iClear 30 low ohms/not registering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Mt Baker Vapor order yesterday that consisted of my itaste MVP2 with the iClear30. Well, after using the iClear30 for a couple hours, it register .4 ohms, then 0 ohms.

Anyone know how to fix this, or should I just toss it. I would really like to keep using this tank so if anyone knows how to fix it, it would be appreciated.

Been saving for a rebuild-able tank, but my Tesla broke (2nd one to break,) so I had to buy a replacement and went with the MVP2 because of the price. So now I cannot buy a new tank until I save up.

Thanks in advance!

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I've had this happen with tanks other than an iClear. You have to be very careful you don't overtighten the tank onto the device, cos this can push the centre pin back up into the tank. Better to just screw it in until the parts make contact and leave it there, less pressure on the centre pin then. Hope this helps :)

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Just guessing here 'cause I don't have an MVP, do have an iclear 30 and a 134 however.

This seems like an MPV problem, not an iclear 30 problem. It is impossible to push the pin on my iclear 30 in too far on my setup because the skirt bottoms out on the 134's beauty/airflow ring before that can occur. Therefore one can't over tighten it.

I suspect Trouble is correct in suggesting the iclear 30 was overtightened on the MVP. My iclear 30 works fine. Ordered a couple more a few days ago.

best regards, larry mac

best regards, larry mac

Just got on here and seen the replies. I am beginning to think you guys are right about it being an MVP problem, which is not great news, since I went through 2 Teslas and was hoping that the simplicity of this device would solve the problems I run in to. The only thing that works on this MVP2 is my vision BCC, which I have to use an adapter for since its ego threaded. Maybe I will try to pull the pin on the MVP2 to make contact

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Most of my toppers have slightly different 510 connector lengths. So you've got to be really careful about overtightening onto your mod. I had to pull the pin out on a friends ego battery the other day. He'd changed toppers from a CE5 to a nova and was complaining that his battery was broken after just 2 weeks use. I told him to lay off the weights a bit cos he'd torqued the nova down too tight :laugh:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I've measured the 510 connector depth on MVP, MVP2, VW 3.0 and SVD... they are consistent, but they seem to be deeper than your "typical" 510 connector at an average of 0.170" (4.31mm).
My mechs, set at the most common useable depths for RD and RBAs average .136"... and borrowed Vamo and Sigelei APVs measure either side of .155".

So yeah, Innokin seems to have an issue with deep 510 connectors. :)

Oh... forgot to mention. I (fairly easily) made an insulated spacer that shortens the depth .025" for those attys that have trouble on Innokins.

Last edited:
Oh... forgot to mention. I (fairly easily) made an insulated spacer that shortens the depth .025" for those attys that have trouble on Innokins.

Stateoflux, how did you do this? I left my first mvp2 at a bar last week and bought a new one. I just got it yesterday, making sure not to over tighten the new iclear that came with it, and it already stopped working.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle

Stateoflux, how did you do this? I left my first mvp2 at a bar last week and bought a new one. I just got it yesterday, making sure not to over tighten the new iclear that came with it, and it already stopped working.
Oh... you've quoted me, without a quote box. It took me a few seconds to figure out that the first sentence was mine, not yours. :laugh:

I tossed the spacer, tried a tiny magnet... didn't like that either... all a bit too "loose" for my tastes. ;-)

Finally, I simply shortened the 510 collar with a file. Took about .015" off the top of it and the beauty ring as well. As I've drilled the beauty ring and collar, re-cutting the 4 air slots in the top wasn't necessary... but you can do it if drilling isn't your speed.

Here are the details of drilling the beauty ring, 510 collar and why I did it.

And another for iClear 30 issues.

I just stumbled upon this thread after having the same type of issues with a few iclear30. At first I thought like everybody that I wasn't making contact. My ohm reading on my MVP2 or VV3 were displaying "non" or "A 0.0". Pushed the pin out, re-screwed, cleaned the contacts etc...nothing worked.

I found the culprit, well in my case. Since it was always after a refilling, I decided to remove the rubber cap on top of the coils to look at them. The top coil seemed like it wasn't straight and might even touch the side of the chimney. I took a tweezer and re-centered the top coil. Replaced back the rubber cap. While screwing back top part with the drip tip, I noticed that if you screw it too tight, the rubber cap, coils and chimney start turning. My theory is that this moves the coils and the MVP 2.0 short protection prevent the tank from firing. So I just screwed it back snug but not tight and everything works perfect as before.

Hope this helps!

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
Been having this problem also with the MVP2 and Innokin 30. The MVP2 has an ohm reader and many time I get " non " which of course is not working. Then put the same clearo on a Twist Ego and no problem....so it is the MVP2 connection. I have tried pushing the 30 pin down some, sometimes this works, sometimes not. Aggravating. Got a good deal at 101 Vapes for these but would like it to work right too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread