iClear30, Protank or something else with an MVP 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some (not all) MVP's seem to have issues with certain 510-threaded juice attachments. I have a MVP-1 which will accept ego threaded and some 510-threaded devices without an issue, but would not make electrical connection with my Ikenvape cartomizers in my IBTanked cartotanks.

Since I also use a couple of Provari's, it wasn't a big deal for me to be limited to Kanger Protanks and iClear 30 clearomizers on the MVP. Between those two, I prefer the iClear 30. Larger juice capacity, dual top coils, 16 wicks, adjustable mouthpiece, better flavor and vapor production.

Last edited:

Shaybabe.15

Nov 5, 2013
Ogden, UT
In all honesty, with any of the MVP's you would want to go with cartos-double punched. I've found that they give the best taste and vapor (although I'm a carto fan-trying not to be bias). I think that there's a lot more work that goes into wicks than need-be. Cartos are easy and tend to last longer if you know how to make that happen. I love all MVP's, the original, MVP 2 and the MVP vvv3.

I give clearo's respect, but more and more people are leaning off of them for good reason. The only thing close to a clearo I will use is a clear-carto.which is basically a carto but with the wicks inside instead of mesh.

telegraph

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
TN, USA
I like cartomizers also, especilly the Smok dual coils. They are called "megacaromizers" and come in 510 threads and ego size. The ego DCHV's are huge.
I also use evod clearos that are wonderful. And after some finnagling with the coil head end, got the T3 working also.
My MVP2 came with the iClear30, which is great, but have had some problems with liquid leaking into air tube, despite filling only to the 3 ml mark.

Bottom line preference is cartos with evods a close second.

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
I like my PT2 best on my MVP. I think what is really important is whatever you choose, get to know how it works well and how to address any issues it might have. My MVP came with the iclear 30 and it is a very good clearo, but I have already became more familiar with the Evod/Protank 2 setup and I am able to keep it working the way I like. Don't worry, you will be bias to a certain setup in no time!!!! :) If yours came with the icear 30 just play with it and do some research. It may just be the perfect setup for you.

shellro07

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado, USA
Thanks everyone. I'll try the Protank and of course the iClear30. As far as cartos go, I've used those when I initially got my Halo G6 and thought they were ok but I enjoyed the mini tanks so much better! The flavors of the juices seemed so much more pronounced. BUT, if there are any that would work with the MVP, I'd be willing to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Started with the original iclear30 that it came with, loved it, performed great. Later on, the Protank2 became my tank of choice due to the cooler flavor and crisp taste, but couldn't fire my device higher than 4v or 7w without getting a hint of burnt taste.

Then along came the iclear30-s and pretty much bumped my PT2 onto an ego battery and my iclear30 into my parts box...

dxxm34.jpg

For me, the 30-s is a match made perfect, taste and vapor for my 100% VG is on the borderline of too much ;)

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I'm a big big fan of the iClear30. Love them.

Much better vape than all of my protanks. (I rarely touch any of the three protanks I own now that I have used the iClears for so long.)

I have a whole slew of tanks of this make or another but if you want a good cheap RBA grab a RSST. Great Vapor, superior taste.

As far as clearos go I would stick with the iClear.

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
Hmm, I've got my MVP 2, protank 2 and iclear 30 all coming in the mail right now! If you're still looking for an answer in like a week send me a message and I might be able to help ya!

Probably won't need to though, everyone here is pretty knowledgeable about this type of thing. I'm sure the protank 2 will work great with it as long as the voltage is set up to your liking

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
I liked the the I30 when I first got my MVP 2, but I had no top end tank to compare it to until I got myself a Protank 2, I've used that exclusively since then.

But I do prefer a bottom coil compared to the I30's dual, the I30 is special with citrus juices, gives those a huge punch IMO but citrus juice has tank cracking potential and with I30 not being pyrex glass like the PT2 it's not the best idea.

You'll probably find yourself circulating between the two for different juices, all comes down to your personal preference really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread