If you could change one thing about your Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
Let me start off by saying, I love both of my Reo mods, and if you are in this sub-forum I am sure you do as well. 12 months ago when I was scanning this sub-forum I was trying to sift through all the threads trying to find both the pros and cons of the device and found it difficult to find the cons. I think it would be nice to have a thread where people talk about some issues they have had with their reo and the ways in which they resolved the issues (if there were any) so people who are interested in getting theirs will know both sides of the story. So, if you could change one thing about your reo, or something you think it would be cool to see offered with the reo what would it be?

I noticed that when I would put my reo into a backpack if I did not vape all the liquid out of my cotton my Reo would be covered in juice when I took it out. This may be the case with any device that you drip with but this was the first device I used where I dripped/squonked.

Edit: I think it would be super cool to have a 26650 reo :D

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd prefer a different, more ergonomic squonk hole that opens the side. I almost asked Rob to sell me a blank, hole-less door with the idea of cutting my own specially-placed squonk hole, but figured I'd go with the flow. Hooples would accuse me of blasphemy, too lol.

I'd also prefer a flush connector. I understand that the REO design pre-dates RDAs, but a revision of the design would be innovative and a benefit to the current toppers.

I rock my TRA Grand all day everyday without complaint as-is tho! As it stands, it is the end-game.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ya know, there just aren't a lot of issues with the device. Any problems anyone has are usually solved by just little tweaks that need be doin' - move the coil, tighten the bottle, dumb down on the cotton. Just not a lot in the Reo itself that needs a do-over.

Me? Got nuttin' I can think of. For 'da ladies? Rob needs to make more plunger doors for the "fingernail challenged" who refuse to mess a manicure to get a good vape. That's all I can think of.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm not sure I can pick something that I might change that hasn't been addressed by another model or that isn't about to be addressed by Rob's innovative thinking. In Reoville, there's a little something for everyone... and still more cool stuff coming.

I'm excited about the SS 510 Connector that's coming soon. Ever since I've been vaping, I've been hoping to see some sort of game changer in 510 connector material and design.

The one and only thing I sort of daydreamed about is an SL Grand in Titanium but when I thought about it for a few minutes, I realized it wouldn't work so I had to dismiss the idea. I'd love to have an SL Grand in Titanium... but sadly, Titanium is not a good conductor. In fact, it's a lousy conductor. ... My mini weighs ~ 4oz w/ full bottle, a battery installed, and an RM2 on it. My SL Grand w/ batt, full juice, and an RM3 comes in at 6.1 oz... My shirt pockets would really, really like a Grand w/ batt, atty, and juice coming in around 4.5 oz...

But then, I sort of wonder why I care about an ounce and a half... I mean, just for reference, my pocket knife weighs 4.7 oz - my flashlight weighs 4.7 oz - my leatherman weighs 11 oz - another personal item weighs 26 ounces.... and I carry a 30lb bag of tools and gear with me every day everywhere I go. Maybe I need to figure out a way to reinforce my pocket-t pockets instead of wishing there was a way to save another ounce and a half on a Grand ;)

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I'm not sure I can pick something that I might change that hasn't been addressed by another model or that isn't about to be addressed by Rob's innovative thinking. In Reoville, there's a little something for everyone... and still more cool stuff coming.

I'm excited about the SS 510 Connector that's coming soon. Ever since I've been vaping, I've been hoping to see some sort of game changer in 510 connector material and design.

The one and only thing I sort of daydreamed about is an SL Grand in Titanium but when I thought about it for a few minutes, I realized it wouldn't work so I had to dismiss the idea. I'd love to have an SL Grand in Titanium... but sadly, Titanium is not a good conductor. In fact, it's a lousy conductor. ... My mini weighs ~ 4oz w/ full bottle, a battery installed, and an RM2 on it. My SL Grand w/ batt, full juice, and an RM3 comes in at 6.1 oz... My shirt pockets would really, really like a Grand w/ batt, atty, and juice coming in around 4.5 oz...

But then, I sort of wonder why I care about an ounce and a half... I mean, just for reference, my pocket knife weighs 4.7 oz - my flashlight weighs 4.7 oz - my leatherman weighs 11 oz - another personal item weighs 26 ounces.... and I carry a 30lb bag of tools and gear with me every day everywhere I go. Maybe I need to figure out a way to reinforce my pocket-t pockets instead of wishing there was a way to save another ounce and a half on a Grand ;)

You sir, would make an excellent thru hiker!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What do you guys think about a 26650 version? It would be massive....but I would buy one in a heart beat. I know at least 4 other people that would as well.

Don't want one myself, but that seems like a good idea to run up the flag pole because it would sell. That could also move you up to a 10 ml bottle size because of the necessary increase in w x d dimensions. Perhaps SL only because with that added size will come added weight.

Last edited:

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
I love my Reo/LP SL, it is by far my favorite device. After breaking the metal contact from button mashing and sending it in for repair I am very tentative when pressing the fire button now. I don't use the cap anymore so that I can get a better feel for when it is firing. If I could change one thing it would be a stop point for the fire button to prevent mashing but still making definite contact.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm also in the "don't want one but bet that some people would buy it" camp. -- I'm struggling to remember what the first production 26650 tube was named... but even though I can't remember the name, I do remember that about mid-2011, it generated a whole bunch of ecf threads. It wasn't available enough and lots of people talked about wanting one. When someone did get their hands on one, the threads would go about 75 to 125 posts in a pretty big hurry.

My bet is that it would be expensive. It would require a larger bar of aluminum stock and probably some re-tooling at the machine shop... And, I'm also going to guess it would be a lot like carrying a brick around.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I wouldn't want one, but I'm sure they would sell. Seems like it would be pretty hefty.

You know... I just pulled out a ruler and that would be a REALLY big Reo. The W x D dimensions would be coming in at about 52 mm x 32 mm! Now go grab a ruler and ponder holding that in your hand.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Not complaining, Reos are all I use now but I can't wait for the new 510 connectors. Sounds really petty but the last 2 Grands I bought, I couldn't fit all my attys on them. Some of them would crank down one turn and stop and some you could crank down all the way but the pins wouldn't make contact. I understand the upcoming SS 510 connectors will solve all those problems.

That's all I want for Christmas...

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
You know... I just pulled out a ruler and that would be a REALLY big Reo. The W x D dimensions would be coming in at about 52 mm x 32 mm! Now go grab a ruler and ponder holding that in your hand.

Kinda like......an "iReo 6 Plus".....??!!:blink:
Me...I prefer the 18490/650 "operating system".....:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Well, I think Rob started out with near perfection and soon after achieved KISS perfection in his mods. A no BS, just get it done in spades APV that I wish I had known about and started my vaping journey out with 20 months ago.

As for con's...

None that I can't do a one time simple fix on to make the way I want it. IE, I have no need to lock the fire button off, but can easily eliminate that feature. The first used metal Reo I bought it was damaged and caused issues until I did eliminated the pin and repaired the damage it had done to the body. Easy, no big deal and I now have several replacements, both altered and not. So I can install back to original for the next person who will own one of mine if I ever resell any of them.

I'm still on the fence about modding any of my Reos other than simple fluff things... maybe doing some patina/??? doors, etc. I have 2 extra brass doors waiting for that if I ever get around to it. Mostly only things that can be reversed back to original though. Have thought about milling down catch cups on Woodies, but have plenty of atty's for them and many more of them that work just fine so haven't taken that step on any of mine. Do have a Mini 2.1 I've thought about stripping back to raw and milling to LP for a LP TRA... but again not anything I really need to do with so many atty's I have that work on it fine as is. Would rather it was a LP TRA, but can always just buy one of them rather than mod this one, then resell this one.

Bought 2 dozen over sized bottles for upgrades long ago... have never bothered with them. For my uses I really don't need more juice capacity in mine. Something I bought too early in my Reo experience, before I knew I didn't need them. Also bought a bunch of 10A fuses and PB spade connectors to mod to eliminate springs. Maybe I will try out that mod if I ever collapse/run out of all of the spare springs I have (but not likely since I am not collapsing any springs).

They are all no BS, get it done in spades as they are APV's to me (hmmm, seems like I read that somewhere). ;)

When the new 510's are available if I'm interested enough in them I will cross that bridge then.

I have as much interest in 26650 as I do in DNA chips... zero. While I did buy a VVG Reo, it was more to have a piece of Reo history than VV. Mine died soon after I got it, I haven't even bothered to troubleshoot it yet, have been content to just have it as it is. Would be the same with a VVW Reo, I don't need VV or VW. I went back to mech's only long ago and they get it done just fine for my uses. Almost all of around $4500 worth of GP PAPS/Herons/spheroids/Senio's have gone all but unused since I got my first Reo. They were my favorite APV's bar none, replaced all my ProVari's that have not been used since I first started buying them. But they require far more maintenance than the Reos. Easy enough to do, but time consuming. I'd rather use the time to vape than fiddling with APV's.

Rob has kept it simple with the Reos, designed and crafted to perfection. I like simple now days. Thanks Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread