If you vape while driving and you're forgetful....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I vape A LOT when I'm driving. Unfortunately I have a terrible terrible habit of putting my PV on my seat between my legs when I'm parking and completely forgetting about it. Lo and behold the moment I get outta my car I almost always hear a painful plonk on the ground and see my PV sitting there bruised and sad. Just this morning, my battered kfl+ had a heck of a fall, and I finally cracked the plastic mid section AND messed up my PV's 510 connection.(speaking of which, the kfl+ 510 threadings is SOLID. ripped the threads off my opus d 510 connection, and it's actually unscathed) SO.

1) if you're forgetful like me, DONT ever put your PV between your legs. Slot it into a cup holder or smth

2) I'm definitely leaving my taifun gt and other kfl at home, and only ever bringing my clones out.

Just a little rant because I'm always doing stupid things like that and messing up all my nice RBAs and PVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
The neck chain works great for me
But I'm spastic if I put it down it will be gone lol

Imagine having a box mod on a neck chain. Add on the size and weight of a kfl or a fatass taifun? Even that is too much bling for a rapper haha

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
Ouch, that sucks.

Thankfully my car has a nice tray in the console that my MVP 2 sits in nicely (plus the actual center pocket that is deep enough for it to stand upright with my PT2 attached) and it stays mostly upright.

Though I've definitely dropped my phone out of my lap more than once...or my keys if I take them out and rummage in the car before getting out...

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Someone needs to plug this gap in the market!

Not entirely sure what can be done though. A neck chain is outta the question for me since my mods+RBA setup are pretty big. I'm too old to be sporting An elastic squiggly. At this point, a deeper cup holder nearer to my steering wheel would be perfect

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
i just drive with 1 hand lol

good thing i don't drive stick

I do the one handed thing and drive a stick. lol I never really gave it much thought til I read this thread. I just hold onto my MVP in the left hand while steering and shift with the other. I pretty much chain vape on my drive to work (15 minutes) because I can't vape again til I leave work.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
Even before I started vaping, I never bought a shirt without a pocket. After all, I was carrying cigs around at the time. Now, I still demand that pocket, and I can drop my PV in it.

My pv is too heavy for shirt pockets. :( There's a spot in the center console that mine fits in perfectly though.

Llanso

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Port Orange, FL, USA
For tube-shaped APVs, try one of these and drill the center hole big enough to accomodate it.

new-aluminum-auto-car-cup-holder-ashtray-concise-fr-silver-ezs122n.jpg

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Even before I started vaping, I never bought a shirt without a pocket. After all, I was carrying cigs around at the time. Now, I still demand that pocket, and I can drop my PV in it.

I was same way with pockets...must have been something about the bigger box or the uneven weight of ego or vamo...but if you forget you have it in there and go to tie your shoes or pick something up it falls out. Cigs seemed to stay in there fairly well. I finally got a lanyard for mine even though I don't like the black cloth necklace looking thing around my neck.

I also recently got a gripper which is pretty small and can put in pant pockets without too much fear of breaking anything. Worse case is you maybe lose the drip tip. Well worth the $10 on for it though. Think that's going be my on the go mod as I dropped my vamo several times already and think I screwed the threads up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread