The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IBTanks... Show em off pt.2

Discussion in 'Carto Tanks' started by Captain Pegleg, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    IBTANKED.... Show em off | E-Cigarette Forum

I just got my first IBTank today! I hopped over to the "show it off" thread but, alas, it was locked because of no posts in 90 days. I want to show mine off, not because it is gorgeous and on an expensive battery like many I saw, but because it is...well...different, and I love it. This is my first cartotank, I went small because I vape at work (which considers it Smoking so not allowed...ugh!) and keep it in my pocket all day. I also went cheap, because I wasn't sure if I would like it. So here you have it, my cheap, small, wonderful, almost-empty because I can't put it down, IBTanked cartotank!
    image.jpg

Cute and awkward, just like a hobbit. If I could find a battery this short or shorter but as fat as a mod, that would be rad.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    I also hope to use this thread for troubleshooting on behalf of those new to cartotanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Some things I've learned so far with this tiny halfling tank:

1. Unicorn tipped bottle, mandatory. Syringe works well but much less convenient.

2. For refilling, push tank's carto with another carto, while holding tank's base at other end (as suggested in the instructions that came with tank, awesome btw) Do so slowly. Do not try to yank from battery end as you will pull the whole thing out.

3. After priming carto for first time, WAIT. No matter how perfectly I felt I primed it, they (tried 3 cartos) would not suck in juice from the tank, no matter how hard I pulled, no matter how much outside air I cut off - an hour later though, they worked perfectly. A bubble after each puff! Carto stays moist. Patience is a virtue.

4. I need a bigger, prettier tank to use at home :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. down-south-vaper

down-south-vaper Full Member

May 24, 2015
    Pensacola Beach
    I really like the previous post setup. What is it...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    It's an Atmistique Diver v2 Enzelis Edition in a 22mm IBTanked with a Loki Labs Stub drip tip on top of a GP Paps v3 LUX with an 18350 tube.

• Like Like x 1
  7. down-south-vaper

down-south-vaper Full Member

May 24, 2015
    Pensacola Beach
    So about how much did all that cost if you don't mind me asking?
    I recently got the mvp 3.0 pro kit and am happy with it but it's just so big to take everywhere and I still use a little ego starter kit because if having to take lung hits on the mvp w/isub g

8. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    You can currently get a 22mm IBTanked for $25, a Diver v2 for about $42, and GP Paps v3 LUX for about $83, and a Loki Lab Stub drip tip for $10.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    You build your own coils with that setup? What resistance do you vape at?

10. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I LOVE ibtankeds! They look great on a Provari! Its about the only tank I use! It truly is a Tootle Puffer's dream! Heres some pics I've taken over time of different ones I have!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    An hour?!? How are you priming your carts? I use the "thingy" to prime my carts. Its ready to go instantly.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    I made the switch to rebuildables a little over two years ago. I previously used cartomizers and cartomizer tanks and I got into rebuildable submersible atomizers like the Killer 705 and the Diver v1 and v2 that fit in cartomizer tanks. I hear that the Sophia by Leo is also a very good submersible RBA that goes in a cartomizer tank (perhaps the best in class) although I have never used one. All of them are recommended to be built with non-resistance and resistance wire and welding, twisting, or crimping the two can be pain. I don't really use them anymore as I found them to be a bit prone to leaking, but I enjoyed them for quite a long time and every now and then I break them out and use them.

I used to use 1.5ohm cartomizers and I like to build my RBAs a little lower at 1.2 or 1.3ohms.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    I've been using carto tanks for the last couple of years, but I just bought my first IBTankeds.
    image.jpg
    I'll come back and post a picture later when I fill one up! I'm excited to use a really nice tank.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Oh I tried the Thingy, twisted the lid a ton; dry pulled, even cutting the air off, flooded intentionally - I dunno what the deal was, it just wouldnt draw liquid from the tank for a while. 80-90% PG too. Maybe the small size of my tank (19mm halfling), maybe super tight filler in my batch of cartos, no clue why they wouldnt refill from the tank right at first - but they all worked fine after priming and just letting sit a while. 0 issues since that first day.

15. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I've always found the halfling hard to do. Maybe it can't form a good vacuum in such a small space like that. I think I used it twice and said screw it. I only use the standard 22mm tanks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I never used the thingy, I just stick a toothpick in the hole in the center to plug it, fill from a bottle to the rim of the carto, set it aside and let it soak up. After it soaks up, I'll add a bit more, if that happens to flood it a little, I blow it out.

17. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    I have always just dropped into the carto to prime them. Takes a few minutes, waiting for 5 drops to absorb and do it again, etc. Not a big deal. But this was the first time priming with the thingy, and it worked fantastically well for me (but these are XL tanks).

I love the little halflings, I need to get a couple.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    The Thingy works, but really it's just an extra step that's unnecessary, imo. Was kinda tough to screw and unscrew the lid on mine *shrug* other priming methods work just as well, yeah even just putting it in the tank and then filling them both and pulling :)

19. EverPresentNoob

EverPresentNoob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    DC Metro area
    To the OP, you wanted a short batt that is fat like a normal mod... Have you looked into a mod base on a 18350 battery? I bought a cartel mod and it came with tubes for the 18350, 18500 and 18650. the 350 with a derringer on top is about 3-4 inches long base to tip of the drip tip. nice short pocket friendly. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    It's hard to find a shorter mod than an 18350 mechanical (like the one I posted above). The Derringer is a short atomizer, but I think the OP wants to stick with IBTanks (like the Halfling in the OP's picture in the first post).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.