Idea for minimising leaks into mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Idea for minimising leaks into mouth -

Those carts that have a seperable end piece (such as the 901 ones I have) - insert a little cotton wool inside to catch any liquid leak; not so much as to restrict air flow though. If inhale does get hard because the cotton wool has become soaked, carefully replace it.

This might loosen the tight fit of that cap though so if it does become too loose, replace the cart.

Vapaholic

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 24, 2009
B.C. Canada.
I tried using a folded up piece of paper towel, tissue paper, coffee filter, tea bag, a couple of months ago with my 901. When the vapor passes through the material it picks up it's scent and mixes in with the final flavor/taste. It did the job of blocking the liquid, but the taste was not satisfying. Wet paper vapor. No thanks. Will try the poly. I think it's too small of a space. Will become clogged very quickly. But it's a worth a try. Thanks!!

MadeyeTony

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Michigan
thanks for the tip. I am sure this will come in real handy with my 901 (seems as how I always seem to get a bit too much in there or the atty lol).Does anyone know if you can use a 501 tip with a 901?

The 510 is a little loose in the 901. I just took a pair of needle nose pliers and gently crimped the end of the atty. You don't have to do it much. Just work slowly and consistently around the end of the atty til it is a nice snug fit.

Vapaholic

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 24, 2009
B.C. Canada.
I took a lighter and heated the plastic just hot enough to widen it with a bic pen. Worked perfect. Opps. I'm talking about my black 901 mouth piece that came from china. The ones i have don't fit my 901, but were made for 901, so that's what i did.

The 510 might be alittle harder to do though. I guess your gonna have to crimp the atty.

Last edited:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
The problem is though that it's not just a matter of flow under gravity, The puff is going to keep it pulled to that end.

Thae cart (the air flow parts of) provide a place for recondensed vapor to gather even without and ctton wool in place. Should help a bit to have the air-indents diaogonal to the bridge.

The best solution is a redesign so that the liquid is behind the coil, and the distance from coil to mouth is shorter given less problems with recondensing inside the e-cig. The key benefit would be that leakage would be caught by the metal foam if the juice is behnd the coil (the metal bridge would point to the back; or a second one).

What would make the system even better would be to use vaporisation pressure to emit only vapor through a nozzle or valve, such that liquid cannot pass through (except as a mist).

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Well the 510 cart seems to hold a bit more liquid. Plus I prefer a round cart, and it easier to find 510 carts then the round 901s. Just my $.02:)

I have 510s so I'll keep using 510 tips then.
I prefer a whistle with automatic, but hard to line up with a button.
So I like rounds with the manual batteries.

I think the sleek design is for public acceptance. It would be great to see more options.

I'm surprised noone is making them longer and even bulbous for increased capacity. I was hoping a 910 might be bigger :p

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I've done this. Right now I'm doing the new TB method. I don't remove the filler on my carts (except for cleaning) so I just add drops. I've notice with both ways, unless you let it sit for awhile, you will get liquid in the mouth.
The only exception is if I blow into the open end of the cart real hard a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread