Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The reason why I wrote no muss is that I got out of Squonking because there wasn't regulated devices and I had to make my own or buy coils and wick the cotton. Also the Squonkers had a tendency to leak in my pocket.

Well Ijoy came out with a Squonker combined with a .13 SRDA. about a year ago and I ran across it recently when I was looking for a Squonker with replaceable coil assembly. They are kind of hard to find which is why I figured I'd put a post in about the unit titled no Muss.

Later I found that the Kangertech Drip Box Series also has this feature but they are discontinued and hard to find.

I think the SRDA stands for Squonking Rebuildable dripping Atomizer. The unique feature of the atomizer is that you can replace the coils/deck with a completely wicked Cotton Atty. You just screw it in to the base.

Well I've had it for a week and I'm thrilled. The Atty is the type without a reservoir, you squonk it saturates the cotton and then is sucked back into the bottom. No Pooling and almost impossible to oversaturate.

Some have complained that the unit doesn't have a boost circuit so it only regulates the voltage downward. To me it doesn't matter because my sweet spot for the .13 SRDA is 40 Watts. I just can't figure how anyone can enjoy vaping this atty at 80 Watts. It's a standard dual coil build with the cotton tucked into the holes in the bottom and is as flavorful as anything that I've ever built.

They sell the Replacement Coil assembly 3 for $7.00 delivered from fasttech or as low as 3 for $8.00 + shipping in the U.S. Just bought 3 for around $12.00 to hold me off until a fasttech shipment arrives.

It takes a 18650(With condom sleeve spacer) and fits a 20700 or a 21700.

So what do I like
1. The atty squonks perfectly, except for when I first inserted it, It doesn't leak out the side.
In my pocket it doesn't leak upside down. I think that the Cotton just had to be broken in.
2. The integrated solution, The SRDA .13 Atty looks great and works perfectly
3. Quality of the Vape, I'm really getting a tasty vape at 40 Watts
4. At this point in time the lack of any type of leaking. Even when upside down.
5. Price -$39 for the kit Delivered from Direct Vapor. Heck you can easily spend $30.00 on an atty alone.
6. Not having to mess with Cotton and threading and screw drivers etc.. Just being able to replace the Coil Assembly
7. The Option to re wick the cotton.
8. Refilling bottle. There is the metal hypodermic type along with a seal that stays on it. You just pull the bottle out downward and the seal comes off of the neck of the bottle.Refilling the bottle is easy peasy, no trying to fit a rubber tube on to a metal tube.
9. Small and low profile. At 3 3/4 from bottom to the top of the 810 Drip Tip very low profile. or without Atty 3" High from bottom to top of the Battery cap and 1 3/8 Wide and 2" Long
10.Pretty much seems solidly but together although I suspect slight rattle from buttons.
11. Buttons feel nice the fire button is very big, Led screen is nice size
12. Simplicity - This mod has only Wattage control. No TC or ramp up or all these features that I never use and find confusing.
13. Very easy. 5 presses of the fire button to start and 5 to shut down. On the side Up and Down for wattage. That's it. I could give this to a Granny and she'd have no problems with this once set up.
14. Precision Buttons - One of the things that bugs me is that many Mods simply aren't precise with the 5 clicks to turn on and off. This mod every time I click quickly or slowly 5 times and it does what it's supposed to

What I don't like
1. It's Heavy, I like the pure aluminum Mods that are feather light.
2. When it came to me the included battery was discharged down to 1.92, it wouldn't register in the Mod but my charger at home resuscitated it
3. Not a Neg for me but this is a right hand mod. The LED Screen is on the left hand side (hen you hold it in the right hand you see the Led Screen. If you held it in your left hand it would be blocked.
4. Others on the board have reported that the Ijoy Capo leaks, I've had mine for a week and not seen any leaking. Fingers crossed
5. I've seen on YouTube that because it's not screwed in at the time of wicking that it can be difficult to wick. No base to stabilize it. Since I don't plan to Wick it's that's not a negative for me.
6. It comes with a special tool for putting on the Atty Assembly and I worry about if I it gets lost.

Final Thoughts
This is a well integrated system. I think the Atty is a good match for the ICapo.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mackman

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have two 20X700 iJoy Capo Squonk's that date back to Dec 2017. They leaked from the 510, and also internally almost from the start. So both their 510 and bottle systems are far less than stellar. Mine were used some as dippers for a while, then went out of service because they leak even when dripped.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Just found out about the E leaf Pico Squeeze.

Very similiar to Icapo but has better reviews. On another forum I was sent a link to breazy.com who is selling them at $30.00 for the kit. Way below market. The only drawback was that they only had Rainbow and Purple. But too good to pass up. Bought a Rainbow and if it's better will probably switch to it. Otherwise keep it as a backup for when this fails. Oh and 101Vape had the Maze Atty for only $5.00 couldn't resist. The Vandyvape Maze also has a bunch of haters but so far it's given me stellar performance.

Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread