Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
So, today I got my tank from IBTanked and I'm having a hell of a time priming the cartomizer and it's really becoming a massive nuisance to the point I just want to put it away and never look at it again and face the fact I bought 25 Cartos and a $30 IBTanked carto-tank that won't ever be used.

I started off by doing what I saw in a video, which was putting the carto up through the tank with the tool, putting a couple drops ontop of the cartomizer and then pushing it all the way up into the tank so the liquid could go through the punched holes after I filled it (which I did). Flooded, ruined, garbage canned.

Cleaned it all back up, got out another cartomizer and did precisely what it said to on the manual that came with it. I did everything listed above apart from dripping a few drops on the top. I figured I dripped a drop down into the hole or something and it flooded. Instead, I just filled the tank on the side, pushed it up with the tool and capped it all off. Then, I put the tank fully assembled and filled into the "Thingy" and screwed the lid on and off. I saw no juice whatsoever so I kept doing it, then bam the thing just erupts with juice and floods like crazy. Ruined, garbage canned.

That's 2 cartos completely wasted. I'm really trying to like this thing and stray away from clearomizer tanks because I'm tired of flooding there too, but this thing is really ticking me off. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Not only that, but even the basics of it are annoying me. I bought the pro ring to go along with it from IBTanked and when screwing it down onto my Provari, it doesn't even screw in all the way because the Pyrex tank starts to slide on the cartomizer and you can't get a tighter screw-in. Then, when pulling out a drip tip, it pulls the tank off the cartomizer as well.

Overall, this is just extremely frustrating and I'm having a rough time understanding why these are so favored.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
just drop about 12 drops onto the sides of the top until it appears almost slushy ... insert into tank and fill tank.

don't give up ... IBTanks are awesome.

So, I just put 12 drops at the top of the cartomizer when it's in the tank, then fill the tank, push the cartomizer up and let it sit for how long? How will I know it's ready if I primed the top and all of the bottom part is still white? I'm confused.

As for Baditude's guide, his guide is referring to unpunched cartomizers and I'm not sure how it differs with punched ones.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
So, I just put 12 drops at the top of the cartomizer when it's in the tank, then fill the tank, push the cartomizer up and let it sit for how long? How will I know it's ready if I primed the top and all of the bottom part is still white? I'm confused.

As for Baditude's guide, his guide is referring to unpunched cartomizers and I'm not sure how it differs with punched ones.

I drop @12 drops down the top sides and let each drop soak in and rotate the carto so as I am dropping them even ... after about 12 drops, I insert the carto into the tank using the drip tip fill tool ... then fill the tank.

I've never flooded a carto or had a burnt hit ... if you look closely, you can even see the white fill becomes darker through the side punch holes.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Villiska, I'm not familiar with BadTrain but that is an awesome offer, hope ya take him up on it.

I got my 1st cartotank setup a bit over a week ago and with the videos and Baditudes blogs and such I've had nothing but the best vape.
Once you suss out what your missing in the priming and overall setup you're sure to be pleased.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Baditude's blog is for punched cartos. But it doesn't matter, priming is the same for both. I flood my cartos when I prime them. I do it on purpose to make absolutely sure the filler is saturated. Then I insert them into my tank, fill the tank with juice, then before putting the drip tip on, blow into the top end to push out some of the juice in the carto. Then assemble. It might be a tad bit flooded for the first few hits but it goes away and after that it's good until I run out of juice or the carto gets clogged.

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I learned everything I know about cartomizers and tanks from Baditude! ;)

Listen Villiska,

Flooding a cartomizer doesn't ruin it! Hell, I purposefully flood mine(a little) to keep from having an initial dry burn(that does ruin a cartomizer).

Insert the top of the cartomizer into the bottom of the IBTank about 3/4 of the way to the top of the tank, fill with fluid about 3/4 of the way full, then insert the cartomizer the rest of the way, sealing it inside the tank. Insert the tank into the IBTanked plastic tube and screw the cap on and off until the fluid just barely starts coming out the bottom of the cartomizer. There is no need to drop any fluid into the top of the cartomizer doing it this way! Figure about 10-20 twists, depending on how thick the fluid is/how large the holes are in the cartomizer. Now, once it's flooded, you have guaranteed you won't dry burn it! Remove the tank from the plastic tube, and blow from the top down. You don't need to remove the carto from the tank...just do it with it all together. You can also take a paper towel and roll one of the pointed edges up really tight and insert it inside the bottom hole of the carto to soak up excess fluid. Once you've done that, top off the tank...and you're ready to vape!

Flooding doesn't ruin a cartomizer! Fish those baby back outta the trash!

Last edited:

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Villiska, I'm PM'ing you my number.
Call me. Let me explain something to you.
I've been using this same set up for months.

I really really appreciate this, but I finally got it to work when I took my time with it and let myself stop being frustrated. It is a very nice vape and I do notice a bit more flavor with it. I'm getting quite a lot of vapor too but that could be the juice I'm using and it being the first time using it so I wouldn't know (bombies, 'nana cream). I do need more practice with it, but I think I got it. I'm still going to take my AeroTank to work with me because I'm not fully confident in it yet, but it looks sweet.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I learned everything I know about cartomizers and tanks from Baditude! ;)

Listen Villiska,

Flooding a cartomizer doesn't ruin it! Hell, I purposefully flood mine(a little) to keep from having an initial dry burn(that does ruin a cartomizer).

Insert the top of the cartomizer into the bottom of the IBTank about 3/4 of the way to the top of the tank, fill with fluid about 3/4 of the way full, then insert the cartomizer the rest of the way, sealing it inside the tank. Insert the tank into the IBTanked plastic tube and screw the cap on and off until the fluid just barely starts coming out the bottom of the cartomizer. There is no need to drop any fluid into the top of the cartomizer doing it this way! Figure about 10-20 twists, depending on how thick the fluid is/how large the holes are in the cartomizer. Now, once it's flooded, you have guaranteed you won't dry burn it! Remove the tank from the plastic tube, and blow from the top down. You don't need to remove the carto from the tank...just do it with it all together. You can also take a paper towel and roll one of the pointed edges up really tight and insert it inside the bottom hole of the carto to soak up excess fluid. Once you've done that, top off the tank...and you're ready to vape!

Flooding doesn't ruin a cartomizer! Fish those baby back outta the trash!

Oh, damn. I better go get those cartos out of the trash then. They're both very primed and flooded and I lost quite a bit of juice doing it. However, after I get them out, what am I supposed to do with them? I have one tank and a primed Carto so I guess I'll put them in a plastic baggy to avoid a mess and then use them later on in the future or something. I imagine by then the juice will be out of them anyway.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I gave up on cartos when I first started vaping because they are kind of a pain to prime and I bought a cheapy tank that kept slipping. People here gave me the courage to try them again and with more experience behind me, I was able to do a better job. I have now moved to an RTA which gives me even better flavor. And I can still use my IBTanked tanks so I'm a happy vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread