IGO-L or V5 (aka Nimbus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Hello boys and girls. First I would like to thank everybody for their help... I have been reading up alot on building coils and what type of material to use and have settled on microcoils with cotton. I would never have been able to do it with out you, thanks a ton! Very happy with the flavor production. I have used this combo on a smok rda and on a RSST. I am not getting as much flavor on the RSST as I am on the RDA, could be because dripping in the RDA is more efficient on keeping the cotton wet than it is on the RSST with the tipping method??

While I enjoy the flavor on the RDA dripping after every 3-4 drags is a little frustrating. I have narrowed down 2 RDA's that have a drip well that will hopefully space out the amount of time I have to drip (Right?). They are the IGO-L and V5 aka Nimbus.

Igo-L : $7.67 IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer - double heating wires / 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

v5 Nimbus : $5.10 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0

Only problem I see with the Igo-L is that you have to wrap around the screw which can be a PITA....

I am not looking for dual coil at the moment, just single micro (ish) coil for the moment. Please feel free to point me to any other RDA that hold a good amount of juice...

Thanks all!:vapor:

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
I have a igo l, after its built it works great (need to drill the hole out though). But its a pain in the azz to build on imo.

I am now using a trident clone and thats awesome. Adjustable air flow, extremely eas to build on and feels solid. plus it hasnt spit at me yet.

my brother has some nimbus clone and it spit at me a good amount, could be the build on it though.

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Thanks for the replies everybody. I think I am going in to info overload from all the research. Yes I was looking at the one on Fasttech but would not rule out the Igo-W from a local vendor if it is good.

While I have heard great things about the Trident, it does not have a drip well.... How long do you go before having to drip again?

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1418702

this one has a drip well. I can drop maybe 10 drops if bone dry 20 drops. I used to hate the thought of always having to drip but now I prefer it over all my gear.

Thats the Trident I was looking at, I am blind or might be the pic but I do not see a well by the posts, where the juice would pool up :confused:

Edit: Was just reading the reviews and it was mentioned that it has a drip well...

Edit #2 : Saw it has a small lip around the base :oops:

Last edited:

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
Here's a pic that shows the lip maybe a little more than the FT photos.
254542d1379949295-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th-dualcoiltrident.jpg

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I have an IGO-l.. (V5 on order though). A couple of things:

The IGO-l is a great RDA.... nice sized drip well and with the right build, it'll hold a ton of juice. While it might be a little tricky to mount the coil with those screw posts, I don't really have much of a problems as I use microcoils and cotton. The MCs are extremely durable, so once you get a good coil, you don't really have to stress about unscrewing things since you just pull the cotton, dry burn and clean, put a new cotton wick in there and reload. Really easy. Granted, holes in the posts would be EASIER, but they would save me, what.... 1 minute? Not a big deal considering that I usually slip the coil on whatever I built it on when I mount it... so getting the legs captured, even with my hamfists, is simple.

It has a nice look to it and it's a good size... fits perfectly on both my Vamo and my K100. The FT version came boxed, with a couple of replacement o-rings and a little screwdriver.

Things I don't like.... the drip tip that came with it I guess. It is a little loose and I don't like the Buck Rogers-y style...I'd FAR prefer a SS (or plated) Ming like what came on my RSST (I have some mings coming from FT with the V5 I mentioned earlier).

Oh, and the stock air hole was way too small... so I drilled it out to 1/16... and in the process I could see that this thing is solid SS. So it is a durable little lump. But most rebuildables are coming with holes that are too small it seems... better that than start out too big.

It'd be a pain to do dual coils, but with the 1.3 ohm micro I have in there now, it steams like it's on Hell on Wheels.... so I don't really need to bother with duals.

I was hoping I'd have the V5 by now so I could give you a comparison, but it is vacationing in the Port of Honk Kong at the moment.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Thanks for the help gents! Ordered a Trident and a Igo-L from FT! I have a Private V2 on the way to match it as well :)

Woooo Toys! Hey E... If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by stuff cotton? Do you add additional cotton besides the wick?

Good call, the Trident is far and away the best of the 3. Both the igo and v5 are well built but I had problems with my v5s, with the 510 threading. It's a little out of spec so it tended to strip out threads from weaker 510 connectors (e.g. aluminum mech heads).

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
I have an IGO-l.. (V5 on order though). A couple of things:

The IGO-l is a great RDA.... nice sized drip well and with the right build, it'll hold a ton of juice. While it might be a little tricky to mount the coil with those screw posts, I don't really have much of a problems as I use microcoils and cotton. The MCs are extremely durable, so once you get a good coil, you don't really have to stress about unscrewing things since you just pull the cotton, dry burn and clean, put a new cotton wick in there and reload. Really easy. Granted, holes in the posts would be EASIER, but they would save me, what.... 1 minute? Not a big deal considering that I usually slip the coil on whatever I built it on when I mount it... so getting the legs captured, even with my hamfists, is simple.

It has a nice look to it and it's a good size... fits perfectly on both my Vamo and my K100. The FT version came boxed, with a couple of replacement o-rings and a little screwdriver.

Things I don't like.... the drip tip that came with it I guess. It is a little loose and I don't like the Buck Rogers-y style...I'd FAR prefer a SS (or plated) Ming like what came on my RSST (I have some mings coming from FT with the V5 I mentioned earlier).

Oh, and the stock air hole was way too small... so I drilled it out to 1/16... and in the process I could see that this thing is solid SS. So it is a durable little lump. But most rebuildables are coming with holes that are too small it seems... better that than start out too big.

It'd be a pain to do dual coils, but with the 1.3 ohm micro I have in there now, it steams like it's on Hell on Wheels.... so I don't really need to bother with duals.

I was hoping I'd have the V5 by now so I could give you a comparison, but it is vacationing in the Port of Honk Kong at the moment.

Thanks Leo, Very similar to youI will set up with microcoil and cotton and also plug it on my Vamo until my Mech comes in, I agree it will only be the initial set up for the wrapping around the posts. I haven't acquired a "taste" yet for metallic drip tips so that will not sway me. I learned the hard way but have learned that drilling to 1/16th is a must!

Thanks for the tips and tricks, good karma coming your way to receive your V5 soon!

Good call, the Trident is far and away the best of the 3. Both the igo and v5 are well built but I had problems with my v5s, with the 510 threading. It's a little out of spec so it tended to strip out threads from weaker 510 connectors (e.g. aluminum mech heads).

Thanks dr_g ... Now the wait begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread