Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I constantly "peruse" or in state of boredom waste time browsing, when I already have things that work more than "good enough".

I saw this on Ebay. It sounded great, It looked very functional, heck 3mm rope? I asked if it needed to be cleaned in anyway, as it looked like PIMA cotton. I got PIMA a while ago, and its almost water resistant if not washed. It 5.00 for a good sized bag with free , real fast shipping.

SO last night I set up, or try to set up my Origen... First its extremely fluffy, you need 3 times as much, no problem. Then I started to prime the wick and its like a duck, the liquid just rolls off it. I tried poking it as I added liquid, shoved it into the fibers, this is odd. Its like its "oily"?

So I yanked the wick off thru it in the toilet and it floats ? So I get curious and I take an average thickness 1" length and put it in a small cup, with about a 1/4 " of water and set the wick on one end in water the other half leaning against cup.

I just remembered and looked in. The wick is hardly damp...

Dont bother, unless you want to knit something , as its silky and a lovely color. I would love a sweater made of this.... It really looks and feels more like wool or my cats fur.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Those are from ad, Oh, it comes with a great little tool to help you pull the wick thru the coil.

Just thought Id share my experience. Has anyone else bought this and what were your thoughts.?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Its VERY different from other cotton yarns Ive tired... Is very silky , like a fine wool. Its supposed to be 3mm, but its so airy I had to use 3 strands for a coil that was 2.5mm in diameter. It just doesnt absorb liquid or water. I left a strand in a cup for almost 24 hours and it was barely damp on the closest part of wick to water.

It has a sheen like dolls hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread