If you quit smoking for better health, your mod choices just went down from 1000's to about 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Most of us here quit smoking and went to vaping to keep from killing ourselves with analog cigs. But now we are finding out that the high temps associated with sub-ohming, high wattage, and just vaping in general not only can sometimes produce a burnt taste or a dry hit, but these temperatures cause cancer and cause your wicking, wire and juice to become toxic and carcinogenic.

Fortunately we have the new Evolv DNA 40 chipset based mods, which allow you to set a safe temp limit, so you are not toxifying your juice, wicking or wire, things that can start happening at temps as low as 410° F (210° C.)

So apparently, the mods that are safe for your health are:

Vaporshark rDNA 40 -- $189
Protovapor XPV-40 - $209
Hana V3 DNA 40 -- $250
Vapor Flask V2.1 (DNA 40) -- $299

and a couple of others much more rarely seen models, for a total of perhaps 5 or so you can buy right now.

Last edited:

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Most of us here quit smoking and went to vaping to keep from killing ourselves with analog cigs. But now we are finding out that the high temps associated with sub-ohming, high wattage, and just vaping in general not only can sometimes produce a burnt taste or a dry hit, but these temperatures cause cancer and cause your wicking, wire and juice to become toxic and carcinogenic.

Fortunately we have the new Evolv DNA 40 chipset based mods, which allow you to set a safe temp limit, so you are not toxifying your juice, wicking or wire, things that can start happening at temps as low as 410° F (210° C.)

So apparently, the mods that are safe for your health are:

Vaporshark rDNA 40 -- $189
Hana V3 DNA 40 -- $250
Vapor Flask V2.1 (DNA 40) -- $299

and a couple of others much more rarely seen models, for a total of perhaps 5 or so you can buy right now.

Cite your sources, please.
Without credible and creditable evidence, your "warning" means nothing.
Thank you.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I am a DNA40 fan myself, but I wouldn't even think about insinuating that the levels of carciogens produced when vaping with no temperature control is in any way comparable to the levels of carciogens produced when smoking a combustible cigarette.

Some people seem to have a need to see everything in black and white. That is easy and convenient, sure. But is it very insightful?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Brandon/Evolve/DNA - Smart person, quality products.

Op, outside enthusiast, over zealous, less than impressive.

The Temp chip is the perfect solution for people that don't have a clue or those that would rather not take the time to design/monitor/manage their setups properly.

Also - Maintaining a coil temp of (x) is no guarantee of nothing else going wrong.

I'm still not convinced this is true Temp control. It seems to only work with one specific type of wire rather than actually reading(sensing) specific temperature.

Phibes

Oct 30, 2014

There is ZERO evidence about this. Dr. Farsalinos' research on temperature is not completed yet.

So...you are suggesting the DNA40. That means we have to use Nickel Wire, right? So tell me, Is nickel wire safe???? Any research? I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
The Temp chip is the perfect solution for people that don't have a clue or those that would rather not take the time to design/monitor/manage their setups properly.

Also - Maintaining a coil temp of (x) is no guarantee of nothing else going wrong.

I'm still not convinced this is true Temp control. It seems to only work with one specific type of wire rather than actually reading(sensing) specific temperature.

It's not actually temperature control. The device reads the change in resistance as the coil heats up. Nickel wire has a fairly high temperature coefficient (the resistance changes a good amount with temperature). Nichrome and Kanthal have lower temperature coefficients, so the change in resistance would be harder to measure for these wires.

An IR sensor would be a great way to control the temperature, except I can't think of a way to do it where it wouldn't get all fogged up by the pg/vg. Perhaps a thermocouple interwoven with the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread