I would like to see a new carrying case design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I would like to see an all metal e-cig case that is similar to the old style analog cigarette cases. This is what I would like to see the outside look like: silver in color (It could be chromed steel for all I care) with a fine Victorian style floral pattern stamped / Engraved on it and it needs to open just like a traditional cigarette case. Now here is the hard part, the inside of the case. I want it to hold a fully assembled E-cig, (at least the size of a DSE901) at least one spare battery and the rest of the space needs to be reserved for carts. Even in the current cases I have seen on the market have a lot of unutilized space. I think that e-cig sized groves running the length of the case in the lining would make it quite universal. As for the lining itself I would also like it to be lined in formed high density foam preferably covered in velvet or micro fiber suede. (Every good E-Cig deserved a nice soft bed.:sleep:) It also needs some kind of retaining system so thing don’t just fall out when you open it. Something like an elastic band that is replaceable of course (they do wear out) or if you wanted to get fancy, little plastic slide retainers like in some musical instrument cases. You can even sell accessories for it like little dropper bottles that fit into the groves or something. One of these kinds of cases could even be made into a universal charging case if one side was made just a little thicker.

The major point is I want a case that is all metal outside and that looks like and opens like a traditional case but is big enough that it can fit a fully assembled E-cig into it (at least 120mm) and has a nice soft spot for it inside too. I don’t see why this is too much to ask?

I would have no problem paying $50 for this case especially if it had a charging unit in it.

I would like to know if anyone would like to make one or help make one. I will gladly help with the development. I just don't have the finances to have one made. Also, did I miss anything?

Smo

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Italy
My little contribution with my actual junk case, since its somehow fitting to Devon request. I've had the silver case around for a long time, and i salvaged the foam from some random box, it served me well altough is definately not cool or well refined. I just used a cutter to cut in the slots, took maybe 5 min. Under the 2 carts there's a spare battery, trusty Evo in the front, a 20ml juice bottle (just received it, HAD to fit into the case =D ) and the USB charger is on the left.

Hope this is somehow along the lines of what u had in mind, and that my personal fine Victorian style floral pattern doesn't offend anyone =P

Attachments

• IMGP0229.jpg
    IMGP0229.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 534
  • IMGP0232.jpg
    IMGP0232.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 518
  • IMGP0234.jpg
    IMGP0234.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 412

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
Last edited:

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
So I am still searching for that special case that I can convert for my cause. CssReb that is a great idea especially for long distance travel and storage but I am looking for something that I can pull out when I am dressed in a tuxedo. (yes, I wear one fairly often) That is why I am looking for this case. I would also love to see pre-built cases in of higher caliber made. The market is rather limited to cases that only store a PVD in a broken down form. I want to inspire suppliers to push the industry to make a truly full sized metal case. Smo has the right idea. However, I am not too sure about the “Leaf” design on the outside. :)

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Devon,

I am so feeling you on this one. I end up using a little pen pocked in my purse to keep it handy and my USB case for all my supplies.

I don't get to wear a tuxedo - ever. However, I do wear a suit to work every single freakin' day (ahem, I mean, daily :D ) I would also like to find something that doesn't look so "repurposed" like my USB case does.

Looking for something like a Haliburton for e-cigs. :D Would be willing to pay for it too...

Hmmm... There seems to be a market for this. I wonder if the Chinese suppliers would be open to suggestions.... :|

Rita

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
I want a case like the Janty PCC for a 401. Only I want it to hold 1 fully assembled 401, a spring slot for 1 battery to be charging, at least 2 spare cartridge (one with spare atomizer) and a little juice bottle. The metal flip top cigarette cases are easy enough to get. I even have super slim 3ml dropper bottles. The charging part is out of my league though.

L E Jay

Feb 18, 2009
The charging part is the difficult bit. Can be done, but costs money. Everything needs to be safety tested.
We need to be able to get hold of battery connectors to be able to build chargers or you rip up an old one (adds cost). Also remove the element from an atomizer... (Umm they cut off charge with heat, so don't get that bit wrong).
Can add a usb charger wire to a case.
Anyone want a tail?
I do think the west should be chipping in with stuff. Forget the 'big companies' we need to mod and build properly.

bard

Moved On
Mar 14, 2009
DELETEME
I've been looking myself for someway to recharge on the go, and think I'm going to give a USB extender charger a go (I can't post links yet, but search for "USB Battery Extender Charger for PDA MP3 GPS AA Batts" on eBay.co.uk and you'll find what I'm talking about.

I'm hoping that I can fit this in a case (although I've yet to find an appropriate case!), then use a USB charger to recharge my batteries when away from any convenient power source.

Any thoughts from anyone, or experiences from anyone who has tried anything similar?

Dave.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I went down to my local smokeshop and got a very nice metal case for what I belive are 120mm cigarettes [~$25USD]. It had an interior foldover clap to restrain the cigs, but I found that when my 401 was in there, it wouldn't quite close.

After application of the Dremel grinder to remove the clasp, the 401 fit perfectly. I went to the craft store and got several letter-sized sheets of craft foam [~.50USD @]

Gluing two sheets of foam together yeilded about the same thickness as the case interior. Using a straightedge and Xacto knife, I then cut out grooves for a fully assembled 401, extra battery, and 2 carts.

The only real flaws are:

1) It won't fit your 901
2) since I cut "all the way through" the foam in order to make clean lines, you can see the metal of the case when a part is removed. - If I could find a nice way to cover in felt or something, it would look much nicer.
3) Since I ground off that internal retainer, I have to be very careful not to drop the cig out when I open the case.
4) I'm not very dexterous, so the foam is just a bit ratty in places where I was clumsy or impatient. Someone good with their hands should find this mod very easy.

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
start looking at hard glass cases to mod

Ditto! :D The Dollar Tree frequently has the hard eyeglasses cases (for only $1 of course!) and they work GREAT for the e-cigs (shorter than pen style.) I just cut down the 'foam' insert that came in the e-cig kit it was shipped in to fit the case. There is also a little extra room in the foam to cut out a place for an extra battery, plus a small bottle of e-liquid :D

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I would like to see an all metal e-cig case that is similar to the old style analog cigarette cases. This is what I would like to see the outside look like: silver in color (It could be chromed steel for all I care) with a fine Victorian style floral pattern stamped / Engraved on it and it needs to open just like a traditional cigarette case. Now here is the hard part, the inside of the case. I want it to hold a fully assembled E-cig, (at least the size of a DSE901) at least one spare battery and the rest of the space needs to be reserved for carts. Even in the current cases I have seen on the market have a lot of unutilized space.
Will need to mod the interior with foam & fabric, bu I found this rather nice tobacco tin on eBay: Large hinged lid tobacco tin paper holder circle scroll on eBay, also, Tobacco Tins, Tobacciana Smoking, Collectables (end time 05-Apr-09 09:07:20 BST)
It should be plenty big enough to hold everything, and I thought that the 'papers holder' would work well to hold some kitchen roll i case of spillages.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Listen These pen styles will soon be obselete...The new fad is Disposable atomizer cartridge with tons of vapor and no need to replace atomizers so frequently...There is going to be a case that charges your battery and carry your cigs at the same time...Allready one on the market and I will sonn be introducing one as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread