The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

igo-s coil, use holes in posts?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by telegraph, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. telegraph

telegraph Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    TN, USA
    I just got an igo-s, but haven't yet placed a coil on it yet. Do you use the holes in the posts for grabbing the wire ends? Or do you wrap the ends around the tops of posts and tighten the screws to hold them on? I think I have seen both ways on youtube. It seems like if the post holes are used, that would limit the amount of liquid it could hold.
    Thanks in advance!

2. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Wandering life's highway Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Moved to Rebuildable Atomizer Systems from New Members

3. JBL-37

JBL-37 Banana's Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Washington State
    I just use the holes and always have a bit sticking out the other side. I just fold this up the post, never had a problem and can't easily come out. I do check on it, I peek in there when dripping juice. I've seen people on youtube go through the holes and under screws. My stock coils on my squids came that way too.

Your wick will only hold so much (5-15 drops) juice, really depends how much wick is used. Too much Juice and it will leak out.

4. Jerms

Jerms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    With the IGO-S, the screws push down into the post hole to secure the wire in there. Makes it easy to put the wire through the hole and screw it down, then just clip off the excess. You can also secure the wire on top of the post without using the holes, by wrapping it around the screw and screwing it down, but there's really no reason to have the coil that high. The air-hole is only a little higher that the base of the IGO, and a coil with the legs through the post holes puts it at the right level.

Hope you like the IGO-S, it's my favorite small dripper so far out of the 9 I currently have (11 when the mailman comes tomorrow).

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

5. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Hey, Jerms, next time your inside that thing, will you check something for me? I was thinking about drilling out the pos. post for bottom feeding. Is it hollow right down to the flat 510 at the bottom? Or is it solid (coming up now) until the wire cinching screw hole? Does it seem feasible to you? I would imagine drilling out the post, and shortening the pos. screw (cinching wire at the top of the post), so as to have the juice come out the wire hole on the side of the post.

6. Jerms

Jerms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    The positive post is just hollow until the base of the IGO-S. Interesting idea, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

7. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks, dudeman! :)

8. Thraizer

Thraizer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Nj
    drilling inside the pos post for bottom feeder mod

9. telegraph

Mar 24, 2013
    TN, USA
    Thanks, this makes sense. Hadn't really appreciated the height of the air-hole. Ok, time to build a coil and see what I get. Relatively new at this. I have a Phoenix clone and a Wyvern, and see how collecting them could be interesting.

10. telegraph

Mar 24, 2013
    TN, USA
    This is interesting, but I don't understand why you do the drilling into the positive post. Can you explain?

11. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    Thraizer! THANK YOU! I just drilled out my Phoenix Bulli, ordered an IGO-S and then found your video! Can't wait to get the IGO. Love your jig; gonna use that for sure. :p

12. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    I, and Thraizer before me, am/are setting up the atomizer to use in a bottom feeding device (squeeze box, Goosebox, squonking, REO Mod). I'll throw up a picture somewhere in a bit.

13. Thraizer

Thraizer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Nj
    pdib, lol it's actually not my video. Found it by accident, I was looking for info on drilling 2 small holes on the 2 post on my igo-l so I wouldn't have to use the screws to secure the wire but found that video instead. But hey! the igo-s is cheaper than the rm2! :toast:

14. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    Yeah, well thanks again! The RM2 is great; but I can't do $45/pop on atties. I've got the one. Also, tho, I'm drilling air holes for some SLR; but want to keep my RM2 for Micro-coil. Anyhow, good timing, man!

15. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    Here's the Phoenix on my REO. I just finished setting it up for 0.5Ω. Nice vape!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't believe how cool and mellow these sub1/2 can be . . . . a 3/64 air hole in the front, 1/32 in the back, Nextel and a hole up the bottom . . . . and I'm stylin'!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.