Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I wanted to clean one of my eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers just for the ‘halibut’ to determine if I tell a diff in efficiency. So I checked out the ECF for possible flushing methods. Well, as is normal when you’re ‘hot to trot’, I didn’t have everything I needed for any one method.

Scanned my ‘organized’ garage, where no one but me can find anything. Ah ha, I spotted a 60 ML syringe. Believe it or not, I originally found it at the foot of a nearby boat ramp! I’m fairly sure it was for adding menhaden oil to fish chum. This has the tapered tip, NOT a Luer Lock.

Well, the tip was too small to seal the carto for flushing. Ummmm, oh wait… eureka… thick walled ¼’ fuel/emission line… will it fit the stove pipe end of the cartos? Day-um, it was sooo CLOSE! What if I cut a ½”piece of line and press fit it on the tapered syringe tip for a lil’ expansion? YES, perfect fit with a nice seal!

NOTE:I thoroughly cleaned the syringe and fuel/emission line prior to assembly!

With the syringe half filled with HOT water, I flushed the carto three times which cleaned the filler to a clean white color. It’s now air drying , with an occasional blow through the stove pipe. I’ll give it another 24 hours before evaluation.

Parts list:
- 60 ML SYRINGE - Purchased at your local feed store for about $1.50?
- ½” length Goodyear SAE 30R7 ¼” fuel/emission line – local auto parts store?

Assembly:
Press cut line until flush onto the tapered syringe tip.

Flushing Instructions:
Half fill the syringe with HOT water.
Insert syringe end into carto
Flush
Repeat as needed until exhaust stream is clear*

*The exhaust stream was clear at the end of the second flush. I did a third for insurance.

I’ll do a follow-up carto evaluation once the carto is dry.

If anyone has suggestions or constructive criticism, feel free to pile on! smiley_abused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread