i would like to try a cartotank setup, but i need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_L_K_64

Aug 16, 2012
usa
i like the idea of a cartotank, and my wife really wants to switch to this (she hates taking care of her clearo, so i have been, but lately work has been more and more demanding) and i need suggestions on where to look

i usually go to mtbaker for most of my supplies, but their selection is almost nil for cartotanks, ive heard of ibtanked, but i have no idea what size to get or anything

Boge Products - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
^i would like to use any of those types of cartos, but i have no idea about what kind of tank to get that would work with them, could i get some ideas possibly?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
IBTanked is the easiest way to choose a tank I have found, and are the best tanks I have used. Under the complete tank page, you are given options to get everything you need. The diameter depends on your battery. 15mm for something the size of an ego battery, 22mm for a ProVari or similar diameter mod. HalfLing is the smallest in height, followed by standard, then XL.

Complete Tanks

You will also need the tool-

https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/tool/chrome-anodized-refilling-drip-tip-detail

I use the Smok cartos IBTanked sells and have been happy with them.

J_L_K_64

Aug 16, 2012
usa
IBTanked is the easiest way to choose a tank I have found, and are the best tanks I have used. Under the complete tank page, you are given options to get everything you need. The diameter depends on your battery. 15mm for something the size of an ego battery, 22mm for a ProVari or similar diameter mod. HalfLing is the smallest in height, followed by standard, then XL.

Complete Tanks

You will also need the tool-

https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/tool/chrome-anodized-refilling-drip-tip-detail

I use the Smok cartos IBTanked sells and have been happy with them.

my battery is the itaste mvp2, it has both ego threading and 510 threading, what size would i need?

edit--
i forgot, are driptips universal? or is there some form of distinction between them?

Last edited:

J_L_K_64

Aug 16, 2012
usa
Any drip tip should fit, if the tip is made properly. I have never had an issue with a drip tip fitting in a carto, but I only have high quality drip tips...

cool, i already have a couple from the iclear 30 tank i got that came with my mvp2 and i like them, but just not the tanks, so i was hoping i could use them instead

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
I used an MVP when I first went to the IBTanked. The 22 was my favorite size because it fit well and held plenty of liquid. I went with the 22xl but you would be fine with a 22 standard. As Mowgli mentioned the drip tip from your iclear30 would not work.

If you are looking for inexpensive drip tips and don't mind the wait, Fastech has a ton of them in 510 size.

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
22 is the width of the tank. The thread on the carto will be a 510 style. If you go through the IBTanked site and use the complete tank option then the 22 cartomizer tank option. Be sure and get a tank tool for filling and I would order some extra cartos in whatever size you choose. I typically go with a 3.2 Ohm, single coil, 2 hole. When you buy 10 or more cartos from their site you get a pretty solid price on them.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
22MM IBtanked on an MVP
2KFTsyr.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:
Status