i6 and i7 510 atomisers rubber on the bottom comes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanite

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Moscow
Hi,

Received my GGTS with some 7.4 batteries and some i6 and i7 atoms.

One of each of the atomisers has gone bust in about a day's worth of use. I'm quite sure it's not the spring inside which has burnt. I was just testing them out, seeing how they work. What I've found though is that the little sillicone/rubber ring at the bottom of the atomisers (which separates the anode and the cathode?) has started to come off.

My question is. What's the real purpose of this little rubber ring? Is it possible to repair at home? What sort of material should be used? Could it be the reason for the malfunction? Or is it definitely only the spring which could have burnt?

Deetz

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Levittown, NY
I would speak to Imeo, he his very helpful. However from what I've been seeing lately it seems this happens from overtightening the GGTS. Atomizer should be put on first while telescoping body is loose on the batteries. Then close body part just until you feel slight resistence. Shouldn't be too tight or the pin could damage the atty. Hope this helps until you hear from him.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Exactly what deetz said. That silicone insulation part at the end of the threads is a separator for the + and - poles of the atomizer. If you over tighten the atomizer on any device you push the center post back into the housing and the silicone splits, and the two poles touch causing a short circuit and eventually atomizer failure. Like deetz said when attaching the 510 or any atomizer to the GGTS always put the atomizer on the cap before installing the cap to the body of the device. You can then push the center pole of the atty cap into the atomizers poles finger tight, then when you screw down the telescopic part you know you can stop when you feel it touch the battery inside.

Hope this helps you out.

urbanite

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Moscow
cheers guys, after some digging about yeah found that the center pole has sunk on the atoms :( bugger....

I was following the instructions with regards to putting the atomiser on the cap first then pushing the center pole till I feel it touch and then screwing the whole thing together.... probably using too much force when screwing the telescoping part in then...

Any one knows if it's possible to pull the center pole out on the atom? It's a bit of a shame to waste two perfectly good atoms at 9 something pounds each...

Giulio

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Italy
I would speak to Imeo, he his very helpful. However from what I've been seeing lately it seems this happens from overtightening the GGTS. Atomizer should be put on first while telescoping body is loose on the batteries. Then close body part just until you feel slight resistence. Shouldn't be too tight or the pin could damage the atty. Hope this helps until you hear from him.

I understood this after breaking three atom :(

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
cheers guys, after some digging about yeah found that the center pole has sunk on the atoms :( bugger....

I was following the instructions with regards to putting the atomiser on the cap first then pushing the center pole till I feel it touch and then screwing the whole thing together.... probably using too much force when screwing the telescoping part in then...

Any one knows if it's possible to pull the center pole out on the atom? It's a bit of a shame to waste two perfectly good atoms at 9 something pounds each...

I will make atomizers with a fix for this issue Urb my friend because this Chinese thought about this kind of rubber is a waste of time. Please wait a little more for this.:)

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
I do put brief instructions in with every GGTS I sell stating how to correctly attach atomisers, but maybe I need to explain this issue specifically and detail how important it is not to over-tighten?

This photo shows 2 atomisers received from a customer that had been damaged by over-tightening. The atomiser at the bottom is a brand new, undamaged one.

damaged510comparison.jpg

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
This is a common problem along every line of PV Mods on the market today. I see it in just about every sub forum, people talking about atomizers that die out in a few minutes. It is usually because they have been put on the device with a little too much force. Maybe these atty connections need to be spring loaded some how to prevent this from happening.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
This is a common problem along every line of PV Mods on the market today. I see it in just about every sub forum, people talking about atomizers that die out in a few minutes. It is usually because they have been put on the device with a little too much force. Maybe these atty connections need to be spring loaded some how to prevent this from happening.

I have the solution Keith, dont worry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread