Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
As many or most of you are aware by now , there has been a volcano erupting, and had grounded now thousands of flights, sooooooo, due to this, I am certain there will be a delay in shipping.

Hang tight, heck some of you are certainly caught up in it all lol

For those that are, hope your doing just fine.

rick

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
This is effecting the entire world actually, flights are canceled by the thousands in almost one hemisphere of the planet. Who really knows the effects this is going to have. None the less, eastmall is still shipping for sure. It's just that no one can really say , thus the notice , and condolences for those caught up in it all.

I have followed this a bit, and it seems that not only are thousands litterally stuck in airports and some lucky hotels, but many have not had showers ect. as would be expected after almost one week of closed airlines. '

Here is an article from just 15 minutes ago showing some of the global "ripple effects " from this thing.

(CBS/AP) While the volcanic ash cloud covering parts of Europe continues to wreak havoc for airlines - costing the industry more than $1 billion as of Monday - grounding most of the continent's air travel for several days has had a ripple effect extending far beyond Europe's borders.

The following is a collection of international anecdotes demonstrating how the ash cloud has done more than hit airlines' bottom lines and inconvenienced air travelers.

• The lack of refrigeration facilities at the airport in capital of the West African nation of Ghana has been a big blow to pineapple and pawpaw farmers who sell to Europe because of the lack of flights. As of Tuesday, no cargo flights have taken off yet.

• In Africa, a group of five people from Sierra Leone and Liberia had to abandon a fact-finding trip to the war crimes trial of former Liberian President Charles Taylor in The Hague.

• In Kenya, thousands of day laborers are out of work because produce and flowers can't be exported amid the flight cancellations. Kenya has thrown away 10 million flowers - mostly roses - since the volcano eruption. Asparagus, broccoli and green beans meant for European dinner tables are being fed to Kenyan cattle because storage facilities are filled to capacity.

• The U.S. Travel Association estimates that the ash cloud produced by the eruption has cost the U.S. economy $650 million, approximately $130 million per day. That kind of loss to the economy affects the cashflow to fund about 6,000 American jobs, the association said. Every international flight bound for the U.S. is worth an average of $450,000 in spending from travelers, which the association says pays for five jobs per flight.
source~more
But this only applies to our misfortunate European friends - right?

Or would there also be EMS delays from China to Australia and the US?

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Mad Magazine Collection XTRAS_04

The International Squamish Federation is in negotiation with Eastmall for a short term lease of our prime mode of transport.

we are currently in prototype trials of the latest china transport,--

the -- " Push me -- Pull you "

however things are not going well as the transport does not seem to go very far from its starting point.........
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:8-o8-o8-o

big_151225404137.jpg

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
During the recent global financial crisis, Great Britain asked for cash. Since the Icelandic language doesn't contain the letter C, all they got was ash. Anyway it will only be four more weeks. You know, smoke monster Locke!

hahahahahahahahah not bad, -------

not good, -- but not too bad, -- keep trying !!!!!!

you almost made me laugh with this one, --------

only managed a big smile though ----
:):):)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
BOO HOO hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Cant stop crying hysterically while waiting for my STUFF.

:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
sniffle, sob, wipes wet, drippy, snotty nose on sleeve,

yes, I know, :(:cry:

I have 2 out there too,

lost, alone, little arms outstretched, longingly, begging,
wandering lonely, and sniffleing, sobbing,
trying desperately to come to me, -----
:(:(:cry::cry:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
My poor little babies! I hope they are comforting each other on their extra long trip to NJ. They must think I have abondoned them - NEVER!

They will be ok, BN

they are with all the other lost lil packages,

an international bunch of orphans,
alone and lonely, :(
forlorn and sobbing :cry:

as they huddle together for warmth and comfort,
:(:(:(

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Is that whats all over this package that just arrived from EM that say di on it ? wow , drippy lil noses they are hehehe but there happy w/ e now :D I just smear off the sloppy crunchtified boogers and they started slobbering all over me , ran up my leg after climbing outta the wrapping and those lil wrappers EM tightly sets everything in went flying cross the room, and hugged me tight around the neck as they started screaming exuberantly ........ "" were home dad , were finally home " in resemblance to the way florence nightingale would accept her countless awards for screen play ..... :D

:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
sniffle, sob, wipes wet, drippy, snotty nose on sleeve,

yes, I know, :(:cry:

I have 2 out there too,

lost, alone, little arms outstretched, longingly, begging,
wandering lonely, and sniffleing, sobbing,
trying desperately to come to me, -----
:(:(:cry::cry:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Is that whats all over this package that just arrived from EM that say di on it ? wow , drippy lil noses they are hehehe but there happy w/ e now :D I just smear off the sloppy crunchtified boogers and they started slobbering all over me , ran up my leg after climbing outta the wrapping and those lil wrappers EM tightly sets everything in went flying cross the room, and hugged me tight around the neck as they started screaming exuberantly ........ "" were home dad , were finally home " in resemblance to the way florence nightingale would accept her countless awards for screen play ..... :D

I understand the slobbering all over you, -
you like slobber --

running up your -- leg to your neck ?? :evil:
hahahahaha mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok........

hows your jelly ??????? hahahaha is it hard enough yet??
:evil:

Last edited:

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
DS- are you pulling my leg about the phone directory????

Di - my bottom lip is sticking out so far - it keeps bumping into things as I walk around crying!:(:(:(

Seriously - do you know of anyone in the USA that has received a package this week???

Serious - they don't have surnames. Example :
1) Jon has a son named Thor Jonsson and a daughter named Hafdis Jonsdottir.
2) Thor Jonsson has a son named Bjarni Thorsson and a daughter named Frida Thorsdottir.
3) And so forth.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
DS- are you pulling my leg about the phone directory????

Di - my bottom lip is sticking out so far - it keeps bumping into things as I walk around crying!:(:(:(

Seriously - do you know of anyone in the USA that has received a package this week???

watch out for DSK, barenetted,

he is a tricky one, - fun, - but tricky --:evil::evil::evil:

and no, I do not know if anyone in USA has got package since at least 1 week before this started.....
I sent package to my friend on the 7th -,
it didnt get there yet,
neither his to me. :(:(:(:(

hahahhaha, I see your lip is big enuf to trip over - !!!!!!!!!

big-lips-934.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread