If I want to try a new flavor, do I need to change Out my cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austinwalks

Apr 17, 2018
I have a iJust 2 that has a replaceable cotton and coil. I don’t believe I am able to change the cotton myself, other than just buying another pack of 4 or something.

But my question has to do with trying a new flavor. I mean, I like the flavor I have now, but I want to try another one. Do I have to put a whole new coil / cotton in to flush out the other liquid that’s in the cotton / coil now? Or can I wash it?

Reactions: ilporcupine

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I have a iJust 2 that has a replaceable cotton and coil. I don’t believe I am able to change the cotton myself, other than just buying another pack of 4 or something.

But my question has to do with trying a new flavor. I mean, I like the flavor I have now, but I want to try another one. Do I have to put a whole new coil / cotton in to flush out the other liquid that’s in the cotton / coil now? Or can I wash it?
You can try a rinse with vodka or other fairly pure ethyl alchohol. Others have said they just vape some unflavored juice thru, to clean out tank. I usually do like dennisism said. I am lazy, that way.:D

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Empty the tank the best you can and, before adding the new flavor, vape several times to consume the liquid remaining on the cotton, but be careful, if you vape too many times you may burn the cotton! Only practice with allow you to know how many vapes before adding the new e liquid, it depends on the size of your coil... I would say for now do 4 or 5 "dry vapes", then add the new liquid, let it rest for about 5 minutes so the cotton get soaked...and then start vaping again.

If you think that is too cumbersome then just follow previous advice and just empty tank and add the new liquid. You will have a mixed flavor for a while but at some point the old liquid will vanish.

Personally, I don't do any of these "cleansing" systems...I just use rebuildable tanks and drippers. Nothing like being able to change cotton easily, as needed.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Here is a tutorial if you have purchased the ECR heads

That said, you can simply rinse and dry your tank prior to changing flavors, but you will have some residual flavor from the old juice mixing in with the new for your first little bit..

If they are like or similar flavors it's no big deal, a cinnamon roll switches seamlessly to an Apple pie for instance, but some flavors might not flow together so nicely and you may not like what you have to vape through..

At any rate, always your choice!

• Informative
Reactions: IDJoel

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
I empty the tank as much as I can and take a few hits without burning the coil. Then I'll add 1/4 tank of new juice swish it around and vape it. Then repeat first 2 steps then fill the tank. Fruity to fruity flavors usually blend well but going to extream different flavors either won't work well or will but won't go back so easy. I vape all mellow fruity flavors and I can switch without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread