if you want to call in to give your opinion, you can call in using this number: 347-308-8329. Once you are connected just press "1" to be added to the call queue.

Here is the link to listen live - you can also click the link to listen to an archived replay of the show.

VP Live Talk Radio

Enjoy!

-Russ

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Russ,
Two things came out of your show, to me:

- Some of the people who went to Vegas Vapefest really enjoyed it, and some didn't. But for those who didn't, at least they were in a place where they could find plenty to do within half a mile 24/7 anyway. So no problem then.

- You mentioned that, "My thread was closed by ECF nazis". Hehe, I had to laugh. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :)

So anyway I looked it up. Turned out it was a thread within a social group, that someone had taken way off-topic for that group, that then developed into an argument. So the local mod closed it.

This brings up the valid point that a large part of ECF is not moderated by ECF Mods as it doesn't 'belong' to us. It's run by the small communities that own those parts. ECF is far too big to be a community, it is like a large city with hundreds of small communities. They have their own rules and do their own thing. It's not fair to blame us for what goes on in there - they have their own Mods.

If you had asked an ECF Mod to move your thread and re-open it, that might have happened (not sure). But in a way this is our fault (or my fault probably) because obviously people don't realize that ECF does not moderate a large part of the forum, others do. So I changed some of the intro text on forums in some areas, to flag this up. Also there is a new sticky in Site Feedback pointing this out.

Basically it's our fault that you didn't know ECF has nothing to do with the place you got shut down in, that is their community and they make the rules. So I'm doing my best to put this info out there. Sometimes it's not ECF nazis - there are others out there as well :)

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
I hear ya rolygate. It looks like this instance was indeed an ECF user rather than a mod being too trigger happy (I disagree with you that it was an argument).

So I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. Shame on me. But why did I jump to that conclusion? Because of my past personal experience with ECF moderators being way to restrictive of speech - and the hundreds of other situations where perfectly normal conversations are censored, and users are banned.

ECF has quite a reputation for this - and I think it's well deserved.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Go to the "Other" forum and let er rip!:):):)!!

:)Wiz!

I do...all the time. It's great fun!

I forget, are you allowed to even type the name of that forum here, or is that still against the rules? It's hard to keep up with all the regulations here, you know?

The fact that it was once (or is still ??) against the rules at ECF to even mention the name of that other place pretty much sums up my viewpoint - the largest electronic cigarette forum is also the most toxic, and the poison comes from those who create rules that have no basis in logic or necessity.

You might say that if I don't like it here I should leave. I won't - because I love it here! It's wonderful. I'll continue to post here to suit my needs. I'll post elsewhere to attempt to help the community. As long as I don't like your policies - you will serve me. One way streets are fun to speed on.

It's a great deal. Thanks for listening....

VP-Live | VapersPlace

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Kev, we were talking among the forum nazis and the possibility came up of putting Russ into the Miserable User usergroup for a bit.

He'd know what pain really meant if that happened. What do you think?
I think it would be good for him. It would teach him a lesson and maybe he would learn to appreciate the freedom he has on ECF once it's taken away :)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I do...all the time. It's great fun!

I forget, are you allowed to even type the name of that forum here, or is that still against the rules? It's hard to keep up with all the regulations here, you know?

The fact that it was once (or is still ??) against the rules at ECF to even mention the name of that other place pretty much sums up my viewpoint - the largest electronic cigarette forum is also the most toxic, and the poison comes from those who create rules that have no basis in logic or necessity.

You might say that if I don't like it here I should leave. I won't - because I love it here! It's wonderful. I'll continue to post here to suit my needs. I'll post elsewhere to attempt to help the community. As long as I don't like your policies - you will serve me. One way streets are fun to speed on.

It's a great deal. Thanks for listening....

VP-Live | VapersPlace
I agree completely! Each forum is what it is. Not sure if you can type the domain name or not these days? I stay because I like it here also. There are great people at both forums, some post at both and some at one or the other. It really is important to remember the message that both represent.

Vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking. Appreciate the great shows you and Kev put out. They are a service to the community!

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I agree completely! Each forum is what it is. Not sure if you can type the domain name or not these days? I stay because I like it here also. There are great people at both forums, some post at both and some at one or the other. It really is important to remember the message that both represent.

Vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking. Appreciate the great shows you and Kev put out. They are a service to the community!

Very well said Wiz, I completely agree. Thank you for the compliment Wiz, I really do appreciate it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread