Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
THe tube in the cartomizer had fluid in it OR there was fluid sitting on top that you sucked in. Most likely fluid in the tube. Usually after a fresh fill, I will blow through the cartomizer from the mouth piece side with something under the fresh cart to catch fluid that comes out. Then use as normal.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Add one more step to your filling...blow them out when you are done filling and spinning...a quick blow on the mouth end with a tissue on the battery end will tell you if it's overfilled, and will get the extra juice out that would end up in your mouth.

Yep. Gotta give it a quick blowout or you will wind up with juice in your mouth, especially if you use the carto right after filling. You'll get used to the routine after a little time.

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
I just filled 4 cartos 'cause I'm goin' on the road tomorrow (job interview 3 hours from here and I don't want to smell like an ashtray when I get there). After I read your post, I got worried and checked 'em. 3 of them were a little bubbly on the 1st draw; I had to draw slowly at first. But they're all OK now.

Is it possible you got some juice on the threads? I'm new at this too, and although I understand the air flowpath through the atty/cart, I'm not really sure of the flowpath for a carto. However I do know the air has to go through the hole at the threaded end, so you have to keep liquid out of it.

To fill, take both condoms off. The one over the threads has a ".... plug" like a rubber thumb tack that goes into the hole at the threads; set that aside. Put juice in the other condom, and slowly push the mouthpiece of the carto into it until you just see juice in the hole at the threaded end. Put the .... plug back into the hole, then put the condom over it to seal the threaded end. Empty remaining juice from the other condom, wipe the mouthpiece off and slide the condom over it. Do the taryn spin (pretty vigorously) so the juice flows toward the threaded end. I got a mouthful of juice the first time I filled a carto. Since I've been doing it this way, I haven't had a problem.

20-second taryn spin with 1.5-foot length of twine has been working for me. If you use something short, you won't produce nearly as much centrifugal force, so you may have to spin much longer than 20 seconds.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Add one more step to your filling...blow them out when you are done filling and spinning...a quick blow on the mouth end with a tissue on the battery end will tell you if it's overfilled, and will get the extra juice out that would end up in your mouth.

This is the "Secret" step on filling a carto. Cartos don't hit well if they are over filled also.

After I fill a carto, I give it a Very gently hit without connecting it to the battery. If there is any gurgling or if air isn't freely flowing thru the carto, it needs to be blow out.

Remember to clean the carto and the battery with a q-tip before you vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread