Idle Chat about anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey IKEN what kind of deals can we expect on KR stuff? What flavors for the cartomizers?

Hi Athlon
At the moment we have them set at 39.99 for the full on kits that come complete with 6 cartomizers, 2 batteries, usb charger, and usb wall charger . I we went with white with an orange led for users that still feel a bit uncomfortable in public and for the user's that want that realistic feeling of visuals and actual feeling of the real thing. We only have Classic tobacco flavored. I'm not one to like tobacco all that much but these actually really do taste great. Infact I kept a kit for myself. :D
We're definitely looking to add more flavors and nicotine levels very soon.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Sounds good! Looking forward to more flavors:D
Lol me too!
I did not see any cartomizers for the KR8 on your website. Do you carry any and if so what flavors and strengths?:)
Hey buddy, I didn't order enough just yet for individual packs of carty's, but no worries, we'll have a pretty sweet mix and match deal.:D

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
There sure seems to be a lot of interest in the cartomizers these days. I have yet to try one cause I have been pretty satisfied with my drip routine. This has gotten my curiousity up and running tho. Can you inform me of te benefits and the drawbacks of the cartomizers?
Thanks in advance for replies.

Sure can Aspen
Well where to begin..
Advantages
of cartomizers are ridiculously long liquid lives. They even top out past 2 fully charged KR batteries lasting around 5-6 hours total. The flavor is intense and the strongest in my opinion, which I'm sure enough to make that statement without a worry. The actual feel of vapor travel is absolutely there. Infact the pulls are tight enough to feel just like the real thing (no joke) The cartridge portion wicks so well that vapor production on a standard battery almost matches a high voltage mod.
It is as if the cartomizer harness all the good traits of every atomizer and utilizes them with complete finesse. I found myself converting a few days ago. I tried a 510 again today, took a few pulls and noticed I needed to drip already " Are you serious?" Back to carty's for me :lol:

Disadvantages
of cartomizers are some times upon receiving them fresh from anywhere, the chances of them being filled all the way is a hit or miss.
Suppliers cannot change this unless they tamper with the sealed casings that they come in. Just because the cartridge lasts very long, it still uses the same if not more juice consumption. TO properly re-fill a cartridge 15-18 drops is needed. Refilling them can be quite messy. To ensure a cleaner solution paper towels or something absorbent and flat should be laid down. Cartomizer's cannot handle 5-6 volts appropriately.
They will indeed get very hot and depending on the method of the user, it can burn their lips. Refilling can also be a hassle if you don't have an appropriate tool to remove the top cap without harming the center hole. Cartomizers are made to be disposable so they will die out before a regular standard atomizer, you can only get so many uses out of them. So when you drop off 18 or so drips let it sit for a few minutes then attach it to a battery, and come to find out that it has burned out. Thats not ever a good feeling.

So this is everything laid out my man. I still say even tho you have your disadvantages, the advantages are still superior and for the average price tag that they have on them '7.95' for a 5 pack, it still worth a shot. God, I wish had these separate packs NOW!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Iken ,Thanks a lot for the informative post on cartomizers. I will be taking your advise and give it a shot. Sounds like there are some good advantages. Thank you very much sir.
You got it Aspen :)
I think your really going to like em. :thumbs:

Hey Iken good buddy how is your new year starting out? I look forward to see what flavs your going to have with the Cartimizers. reg tobacco is okay but we need some newport flavs...:) lol
Hey hey, pretty good brother. How is yours? Thought we were going to get together sometime since your on vacation. Tobacco is actually really nice but I know you and your newport smokin ways lol Don't worry Menthol is at the top of the list ;)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
could you mod a lightsaber handle into a 510 PV? If so would I need to order one and send it to you or could you make it and sell it to me?

heres something like what I was thinking:

Star Wars 2009 Force FX Collectible Asajj Ventress Lightsaber Pre-Order ships January

Yow, that has to be the most expensive light sabre I ever saw! Well made by hasbro atleast. That thing will be huge though! You got me thinking though, I know there's keychain type out there. hmmm
This one as it is will be Huge. You don't want to take this thing out in public!

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
Yow, that has to be the most expensive light sabre I ever saw! Well made by hasbro atleast. That thing will be huge though! You got me thinking though, I know there's keychain type out there. hmmm
This one as it is will be Huge. You don't want to take this thing out in public!

Well it doesn't have to be that one, theres like 800 different ones out there. I got blammed on another thread for not supplying a link so...

These HV mods are big enough to be a lightsaber handle but I'm looking for one with more cosmetic do dads on it that look like a real saber handle, I'd also like to be able to wear it on a clip on the side of my hip like Luke.

PS. I know I'm a dork but I don't think I'd be the only person to buy one.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
hey guys sorry if there's typos. I'm away grim my comp watching the steelers dolphins game :D
Is the 6V sleeve for the chameleon still in the works? Just wondering if I should fire up the old lathe and start turning my own adapter.
hey Charger! You have a lathe?? That's great! The manufacture is still on vacation (slacking big time and giving me second thoughts) then again he did say that he will return on the 4th and I can be a pretty irrational person. His sleeve is supposed to work with 2 cr-123 and 1 17670, but i honestly do not see a 17mm diameter battery fitting into a chameleon. The tube itself only offers 16.6mm in clearence. I'm assuming that maybe he meant a 14670. I think if the sleeve were to support a 14500 and 2 cr2 batteries. It would be much better. He Should be responding to my emails tonight or tomorrow for sure. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Well it doesn't have to be that one, theres like 800 different ones out there. I got blammed on another thread for not supplying a link so...

These HV mods are big enough to be a lightsaber handle but I'm looking for one with more cosmetic do dads on it that look like a real saber handle, I'd also like to be able to wear it on a clip on the side of my hip like Luke.

PS. I know I'm a dork but I don't think I'd be the only person to buy one.
Ah no way! I'm with Racer on this one. That would be most def cool! I'm trying to think of way of a method to build on. A big lightsaber would require Big batteries, right? That's why I was originally aimed at the smaller build. I'll get on with my modding partner and see if we can figure something out for ya buddy. Mm this is just a ruff an idea but picture an led to shine through the atom. Or ayleast a halo of sorts.. This is sparking a real interest here! I'll get back to you:)

Last edited:

Charged

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Bloomfield, NY
You have a lathe?? That's great! The manufacture is still on vacation (slacking big time and giving me second thoughts) then again he did say that he will return on the 4th and I can be a pretty irrational person. His sleeve is supposed to work with 2 cr-123 and 1 17670, but i honestly do not see a 17mm diameter battery fitting into a chameleon. The tube itself only offers 16.6mm in clearence. I'm assuming that maybe he meant a 14670. I think if the sleeve were to support a 14500 and 2 cr2 batteries. It would be much better. He Should be responding to my emails tonight or tomorrow for sure. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have a lathe in my garage. It seems to me the simplest way to achieve 6V is to double the length of the battery tube and use (2) CR123A 3 volt batteries. I actually grabbed the 3 V bats when I ordered this little guy thinking the extended tube would be coming shortly. I'm going to give it a go next weekend and see how it turns out. Do you happen to know the thread size and pitch? It looks like 18mm x 1.5mm pitch. I wish it was warmer up here or I would have done this a while ago.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
Ah no way! I'm with Racer on this one. That would be most def cool! I'm trying to think of way of a method to build on. A big lightsaber would require Big batteries, right? That's why I was originally aimed at the smaller build. I'll get on with my modding partner and see if we can figure something out for ya buddy. Mm this is just a ruff an idea but picture an led to shine through the atom. Or ayleast a halo of sorts.. This is sparking a real interest here! I'll get back to you:)

I don't think it needs exessivly big batteries, you can basically decide yourself how big you want the battery housing inside to be weather an "o" or an "O" diameter. As for the LED I don't care if there is one if the device itself looks cool enough. But, I would put lines of LEDs down the handle like 2 or 3 of them like "|||" that light up when activated.

Oh and if the curved handle design doesn't work like I said, theres a million others.

If you can make it do that sound effect, oh that would be sweet (dreaming).

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have a lathe in my garage. It seems to me the simplest way to achieve 6V is to double the length of the battery tube and use (2) CR123A 3 volt batteries. I actually grabbed the 3 V bats when I ordered this little guy thinking the extended tube would be coming shortly. I'm going to give it a go next weekend and see how it turns out. Do you happen to know the thread size and pitch? It looks like 18mm x 1.5mm pitch. I wish it was warmer up here or I would have done this a while ago.
I got 16.93mm diameter on the cap threading and 4.9mm on the inner tube threads. I'm really sorry that it's taking so long to get at the manufacture. I'm really concerned on how tight of a 'fit' our casual batteries will be in the extension itself.
I don't think it needs exessivly big batteries, you can basically decide yourself how big you want the battery housing inside to be weather an "o" or an "O" diameter. As for the LED I don't care if there is one if the device itself looks cool enough. But, I would put lines of LEDs down the handle like 2 or 3 of them like "|||" that light up when activated.

Oh and if the curved handle design doesn't work like I said, theres a million others.

If you can make it do that sound effect, oh that would be sweet (dreaming).
Haha it does seem like quite a dream mod, but I'm afraid it require a good ton of work, I'm going to take some time tonight to go Light saber shopping for you. But please keep in mind that we may not be able to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread