If everything is banned, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Lets say the whole nine yard banned and your are out of nic juice, what would you do? I keep asking my self this question and I don't know the answer.

Please understand something, the purpose of this thread is to learn how different people are preparing for the vapers dooms day, we all hope that it will not happen.

Last edited:

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
the only ingredient in DIY e juice that can be out right banned is the nicotine base. All the other ingredients are so common and used for for baking among other things so you can always make no nic e-juice. So I plan on stocking up on nic base, stored correctly it can last a very long time.

You said it, "stored correctly" after a while how would you know? I would not mess with nicotine. sorry but I am thinking out loud.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
well, what is going to happen when your supplies are all depleted?
well I'm vaping 4mg nic now a days so I'm sure I could go to 0mg pretty easily and when my 2 year supply of cartos runs out I would just go with rebuildable attys I'll always be able to buy batteries for my PVs and like it was said the only thing from my DIY I couldn't get would be nic

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
well I'm vaping 4mg nic now a days so I'm sure I could go to 0mg pretty easily and when my 2 year supply of cartos runs out I would just go with rebuildable attys I'll always be able to buy batteries for my PVs and like it was said the only thing from my DIY I couldn't get would be nic

nice. I need to buy me one of these rebuildable attys.

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
Seriously, every time I buy a new mod or supplies, I always have the fear in the back of mind that they'll ban nic juice. I worry constantly. I'm trying to stock up on juice though, as it should stay good for about 2 years. After that, who knows!

I really hope it doesn't happen, or anytime soon at least! I'd rather them regulate it and charge a bit extra as opposed to straight up banning the stuff.

I fully support the CSAA, and will do anything/everything in my power to fight for us vapers. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen for awhile.

How long will nicotine stored in the freezer last anyway? I'm not a DIY kind of guy (yet) but may start if I can stockpile nicotine.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
What could 'they' ban other than nic?

PG, noper.
VG, noper.
Flavors, noper.
Batts, noper.
Chargers, noper.
Kanthal wire, noper.
Silica 'rope', noper.

Now... what was the question again?

I have 'nuff nic for at least two years. By that time all the governments of da globe would be overthrown by da united vapers of da world!

BTW... I volunteer to be da Nic Czar...
thankyou.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
A friend of mine was vaping in Canada a while back when it was really hard to find stuff in Canada. She would order from China or the United States. She said maybe 1 in 10 or 12 orders didn't make. Snagged by customs I guess.

I guess the same would be true in reverse. Living in the United States now I suppose I would try to order from out of country providing the ban was on sales inside the country. If it was a complete ban including imports...then I'm not really sure what I would do. Maybe the dreaded Chantix again. Maybe some gum to get over the hump. Certainly not analogs.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I'd guess that putting together a nicotine test kit and extracting from OTC NRTs (patch, lozenge, gum) would be possible, if not economical.

I have no idea what the cost vs. yield would be, but I'd guess that it'd suck. It would obviously be dangerous unless precautions are taken, and the result tested for strength.

I'd probably just go with my tobacco flavor extractions. Probably negligible nicotine content, but still oddly satisfying to me without added nicotine.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
My husband is a chemist and I keep trying to get him interested in figuring out how to extract nicotine at home. He did it once in college, but he said it used some pretty nasty chemicals that wouldn't be suitable for the kitchen or bathroom, and he didn't really know how pure the stuff was nice they got it out.

You can do the tea type extraction, but I think it's pretty dirty nic.

ETA: oh, I've been stocking up on nic. I think I have about 2 years worth at my current vaping rate and concentration. If they banned it I'd try to cut down to 6 mg/ml and then eventually 0 as my nic supplies ran low.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I keep nic base in my freezer, I need to get some more :) I am sure we could still get cartos, I use tanks, have a Provari so am good to go :) You would probably also see a big black market on stuff! That is how it always goes, ban something and you have just opened up the black market. That would be really dumb of FDA or gov't. I don't know why they waste their time on ecigs, geez so many important things to concentrate on. bnrk

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia

question please . . . where to buy rebuildable attys?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread