[ibtimes.com] - PAH and PBDE danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr4

Aug 26, 2011
France
Hello fellow vapers, a friend sent me that article on potential PAH and PBDE danger of e-cigs.
Is there anyone who can shed some light on whether there's something to that or not?
Regards,
A.

http://www. ibtimes. com/e-cigarettes-one-million-times-more-harmful-air-hong-kong-chinese-study-finds-2327122

E-Cigarettes One Million Times More Harmful Than Air In Hong Kong, Chinese Study Finds

Last edited by a moderator:

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
Hong Kong biology professor cannot understand the difference between mLs of e-liquid and mLs of breathing air

Monday, 29 February 2016 19:57

By Dr Farsalinos

Today I received a large number of messages about a new scary story in the media, coming from Hong Kong. The story says that e-cigarettes are “a million times” more harmful than outdoor air. I was intrigued to see what kind of a story that was, and once again I was shocked. Not only it is another story far distanced from the truth but, if the statement of an assistant professor of biology is accurately reported, it is a complete disgrace for the scientist, the department and the university.

(Dr. Farsalinos explains scientifically why the supposed results are wrong, and concludes:)

There are only two possibilities: either the scientists have no idea about what they are talking about, or they are deliberately misinforming the public and the regulators. Even worse, they are creating panic to vapers (the vast majority of whom are former smokers), with the risk of making them relapse to smoking. This is a typical case of gross misinformation and extremely poor science. Literally, a public health disgrace… The reporters of this “study” (not authors, because there is no published study) need to immediately apologize to the public for creating this story out of nothing.

To read Dr. Farsalinos's entire page:
Hong Kong biology professor cannot understand the difference between mLs of e-liquid and mLs of breathing air

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello fellow vapers, a friend sent me that article on potential PAH and PBDE danger of e-cigs.
Is there anyone who can shed some light on whether there's something to that or not?
Regards,
A.

[http://www. ibtimes. com/e-cigarettes-one-million-times-more-harmful-air-hong-kong-chinese-study-finds-2327122

E-Cigarettes One Million Times More Harmful Than Air In Hong Kong, Chinese Study Finds
As these kinds of reports come out, where are the reports of doctors treating illnesses caused by using ecigs? I'm sure the CDC has a secret underground bunker staffed 24/7 frantically searching the world for such reports and they'll share them with us without delay--when there are some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread