If you've bought a mod, how long was it after starting e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I've been using e-cigs for a month an a half. Several of my friends have been using e-cigs a few weeks longer than I have. They've been using Joye 510s or Egos, and so far, they're not interested in anything else. Most are using the same liquid they started with.

They're kind of shocked that (so far) I've bought 10 different liquids, an Ego with carts, a drip tip, some Ego-T atties and tanks, and a complete Ego-T kit with 1000 mAh batteries... and, last week, a pricey custom made mod (it'll be awhile until I actually get it).

I suppose my question is this: am I odd for spending so much so soon? If you've bought a serious mod, did it take awhile to decide you want to go further or did you like vaping from the start and decide to plunge in? Essay question: why?

Thanks for any input.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Yep, do your research. Lot of us have turned the alternative smoking thing into a hobby. Its fun to try every atomizer and cartomizer from every manufacturer out there. Fun to order 50 new flavors and spend all weekend mixing new recipes and trying them out on your wife. Quite entertaining to clean your attys and try different ratios of PG to VG at different volts, bring old flavors alive again. Compared to spending $300 a week on my wife and my smokes, could buy a provari every week and still come out ahead.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Used a manual 510 set-up for about 6 wks and then moved up to a thag built "fog log". Haven't looked back. Back in the neanderthal days we didn't have egos. Mostly I use an ego and lil chuck. It's way too easy to blow money on this habit:vapor: The amt of money I've spent on various mods and liquids is really obscene. Now I'm happy:)

RIMP:evil:

Last edited:

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
I started out with an M401. Soon after I ordered some different color batteries and atomizers, so I have 3 M401's. About a month into that I ordered a Leo kit, and spare battery and atomizer. Now I use an Infinity mod with a 510 connection. So to answer your question, I modded up in about 2 months. I've spent a lot so far, between new PV's and different juices. My girlfriend could kill me! I think changing up helps me stay of the smokes. My Infinity keeps me satisfied far better than the M401's and the Leo. So I think I'll stick with it for awhile.

TNT, just noticed you are from York. Whats up neighbor! :)

Last edited:

K-Space

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2010
Delaware
Hey tnt! i started vaping in jul 2010. my very first was the american blue tip (what a rip-off) that lasted until i found ECF, which was about mid-july. moved to a 510 for about 2 months then to a ego. i bought my 1st mod at the end of January a Phidias and have bought 2 more Phidias since. Love the feel, the look and its gravity fed. lets say it took me about 6 months to work my way up the vaping chain.

n2xe

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Owego, NY
I'm with you TNT, I went from the 510 to eGo to Precise P10 to precise P16 in about 6 weeks. Thank God I live in New York because after 6 weeks I was well past the analog break even point. Vape harder...

I've been using e-cigs for a month an a half. Several of my friends have been using e-cigs a few weeks longer than I have. They've been using Joye 510s or Egos, and so far, they're not interested in anything else. Most are using the same liquid they started with.

They're kind of shocked that (so far) I've bought 10 different liquids, an Ego with carts, a drip tip, some Ego-T atties and tanks, and a complete Ego-T kit with 1000 mAh batteries... and, last week, a pricey custom made mod (it'll be awhile until I actually get it).

I suppose my question is this: am I odd for spending so much so soon? If you've bought a serious mod, did it take awhile to decide you want to go further or did you like vaping from the start and decide to plunge in? Essay question: why?

Thanks for any input.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
I didn't throw everything at it all at once. A couple months with a super mini, Moved into a 510, a week or two after to a passthrough with portable battery pack. After a couple months with that got a variable voltage mod. Built a few 3.7 mods in this time and now after a broken vv mod, waiting for my next vv mod to be built and shipped. Spread out evenly over a year or so. If I had more disposable income I would be neck deep in mods. Money dictated the amount of gear and the time frame.

TeeFour

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Hadley, Massachusetts
I started about 2 years ago on a J118. That thing sucked, and I bought a 510 about a year ago. Finally got an eGo over this past summer. Through all that I smoked analogs in between stints on my PV. Started using my eGo again exclusively a month ago, and plan to keep it that way. To celebrate I ordered a Buzz the other day, and it shipped today. Really hoping that the main USPS hubs are set up such that it will get to me by Friday going priority (Cali to western Mass, they guarantee 2-3 days). I figure it goes by plane to Boston directly, then a day more to get out to Amherst, so I'm letting myself get my hopes up :p

Dooter

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I started in Oct '10 with a KR808, then I found the ECF forum at about the same time. A couple weeks of reading here and I realized that I *needed* an eGo... I thought mods looked like pipe bombs (actually, some of them really do...) ...or vibrators. :facepalm:

Just a week ago I bought my first mod - a Little Sister VV mod (made by Ken's Box Mods), and I'm loving it! So... 5 months till I bought my first mod.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I bought my first mods about a month and a half after starting - a couple Bartleby's, around Christmas of 2009. I wasn't after a superior vaping experience at the time, but was concerned about the possibility of FDA bans, and wanted to own a device that didn't require proprietary batteries. The Bartleby worked fine, but didn't get much use. A couple months later I got two Super-T P-10's - they don't get much use, either, but will outlive me. Then I was intrigued by the WetBox a couple months later, and after using one for 3 months, I was sold on juice-feeders. So I bought a REO Mini last September when they first became available, and started using low-res atty's - now there's no going back. I have 2 REO Mini's and a REO Grand now.

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Warren, Ohio, United States
I just started vaping about 2 weeks ago. Oredered $80 worth of KR808D-2 stuff from china first of the year. While waiting for it to arrive I built 2 mods at home to get a jump on things. Then last week ordered another $100 worth of equipment from another ECF member to put together a kit for my mom to get her off the analogs as well.

It is an expensive hobby to get into once you get the bug and always want to try something new. Buit just think of how much cash you would have thrown away on cigs anyway.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread