ICON V1.1 - Satin stainless steel or media blasted stainless steel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
a6934812-6f3c-70ba.jpg

Media Blasted ICON with stainless steel DCA 306. My daily vaping machine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
I should be able to give more detail on my opinion of the stainless vs media blasted as I purchased a stainless Prodigy off of the classifieds here and it is set to arrive tomorrow. I will let you know what I think, but the media blasted is a beautiful finish.

I look forward to hearing what you think. I think I have this delima solved. A media blasted ICON and an extra tube in stainless.

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
Wish I had a macro lens for my camera so this would come out better. Maybe you can tell something from this, maybe not.
20120201_223855.jpg

My personal preference is the media blasted. I really like the two tone appeal, I will say its a very gradual difference that from a distance is almost not even noticeable except the SS reflects more light. Hope this helps! I like your idea, get the extra tube so you can change it up :). I might have to take that advice.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
Wish I had a macro lens for my camera so this would come out better. Maybe you can tell something from this, maybe not.
View attachment 76286

My personal preference is the media blasted. I really like the two tone appeal, I will say its a very gradual difference that from a distance is almost not even noticeable except the SS reflects more light. Hope this helps! I like your idea, get the extra tube so you can change it up :). I might have to take that advice.

That was my first thought, to have the stainless tube in case I like that finish better or just want to change it. My second idea is to see if I can get a custom engraving on the extra tube. If they screw it up, I still have a complete ICON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread