I will NEVER vape in my car again (probably...maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Good lord, I washed and waxed my car today to get ready for the upcoming snow in Michigan. Things were going just fine until I got to the windows. I cannot believe what a chore it was to get the vape residue off the inside. It took me literally over an hour to get the glass streak-free.

I used alcohol on a t-shirt first, to cut the film, and that left a mess. I moved on to vinegar and water with a microfiber towel, which just left a smeary goo with tiny (micro) fibers embedded in it. The last step was window cleaner with a a clean t-shirt rag and a LOT of rubbing and wiping.

I'm a stickler for streak-free windows in my car, and honestly it was easier to get nicotine off the windows when I smoked (never smoked in this car which is 6-years old).

Anyway, unless someone can give me some tips on an easier way - I probably won't vape in my car any more.

HELLLLP!

Please?

Reactions: Fidola13

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Good reminder. I need to clean the inside of the windows before we start getting frost. Otherwise baby doll's going to wind up in a ditch.

I've been meaning to try Rain-X on the inside. Some people put it on their bathroom mirrors to keep them from fogging up. I wonder if it would help keep vape residue from clinging to the inside.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
T-shirts are horrible for cleaning glass – same can be said about cheap microfibre cloths. Tip for microfibre is to wash and dry them first prior to use.

Both alcohol and vinegar will leave streaks – I prefer to use them in my cocktails and fish n’ chips. Use warm water with dish soap to cut the grime. Dry then use a foam glass cleaner with paper towel to get rid of the streaks. Foam glass cleaner can be found in hardware or automotive stores.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I make an all purpose spray cleaner with distilled H20, vinegar and a ~1/4 tsp Dawn (per liter) that seems to work well. I wouldn't use a tshirt for cleaning - you need something that's absorbent.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that that is for the cleaning step. There's a cleaning step and a streak removal step. For the streak removal step you need vinegar on a lint free cloth.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Good reminder. I need to clean the inside of the windows before we start getting frost. Otherwise baby doll's going to wind up in a ditch.

I've been meaning to try Rain-X on the inside. Some people put it on their bathroom mirrors to keep them from fogging up. I wonder if it would help keep vape residue from clinging to the inside.

It does help.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
I forward the notion of foam glass cleaner. Alcohol, windex, and others work but it's not worth the effort. Dawn works too if you follow up with a glass cleaner to remove any leftover soap. I keep a triangle shaped window cleaner tool from rainx in the glove box. When I find I cant see anything when the sun hits the windshield I just smear it until I can at the next stop light. :vapor:I make it a point to clean my windshield asap once I get home of course.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I bought some Eagle 1 glass cleaner bogo at a parts store a while ago and it sucked at getting my smoke residue from the inside windows. The other day that was all I had and.... the vape residue wiped off real easy in 1 application.

I grab 3-5 of those blue paper towels when I get fuel and stockpile about a dozen a year. Those work great.

Reactions: stols001

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    I usually wipe with a micro fiber towl first then, go back with glass cleaner. The key is not to let it get to thick I clean once a month if im im not lazy, depending on what type of vapaer you are you may need to clean more often. Rolling windows and turning the air on helps to.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Good lord, I washed and waxed my car today to get ready for the upcoming snow in Michigan. Things were going just fine until I got to the windows. I cannot believe what a chore it was to get the vape residue off the inside. It took me literally over an hour to get the glass streak-free.

I used alcohol on a t-shirt first, to cut the film, and that left a mess. I moved on to vinegar and water with a microfiber towel, which just left a smeary goo with tiny (micro) fibers embedded in it. The last step was window cleaner with a a clean t-shirt rag and a LOT of rubbing and wiping.

I'm a stickler for streak-free windows in my car, and honestly it was easier to get nicotine off the windows when I smoked (never smoked in this car which is 6-years old).

Anyway, unless someone can give me some tips on an easier way - I probably won't vape in my car any more.

HELLLLP!

Please?

Is their some kind of film you can put over the inside of the windows that you can simply remove, throw away and replace new instead of cleaning?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread