igo-s coil, use holes in posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telegraph

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
TN, USA
I just got an igo-s, but haven't yet placed a coil on it yet. Do you use the holes in the posts for grabbing the wire ends? Or do you wrap the ends around the tops of posts and tighten the screws to hold them on? I think I have seen both ways on youtube. It seems like if the post holes are used, that would limit the amount of liquid it could hold.
Thanks in advance!

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
I just use the holes and always have a bit sticking out the other side. I just fold this up the post, never had a problem and can't easily come out. I do check on it, I peek in there when dripping juice. I've seen people on youtube go through the holes and under screws. My stock coils on my squids came that way too.

Your wick will only hold so much (5-15 drops) juice, really depends how much wick is used. Too much juice and it will leak out.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
With the IGO-S, the screws push down into the post hole to secure the wire in there. Makes it easy to put the wire through the hole and screw it down, then just clip off the excess. You can also secure the wire on top of the post without using the holes, by wrapping it around the screw and screwing it down, but there's really no reason to have the coil that high. The air-hole is only a little higher that the base of the IGO, and a coil with the legs through the post holes puts it at the right level.

Hope you like the IGO-S, it's my favorite small dripper so far out of the 9 I currently have (11 when the mailman comes tomorrow).

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hey, Jerms, next time your inside that thing, will you check something for me? I was thinking about drilling out the pos. post for bottom feeding. Is it hollow right down to the flat 510 at the bottom? Or is it solid (coming up now) until the wire cinching screw hole? Does it seem feasible to you? I would imagine drilling out the post, and shortening the pos. screw (cinching wire at the top of the post), so as to have the juice come out the wire hole on the side of the post.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hey, Jerms, next time your inside that thing, will you check something for me? I was thinking about drilling out the pos. post for bottom feeding. Is it hollow right down to the flat 510 at the bottom? Or is it solid (coming up now) until the wire cinching screw hole? Does it seem feasible to you? I would imagine drilling out the post, and shortening the pos. screw (cinching wire at the top of the post), so as to have the juice come out the wire hole on the side of the post.

The positive post is just hollow until the base of the IGO-S. Interesting idea, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

telegraph

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
TN, USA
With the IGO-S, the screws push down into the post hole to secure the wire in there. Makes it easy to put the wire through the hole and screw it down, then just clip off the excess. You can also secure the wire on top of the post without using the holes, by wrapping it around the screw and screwing it down, but there's really no reason to have the coil that high. The air-hole is only a little higher that the base of the IGO, and a coil with the legs through the post holes puts it at the right level.

Hope you like the IGO-S, it's my favorite small dripper so far out of the 9 I currently have (11 when the mailman comes tomorrow).

Thanks, this makes sense. Hadn't really appreciated the height of the air-hole. Ok, time to build a coil and see what I get. Relatively new at this. I have a Phoenix clone and a Wyvern, and see how collecting them could be interesting.

telegraph

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
TN, USA

This is interesting, but I don't understand why you do the drilling into the positive post. Can you explain?

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
This is interesting, but I don't understand why you do the drilling into the positive post. Can you explain?

I, and Thraizer before me, am/are setting up the atomizer to use in a bottom feeding device (squeeze box, Goosebox, squonking, REO Mod). I'll throw up a picture somewhere in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread