If you can't find Lorann's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Check pharmacies! I would never have thought to check there. I'd tried Michael's, JoAnn Fabric and Craft, grocery stores, etc. Somewhere online last night I saw that you can get it at pharmacies and sure enough, both pharmacies that I remembered to ask today at work (Doc's office) carry them. I got mine at Giant Eagle Pharmacy. They had a dozen or more flavors...

Just a heads up!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

And if you order direct from their site, you can save tons of money by buying larger bottles if/when you find you like the flavor. Consider that the average price of a dram bottle is around $1.40. You can get the 1 oz bottles for $5.50 on most flavors. That's $0.68 per dram (there's 8 drams to a fluid ounce). The 4 oz bottles are $13 on most flavors. That's $0.40 per dram.

Or, looking at it differently, the 1oz bottle gives you $11.20 worth for $5.50, and the 4oz bottle gives you $44.80 worth for $13, at a per dram price.

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Has anyone compiled a list of flavors that are "safe" to use with our liquids?

There are a few, and personally I think they are hogwash. Someone decided long ago based on nothing but assumption that colors are bad. I'm still waiting for evidence of that. The only thing I stay away from are the oil based flavors. Caramel coloring probably isn't good for hardware either, but I deal with it because I love those flavors... and my atomizers seem to last a decent life span.

Once again, stay away from anything that says insoluble in water. IMHO, the rest are ok.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Surprisingly cheap too! $1.09 per flavor! I know you can order online but it chaps me to have to pay $5 or something like that for a $5 order...

Should your username be Rejoice or ReJuice????:D

I assume you are talking about the shipping charge. Here, we have a 10% sales tax, so the shipping isn't much more, and I enjoy the convenience of having it delivered to my house. I also pretty much only order the larger bottles.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I assume you are talking about the shipping charge. Here, we have a 10% sales tax, so the shipping isn't much more, and I enjoy the convenience of having it delivered to my house. I also pretty much only order the larger bottles.

Ah....I'm still a newb so I'm still scoping things out. I may order larger quantities once I settle on specific flavors. I'm already trying to figure out where to keep my little stash of stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread