I would like to try a carto tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I have nothing but evods and protanks.. I would like to try a carto tank on my sigelei ZMAX V3.... SUGGESTIONS ON CARTO tanks PLEASE & WHY? AND WHAT WATTAGE* TO VAPE AT WITH THEM... THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYONES HELP!!

ps.
:unsure:why do i want to try a carto tank? i feel im missing on flavor... no matter which juices i vape.. :unsure:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    IBTanks are one of the best, but to start off with, would recommend something like the smok tank, they are cheap and can see if like carto tanks before spending a lot of money on something you've never tried.

I have several different tanks, but I only use smok 2 hole 1.5ohm dual coil carto's with mine, vape at 10-11watts, I like warm vapor and give good flavor, I normally get 2-3 weeks out of carto with rotating 3 tanks.

volume control

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    Ibtanked with boge LR laser drilled cartos. I vape between 8 and 10 watts. Carto tanks are very consistent and can be chain vaped or carried in pocket all day without leaking. Ive used a carto tank more than anything else since ive been vaping, and i was once in the same boat as you, tried all sorts of clearos, never quite satisfied with one

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    hehehe I'm doing about the same thing...wanted to try a carto just for the sake of trying it...I like top coil's but every vivi nova I have had leaked....bottom coil tanks are ok, but I do prefer a warm vape so thought to try a carto for something different

I ordered this from fasttech (it's still somewhere on it's way :lol:), it's still new so not many reviews but so far from the few that have tried it seemed to say it was a decent carto and can't beat the price
    $10.42 Splash Anodized Glass Carto Tank Kit (6.0mL) 1.8ohm

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2013
    Prescott, AZ
    +1 for what Nailz said. I've heard nothing but good about IBTanked, but really, all the magic happens in the carto itself...
    Another member, Baditude, has some really helpful intros into cartos and tanks. Certainly worth a read:
    E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

what resistance for the cartos?? 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0????? (i vape mostly fruity juices) oh and dual coil or single coil??? ahhhh how confusing..

i decided im gonna go with this setup just for starter http://www.myvaporstore.com/510_U_DCTank_Combo_p/udct-tc.htm

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    +1 for what Nailz said. I've heard nothing but good about IBTanked, but really, all the magic happens in the carto itself...
    Another member, Baditude, has some really helpful intros into cartos and tanks. Certainly worth a read:
    E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs
    agree.gif
    And...another vote for IBT here. :D
    I think I'm up to five now.
    Here is a link to the IBTanked Forum here on ECF, in case you want to look around there too.
    IBTanked

I like this thread below. Lots of great info and tips here...just skip to the last few pages for current posts.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ibtanked/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy.html
    OCD, the owner posts there almost daily. He's awesome to help answer any questions.

Trying a less expensive one is a good idea too.

As for cartos, I prefer 2.0, but everyone's likes are different.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    what resistance for the cartos?? 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0????? (i vape mostly fruity juices) oh and dual coil or single coil??? ahhhh how confusing..

i decided im gonna go with this setup just for starter 510 U-DCTank Combo

That is way over price for that, I have the same one but in black chrome and got it off ebay for $10, shop around even if don't want to use ebay.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I dont think i want to spend $50 for the tank setup in IBtanked.. not to start thats half what my Zmax cost me... :facepalm:

Here ya' go ... the Red one is 6.99, I have several and they are just as good as IBT's ... maybe not as pleasing to the eye :unsure:
    http://www.madvapes.com/slim-pyrex-dct.html

:rolleyes: Someone told me I had to come back and tell you that I've bought 4 IBT's since I bought those I linked you too ... they're really nice :blush:

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    Why would you spend 50 on an ibtanked? Its 19 bucks. After complaing about cost you then post up a 22 dollar tank setup that is not as nice? The price is so close its not even worth considering

22mm Cartomizer Tank

These are the cartos i use

BOGE 510 XL LR PrePunched Cartomizers

Overall still under 30 bucks, roughly half what you claim you would spend?

If youre willing to spend money on your mod, im not sure why you would want to go low end with your topper, its 50% of your setup, and arguably the more important half. You asked for suggestions, and many suggest ibtanked, if you have a price limit you should specify ;) Then people wont suggest something you dont want to purchase!

If youre looking to try something cheap thats still relatively easy to work with ive used the AGR and it does the job.

http://www.litecigusa.net/SearchResults.asp?Search=agr+tank&Submit=

Im rather against the smok flanged carto tank setups, to swap cartos you have to drain the tank and its near impossible to get the tank filled. The Boge cartos seem to be a little warmer to me, and prime/wick better

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Im rather against the smok flanged carto tank setups, to swap cartos you have to drain the tank and its near impossible to get the tank filled. The Boge cartos seem to be a little warmer to me, and prime/wick better

Have you tried "hot swapping" with the flanged. It works with tanks that have no true top or bottom.
    ( If I botch this explanation...someone else please jump in and correct me. :) )

Use a new carto to push the old one out. If the tank isn't too full, it's actually easy peasy.

My first try, I just did it over the kitchen sink, and kind of held my breath. :laugh: But try it sometime.
    Use your tank tool to get it started, take that out, then use your new carto to finish pushing through.
    If the tank isn't full, as you get to about halfway, just invert it so the liquid goes to the other side.

I've even left the little doughnut thing in that comes in the new one.

If you have no interest in that, just ignore. :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    rockmissjess said:
    I don't think i want to spend $50 for the tank setup in IBtanked.. not to start thats half what my Zmax cost me...

Why would you spend 50 on an ibtanked? Its 19 bucks. After complaing about cost you then post up a 22 dollar tank setup that is not as nice? The price is so close its not even worth considering

22mm Cartomizer Tank

Overall still under 30 bucks, roughly half what you claim you would spend?

If you're willing to spend money on your mod, i'm not sure why you would want to go low end with your topper, its 50% of your setup, and arguably the more important half. You asked for suggestions, and many suggest ibtanked, if you have a price limit you should specify ;) Then people wont suggest something you don't want to purchase!
    :thumb: I agree with Volume Control.

IBTanked.

• $5 for the pyrex tube.
    • $17.50 for the end caps.
    • $2 for a drip tip.
    • $2.50 for the tank tool.
    • That adds up to $26.50, not $50. Cartos at IBTanked are $1.50 each, as cheap as you'll find them anywhere else.

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks - Review

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread