Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Good evening Vapers.

Last month I was made aware that I had won an Ijoy Capo Squonker Kit from Ijoy hosted by Vaping360 and since I finally received it and after putting it through the normal tests i thought I would throw it out there for y'all.

The run down:
This kit is a VW only device, very simple, nothing flashy, just very simple like a lot of folks prefer.
It is a 100w device that is powered by your choice of a single 18650/20700/21700 battery.
The reservoir bottle holds an impressive 9ml of liquid.
the fire button is large like the Captain, sits flush and is very responsive.
In the box(which is very nice btw) you get;

The Ijoy Capo Squonker
9ml Clear reservoir bottle
9ml Tinted reservoir bottle
USB cable
1 20700 battery
1 18650 battery sleeve(same type that comes with the Captain PD270)
Screwdriver
Flat head driver
Extra orings
2 Extra deck screws(not sure why they only send 2 extra when the deck takes 4)
1 regular 510 pin (in case you feel like using it as a normal RDA)
2 clapton coils
2 pieces of precut cotton.

The device itself seems to be made out of a light aluminum and has several slots near the top of the battery on both sides. Like an over-sized AL85.
The USB port is on the bottom corner of where the battery sits which is nice so even if you get some liquid overflow from the RDA it will not be anywhere near the port.
The zigzag UP/DOWN buttons are almost flush, very responsive, and rounds robin very quickly.
The display in brightness is to that of the smok products, like a tinted screen.
The display shows really only what you really need to know(Watts, Ohms, and, Batt)
To access the bottle is actually interesting, it has a magnet on the bottom like the Eleaf Pico Squonk but its the entire corner that comes off, not just the bottom.

The Deck; Combo RDA Triangle
I was really impressed by design of this deck, it is very simple to build on and has a REALLY deep well which is always a bonus. The phillips head screws are great as long as you are using the correct driver for them, like everything else.
The outer edge of the deck is sharp where the airflow comes in so be careful there(the normal, triple antibiotic, and band aids)
The drip tip is good but i have found that if you switch it out with the Icon DT it appears to receive more airflow. Ijoy could have made the slot a bit larger than what they did(I put the top cap from the Combo RDA on it which did increase the airflow but the cap is too wide for it to stay on)

The vape from it is not wide open airflow that you would get from other RDA's on the market but just enough to make it work well, MTL users could easily use this deck.

The battery;
Ok, so using a dual build of Tiger coils, ohmed out at approximately 0.22, I have run the device anywhere from 58w to 100w. I personally did not see any real change in the vapor produced.
From the first 1.5 hours of using it the battery is still at 3 out of 5 bars, so for a single battery I'm not really complaining.

My impression overall is that this is a very simple, user friendly squonker. Not heavy compared with the Eleaf Pico Squeeze or the size either.

Pros and Cons?
Well, it does what it should, nothing flashy, not expensive, great deck, can be used as a normal dripper, small size, larger bottle, no rattles, can use 3 different types of batteries, and holds 25mm tanks.
I did use the VV Mesh, VV Icon, VV Pulse 22 all with no issues or overhang.

Below are the Capo pictured next to the Pico Squeeze and Voopoo Drag for comparison.
20171106_164315.jpg
20171106_164624.jpg
20171106_164819.jpg
20171106_164657.jpg

Attachments

• 20171106_164934.jpg
    20171106_164934.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20171106_165032.jpg
    20171106_165032.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 20171106_165053.jpg
    20171106_165053.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 21
  • 20171106_184428.jpg
    20171106_184428.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20171106_170535.jpg
    20171106_170535.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 21

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Good evening Vapers.

Last month I was made aware that I had won an Ijoy Capo Squonker Kit from Ijoy hosted by Vaping360 and since I finally received it and after putting it through the normal tests i thought I would throw it out there for y'all.

The run down:
This kit is a VW only device, very simple, nothing flashy, just very simple like a lot of folks prefer.
It is a 100w device that is powered by your choice of a single 18650/20700/21700 battery.
The reservoir bottle holds an impressive 9ml of liquid.
the fire button is large like the Captain, sits flush and is very responsive.
In the box(which is very nice btw) you get;

The Ijoy Capo Squonker
9ml Clear reservoir bottle
9ml Tinted reservoir bottle
USB cable
1 20700 battery
1 18650 battery sleeve(same type that comes with the Captain PD270)
Screwdriver
Flat head driver
Extra orings
2 Extra deck screws(not sure why they only send 2 extra when the deck takes 4)
1 regular 510 pin (in case you feel like using it as a normal RDA)
2 clapton coils
2 pieces of precut cotton.

The device itself seems to be made out of a light aluminum and has several slots near the top of the battery on both sides. Like an over-sized AL85.
The USB port is on the bottom corner of where the battery sits which is nice so even if you get some liquid overflow from the RDA it will not be anywhere near the port.
The zigzag UP/DOWN buttons are almost flush, very responsive, and rounds robin very quickly.
The display in brightness is to that of the Smok products, like a tinted screen.
The display shows really only what you really need to know(Watts, Ohms, and, Batt)
To access the bottle is actually interesting, it has a magnet on the bottom like the Eleaf Pico Squonk but its the entire corner that comes off, not just the bottom.

The Deck; Combo RDA Triangle
I was really impressed by design of this deck, it is very simple to build on and has a REALLY deep well which is always a bonus. The phillips head screws are great as long as you are using the correct driver for them, like everything else.
The outer edge of the deck is sharp where the airflow comes in so be careful there(the normal, triple antibiotic, and band aids)
The drip tip is good but i have found that if you switch it out with the Icon DT it appears to receive more airflow. Ijoy could have made the slot a bit larger than what they did(I put the top cap from the Combo RDA on it which did increase the airflow but the cap is too wide for it to stay on)

The vape from it is not wide open airflow that you would get from other RDA's on the market but just enough to make it work well, MTL users could easily use this deck.

The battery;
Ok, so using a dual build of Tiger coils, ohmed out at approximately 0.22, I have run the device anywhere from 58w to 100w. I personally did not see any real change in the vapor produced.
From the first 1.5 hours of using it the battery is still at 3 out of 5 bars, so for a single battery I'm not really complaining.

My impression overall is that this is a very simple, user friendly squonker. Not heavy compared with the Eleaf Pico Squeeze or the size either.

Pros and Cons?
Well, it does what it should, nothing flashy, not expensive, great deck, can be used as a normal dripper, small size, larger bottle, no rattles, can use 3 different types of batteries, and holds 25mm tanks.
I did use the VV Mesh, VV Icon, VV Pulse 22 all with no issues or overhang.

Below are the Capo pictured next to the Pico Squeeze and Voopoo Drag for comparison.
View attachment 698535 View attachment 698543 View attachment 698545 View attachment 698547

Nice write-up Tonee. Thanks for Posting it.

:thumb:

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Nice review Tonee

I am in the market for a regulated squonker as mine are all mechs i also like the Capo which i bought recently, my only concern would be the size of the bottle as i always replace it with a certain silicone supersoft brand i always use and they don't do 9ml. But still tempted!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Nice review Tonee

I am in the market for a regulated squonker as mine are all mechs i also like the Capo which i bought recently, my only concern would be the size of the bottle as i always replace it with a certain silicone supersoft brand i always use and they don't do 9ml. But still tempted!
Thanks Tim.
I'm surprised that those bottles aren't available in more sizes etc.
I would probably be able to find one for babies that would fit.

Sent from the future

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Thanks Tim.
I'm surprised that those bottles aren't available in more sizes etc.
I would probably be able to find one for babies that would fit.

Sent from the future
I think Squonking is going to become more and more popular over the next couple of years and various different size bottles will be used and become available. The brand i use only do 8ml but if more devices come out with other sizes no doubt they would start doing those sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread