Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
As we all know, juice preferences vary wildly for each of us. I'm starting this thread because after the MANY bottles of $6-$10 liquids I've purchased, I do not like most of them. I keep going back to Halo Tribeca. It's remained my all-day vape. I've tried almost all the Halo juices (Torque 56, Smooth 8 & Freedom juice are "the best of the rest", don't like the others much), many from Vapage (not bad but too smoky and mot much differentiation).

I have some Copper Creek and Backwoods Brew juices on the way.

But I'd like to know what other Tribeca fans suggest. I think Tribeca played a part in my full conversion to vaping, and would like to know what others suggest. The juice does't necessarily have to taste like Tribceca, but I figured if anyone else is a big Tribeca fan, then I may like other flavors you like.

Go!

Last edited:

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
I finally got the vape my Backwoods Brew and Copper Creek orders. Both seemed highly recommended here. Have to say the Copper Creek wasn't for me, but so far I really like the Backwoods Brew juices I ordered. I haven't vaped them enough for any recommendations but I know I'll be trying more from them, and some are on the same lines of Tribeca.

Here's what I have so far (all are 18mg and whatever the standard PG/VG mix is, if they offer choice):

Virginia
Backo
Casablanca

All are tobacco juices, and all seem similar to the approach of Tribeca as far as hit, taste and flavor strength. I'm not saying they taste like Tribeca but they all seem to be in the same "family". I need to vape them more before giving them a recommendation, but from my initial tests I liked all three, and like I said I'm a Tribeca guy so hoping this helps.

I also ordered their watermelon, root beer and cola, all of which are good but not really a Tribeca comparison. I'm glad I gave these guys a try as I think I am going to find many flavors that I like based on this initial sample order.

Last edited:

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
Im missing something with Tribeca...to me it tasted like Triaminic...the worst cough syrup known to man.

All the Halo tobacco juices tasted like chemicals to me...like they were made in a lab to create the perfect tobacco substitute and in the end they taste fake and nasty.

Prime 18 wasnt too bad...but it wasnt much of anything really. BWB flavors have a hint of tobacco plus a blend of other things to make a great flavor...not just to replicate something that doesnt taste that good to begin with.

I still own my Halo juices and Ill still give tham a chance...but Im not looking forward to vaping them again anytime soon.

I got my first Copper Creek order comin in Monday...House, Voodoo and Twisted...cant wait. If these work out im sticking to CC, BWB and AV...and calling it a day. Thats if they dont suck...and from what Ive heard it doesnt sound like thats a possibility.

What didnt you like about CC?

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
What are you vaping the Tribeca with? I can say that at first I didn't like it at all, but after going back to it after a few days it grew on me big time. I got zero cough syrup taste from mine, so that's odd to hear. I also don't taste much in the way of tobacco from Tribeca, just a hint like in BWB. I am moving away from the tobacco flavors in general, at least those with a strong tobacco flavor.

BWB flavors that I mentioned reminded me of Tribeca to a degree, so maybe you need to try again.

I got the same CC flavors. House seemed like pancake batter to me, wasn't a fan but it wasn't bad, just not for me. The others had a soapy, chemical taste. I let the steep for 7 days as recommended, going to try again this weekend after 10 days. Maybe they need more time. They were definitely more sweet than I wanted. I like things that have a subtle sweet accent to them. CC was too overpowering for me. Curious to hear your thoughts on them.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
<-- big Tribecca fan ova heah. im an even bigger Prime fan. to me these juices taste very similar. more specifically, Tribecca tastes like Prime + Torque. but anyway...seems like our tastes are similar. i too enjoy BWB. in fact, the 555E is my all day vape. my other favorite 'Brews are Virginia and Casablanca. i also vape them at 18mg. if you want to sweeten up your Virginia, BWB Malty is a wonderful sweetener/vapor expander. its uncanny.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I keep going back to Halo Tribeca. It's remained my all-day vape. I've tried almost all the Halo juices

Go!

I also love Halo's Tribeca! It really is a wonderful vap.

Another juice that I love, which isn't really similar other then it is often my "all-day" vap, and one of the FEW juices I've reordered as soon as I'm out of it, is Vanilla Custard from The Vapor Room!

Other then a similarity in color to Tribeca,the two are very different. Vanilla Custard has a very noticeable, but not overwhelming taste of vanilla. I was in a department store one day, following a saleswoman who was showing me where something was located, vapping away :vapor: with my tank filled with Vanilla Custard, and she suddenly stopped in her tracks, turned around to face me, and asked "WHAT is that wonderful smell"???

I often load up on Vanilla Custard, and wonder why I ever vap anything else! A few days later, I put a tank of Tribeca on my mod, and again say to myself "why do I vap anything else"???

They're both really great! :blush:

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
Tribeca is my all day as well. I got a few juices in a sample pack, smelled them all, and when I smelt tribeca, I literally said OMG, this is gonna rock. And it did of course. I currently have BB casablanca and backo that I got yesterday. I tried to smell them, but didn't get much. I'm afraid I won't love them like I want to if they don't steep, which is all I hear about with BB juices. Has anyone vaped BB juice straight out of the gate? I'm wondering how much steeping is needed, if at all.

With halo tribeca, I vape it almost right away and it tastes pretty much the same 2 weeks later, so no steeping with halo it seems (to me at least).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Cartoon Dude (my fellow VMODian),

You're going to love me for doing this... and you're going to hate me for doing this.

I too love Tribeca. There is some FANTASTIC info on a very long thread (ergo the love/hate thing) which you will appreciate greatly. You don't necessarily have to read the entire thread (tho I did, and it took me weeks). You can just do some searches for Tribeca and you will get a lot of info.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html#post3345086

Keep us posted!

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Have you tried AVE Boba's Bounty? Everyone tastes Boba's a little different, but I get a malty, toasty tobacco taste. Slightly sweet, reminds me of these analogs I used to smoke back in the day (Kamel Red)

I rather like Tribeca, but I'm PG sensitive and Halo juices disagree with me after I vape them for a few days. This is why I can't vape it very often.

I actually really like what AVE does with their tobacco flavors (except clove.. not so much). Boba's is really good, not unlike Tribeca. The 555 is also really good, but much more a subtle tobacco taste.

There's also the hefty price tag of Ecopure Rich, which is my favorite "luxury" vape. Ecopure Rich is what BWB Malty is supposedly based on. It's extremely clean, subtle, mildly sweet, toasty tobacco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread