If I Start Squonking Am I Doomed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Love to vape. I currently vape mostly DTL using RTA's with single coil .5 ohm builds. I also do some MTL. I really like my gear. I have 5 different setups, nothing real fancy or expensive.

I've been tempted to give squonking a try. The only thing holding me back is I'm afraid I might love it. Then, of, course I will have to buy all new gear.

So, to those of you who squonk...once you start squonking, is that it? Are you ruined for regular vaping? Do you throw away your mods and RTAs because they can't match up to squonking? Or is squonking something that can co-exist with regular vaping?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've tried and used an inexpensive squonker and a gifted Reo Grand. Although they functioned as expected, somehow they weren't my "cup of tea". I'm not really into box mods that much, I prefer a tube or hybrid/box (JAC Vapour DNA). I have pretty much retired all of my mech mods, as I prefer having the ability to reset my settings on the fly.

I use to drip almost exclusively, but over the last year I've retired my RDA's, too. I like the simple convenience of a clearomizer with a drop in coil and have not noticed a drop in flavor or vapor. Perhaps my taste buds are not as sharp as others.

However, I introduced my future son-in-law to a bottom feeder and he seems to be using it exclusively for about a year now.

I do love the concept of a bottom feeder, I just haven't come across one that appeals to me.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
In answer to your title question, no, you are not doomed. You will have found your inner child, you will be liberated, you horses will grow center horns and have pretty colors. You will find yourself unchained and life will never be the same for you.

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Come to the Dark side.
You can feel it calling you. Listen to that inner voice, let your desire guide you. The Dark side is flavorful. Don't let those uptight Jedi lead you away from your true path. The squonk is strong in you.

Sent from the Starship USS Enterprise

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
In answer to your title question, no, you are not doomed. You will have found your inner child, you will be liberated, you horses will grow center horns and have pretty colors. You will find yourself unchained and life will never be the same for you.

Awesome!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have two REO's and a Lost Vape Therion DNA75C, the REO's get most of the love. That being said I also have 15 VW/TC mods and everything pretty much get's used in one way or another.

Squonking is nice, I have a REO loaded all the time on my desk at home and when I am in the office it travels with me. When I am running around or looking for something a little more pocket friendly the BF's stay home.

The flavor and vapor quality is great once you find your sweet spot. I run Hadaly's on all three, easy to build and excellent flavor.

Self restraint is always the key, I did okay stopping at three ;)

Reactions: stols001

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Describe your current mod setup...

Regulated I would assume. Single or dual replaceable batteries? Internal battery perhaps? Do you have any interest in simple mechanical box mods? Do you already build your own coils? The answer to these will help determine how much you will be likely to spend to achieve (or attempt to achieve) Squonk Nirvana. There are some of us that have rode (or are still riding) the Hype Train and can never get off.

Tip: Go regulated and don't look back. The Shinyitis runs strong with the sub $20 mech squonkers. So many to choose from, and the price is right.

Sent from my hlte using Tapatalk

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
First ones free... If you try squonking I would bet you will love it for all the reasons others have stated and more. There are a boatload of very good inexpensive mech squonkers being produced and some very good cloned bf attys. Do some research (lots of info here on ECF) and with a minimal investment you expand your vaping experience and knowledge.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So, to those of you who squonk...once you start squonking, is that it? Are you ruined for regular vaping? Do you throw away your mods and RTAs because they can't match up to squonking? Or is squonking something that can co-exist with regular vaping?

I Squonk most of the time when I'm at home. But use a RTA when I'm Out n' About. Or when I'm laying in bed watching TV.

So Yeah, Squonking can Definitely Coexist with your other Non-Squonking gear.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Love to vape. I currently vape mostly DTL using RTA's with single coil .5 ohm builds. I also do some MTL. I really like my gear. I have 5 different setups, nothing real fancy or expensive.

I've been tempted to give squonking a try. The only thing holding me back is I'm afraid I might love it. Then, of, course I will have to buy all new gear.

BTW - Why don't you just get an Inexpensive BF-able RDA and try in in Non-BF mode?

And if you Like it, and it doesn't Ruin all you other Stuff, then go for the Squonk Mod to complete the circle.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Until about 6 months ago, I was a mech mod user and probably bought 40+ mods. Then I found squonking... I have not used anything else since and my previous mods have not just been shelved, they have been boxed and are now in the spare room where, if I am honest, they will probably never get used again. Why? Because now it feels like they are “incomplete” as I have to carry a separate bottle. This, for my needs, just seems pointless now. 3d printed squonkers are perfect for my needs and the variety out there is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread