If you own a <insert 5v mod here>...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I got no affiliations..... I don't work for anybody...... I have tried most of the E-Cigs and reputable mods out there...... There are many so called kitchen table mods that I haven't tried......
Now, as far as 5.0 Volt mods go...... The only one I would recommend or buy again is the GLV 5.0....... It is the closest thing to a real cigrette, that I have found.......
If we were to talk about 3.6 or 6.0, that would be a different story.......
GLV has the best throat hit and vapor production for 5.0's that I have found.......

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
I got no affiliations..... I don't work for anybody...... I have tried most of the E-Cigs and reputable mods out there...... There are many so called kitchen table mods that I haven't tried......
Now, as far as 5.0 Volt mods go...... The only one I would recommend or buy again is the GLV 5.0....... It is the closest thing to a real cigrette, that I have found.......
GLV has the best throat hit and vapor production for 5.0's that I have found.......
what is a GLV? and i did some searching before asking but then got lazy, sorry ahead

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
thats right. GLV 5 volt is great. i love it.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I love my GLV 5.0 Volt for vaping..... To me it is the closest thing to a real cigarette..... Great taste, great throat hit, great vapor production......
For 3.6 and 6.0 volts it is the GG Transformer, the Rolls Royce of Mods...... Great in all areas...... Also can get the AFS which allows vaping for hours without refilling liquid.....
With these 2, I don't need or want anything else.....
I own many..... I got 510's, 801's, and 901's...... I got the Silver Bullet, have tried the Chuck and the Prodigy...... I think I have tried most of the reputable models...... Am sure there are many of those so called Kitchen Table models that I have not used....... Anyway, that is my experience and opinion.......

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I carry 2 PVs at all times. A Prodigy at 5 volts, and a Chuck at 3.7 volts. I hit one 2 or 3 times, then let it cool while I hit the other 2 or 3 times.

Other than the difference between the 2 flavors, I can't tell the difference.

And that's part of the problem, really. There are too many variables when I use these.
2 juices, 2 carts, 2 cartridge fill setups, 2 atomizers...

The only fair way to compare is to move the atomizer & cartridge between the two mods. If I have time and can remember to do this, I'll try it tonight and get back to you.

And that should tell you that there's more to all this than just the voltage. You'll notice more difference by changing your juice.

Then again, I own 11 big-battery PVs. And I won't buy any more unless they're 5 volt models. That should tell you something too. :D

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
I agree with Scottes. I have a PS passthru which is 5V which I use on a wall wart so I am acutally getting the full 5V. When I compare my Chuck or Lil Chuck to it, I actually like the Lil Chuck better! I seem to get more vapor from the Chuck, just as much flavor and throat hit, without ever getting that nasty burned taste. Atty stays much cooler and haven't lost an atomizer on the Chucks the way you can on the passthru. My Chucks are my number one go to devices now!! I have a few other mods that I have tried at 6V and I still like my Chucks at 3.7V more, they seem to perform like the others do at 6V without the burned taste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread